+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No I wouldn't but I also wouldn't let any one ride a moto x bike on a school oval or any where not recommended to ride them, because its starting a bad habit for when they are older on bigger bikes.

My husband is well into moto x and gets really annoyed when he sees people illegal riding or bush bashing he says it gives them all a bad name.

So no I wouldn't call the police it I would suggest calling the local jr moto club and finding out where to practice

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It wasn't the school where the police were called. We happily left the school.

For added info. the bike is very quiet. The park we went to was more then 200m away from house down the bottom of a hill. A person would have to stand on their balcony or be walking on the footpath above us to see.

Before she had this bike, she had a quad that was a 2 stroke and VERY loud. She would ride this around the school oval all the time and never had a issue with anyone. And kids ride their bikes on the school oval with no issue. But only difference is her bike had a motor and their don't.

The bike track we went to has no rule against motor bikes. Like I said the officer has no issue with it, he was more then happy for us to return.

So just clarifying the BMX track is NOT on or near school property or housing.

And the person would not of been able to see us as we were sitting under a bunch of trees watching her ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    It wasn't the school where the police were called. We happily left the school.

For added info. the bike is very quiet. The park we went to was more then 200m away from house down the bottom of a hill. A person would have to stand on their balcony or be walking on the footpath above us to see.

Before she had this bike, she had a quad that was a 2 stroke and VERY loud. She would ride this around the school oval all the time and never had a issue with anyone. And kids ride their bikes on the school oval with no issue. But only difference is her bike had a motor and their don't.

The bike track we went to has no rule against motor bikes. Like I said the officer has no issue with it, he was more then happy for us to return.

So just clarifying the BMX track is NOT on or near school property or housing.

And the person would not of been able to see us as we were sitting under a bunch of trees watching her ride.
    Yes I realise the police weren't called at the school but you seemed to think being asked to leave was unfair. Other kids may be riding their bikes on the oval but I'd be surprised if they were allowed to.

As for the other park - maybe the police were called because you couldn't be seen (you say you were under a tree)? Any chance someone thought she was there on her own/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    To be honest I don't think they're calling the police "on a 4 year old", I think they're calling the police about the situation in general and probably you as parents for allowing it.

I would think that there would be much more suitable off road recreational facilities / paddocks etc to teach her how to ride rathe than a school oval which gardeners put time effort and attention into.
    This!! I'm sure it's trespassing.

Why did you get her the bike if you didn't have a suitable place for her to ride it sorted out?

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-03-2013),FearlessLeader  (11-04-2013),Gandalf  (06-03-2013),HugsBunny  (05-03-2013),Lincolns mummy  (05-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (05-03-2013),wannawannabe  (05-03-2013),waterlily  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If other parents choose to let their children break the rules and ride their pushbikes, that doesn't give you the go ahead to take it a step further and allow your daughter to ride a motorbike on school property, especially out of school hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Its a bit OTT to call the police on a 4 year old riding a little motorised bike.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD's school oval is basically a big dirt pit. She comes home every day black with dirt from the knees down. When it rained last week everyone was caked with mud, even the mums just doing drop off. The school is trying to raise funds urgently to have it fixed. If I saw a kid riding a little motorbike on it I would be livid and would notify the principal.

As for the bmx track, I can't imagine they would let full-sized motorbikes there, I don't see why they would make an exception to the rules for a four year old.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think they're dobbing you in, not specifically your child.

I imagine that it's against the rules. Doesn't matter if you think it's unfair or not, because rules are rules.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe as its a BMX track , they just heard the bike and assumed it was teens causing trouble & called the police without looking. Maybe previously there has been teens there causing damage and they thought 'next time they come back we will call' ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to newmummy2010 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's best to make sure you have an appropriate place to ride before buying a gift like that to be honest.. Preferably on private property or somewhere created specifically for that kind of bike.

It's not a fair expectation that you can just ride wherever you want just because you can't foresee it being a problem/damaging.

Perhaps next time you could specifically ask permission from the owners etc & then you know that you are doing the right thing.

I'm sorry your little one couldn't ride though, that would have been sad!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (05-03-2013),FearlessLeader  (11-04-2013)