+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hcg levels rising but not doubling

Hi everyone. Looking for a glimps of hope, success stories of HCG levels slowly rising resulting in a bub!

My 6w5d US showed gestation sac, tiny 2mm yolk but no fetal pole. Also a Tiny bleed adjacent to the sac.HCG levels the same day were fine 25871. So was told dates might be out (which I doubt as I mapped everything) or a recent miscarriage. No cramping, no spotting etc. just got new HCG results. 6 days later it has risen to 38500. So slight rise but I was expecting a double atleast every 96hrs?
    I know it doesn't sound good,possibly a missed miscarriage. I have another US on Friday to see if any change, the first OB the following fri.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did u go preggybelly? Was everything ok? I'm having a similar experience at the moment with my HCG rising but not doubling

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG doesn't keep doubling for the entire pregnancy. After the first few weeks, the rate of increase slows down significantly. If your levels are still rising, that is a very good sign. Just because they are not doubling doesn't mean there is anything wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    How did u go preggybelly? Was everything ok? I'm having a similar experience at the moment with my HCG rising but not doubling
    Hi hummingbird. Im sorry but my pregnancy ended. My concerns were correct. Bub died at 6w, so only a few days prior to my first US. Follow Us's kept showing the same age. HCG did keep rising but the rise slowed down. I know levels for some people don't double, but in my situation bub kept measuring 6w no heartbeat detected, so i knew things werent good. I ended up refusing further bloods/US. i knew my dates were right. So saw MY OB earlier than planned.He confirmed everything and I had a D&C the following day (would have been 9w).

Regarding my rising HCG. My yolk sac was growing instead of the bub which was causing the rise.

I wish you all the best. Remember every preg is different so sending positive vibes to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks preggybelly. Sorry to hear of ur loss. Unfortunately my pregnancy is ending too it's devastating. Was it your first? It's my first so I really don't know how to handle it. I had a scan yesterday that showed a heartbeat but very low and bub measures 5w 6 days but I should be at least 7.5weeks. They said I should start to miscarry properly in the next few days as I have started to have very light brown spotting the last few days.

I was worried from the start as I had no symptoms whatsoever and my HCG kept rising but it was never doubling. It only got to 6300 & stopped. Just hoping it all comes out naturally & the HCG comes down soon.

We're u able to start TTC straight after ur D&C? Have u had any luck since? Did you find out what caused ur miscarriage? I think that will be the hardest part for me...not knowing. I never expected this and its hard because ppl say its so common but its not openly spoken about. Hope u coped ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh I'm sorry hummingbird.
    No words can help

This was my second bub. we conceived straight away & we were very excited. I have a little boy who turned 2 on 16th march (D&C was 13 th march, wasn't a happy bday!), his pregnancy was perfect so seeing No heart beat at the 6w6d scan was sickening. I had all symptoms, nausea, sore boobs etc, no cramping, no spotting all the up until the D&C!

Waiting naturally for me could have taken a day or 5weeks & since it was already 3weeks by the time I saw my OB I mentally couldn't cope with waiting any longer. The back &forth with bloods & US got too much .

How did i cope. I think I have coped ok....heart broken,cried for a few days,broke down at drs and 2 weeks later I still have bad moments. It hurts. But I'm grieving a bub so I'm expecting this to continue for a little bit longer. I found comments like "it wasn't ment to be", "there is always next time", "u can try again","better now then later"....all hard comments to take! I didn't want sympathy, just acknowledgment & hugs. Hardest part is soooo many friends are having bubs at the moment or announcing pregnancies! I'm happy for them, but its still a constant reminder. The only comments that helped...a friend said to me "You would have done everything You could to have prevent it, but something's are out of our control". It was a lightbulb moment for me .
    No I don't know what caused it. OB said at 5-6wkks it was most likely a chromosome issue when the cells split to form the feotal pole & quite common... I have a follow up app within him after Easter so see what he says.
    We havnt tried TTC yet so can't answer that question. I was told to wait till I get my first period to make sure cycle is back on track. Well 2 weeks later and no period yet. It's different for everyone. Some people try straight away with luck .
    To me its still fresh & I'm still unsure whether I want to TTC just yet.

I do hope there is some miracle and I get a nice reply . If not just remember its ok to grieve and feel loss (even if your partner doesn't like mine!) I do hope things happen quickly for you. It's a horrible time. Big hugsxx I hope I have answered all your questions. I'm trying to type quick before work.

I will PM you later. Im happy to chat with you through this IF you would like someone random to chat to without judgement

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls i couldnt read and not reply.im so sorry to both of you for your loss.ive just recently gone through this with my first at 12 weeks.its a heartbreaking time.be kind to your self,let your self grieve the way you need to.there always seem to be much more pregnant women around at times like these.you have good and bad days but they do get easier i promise.recommend waiting till you have your first period to ttc again so you body is back to normal.be positive girls and just know everything happens for a reason.the miscarriage support thread is great on here.helped me alot!! pm me if you want to chat i am more than happy to help you through this difficult time.xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by specialkay View Post
    hi girls i couldnt read and not reply.im so sorry to both of you for your loss.ive just recently gone through this with my first at 12 weeks.its a heartbreaking time.be kind to your self,let your self grieve the way you need to.there always seem to be much more pregnant women around at times like these.you have good and bad days but they do get easier i promise.recommend waiting till you have your first period to ttc again so you body is back to normal.be positive girls and just know everything happens for a reason.the miscarriage support thread is great on here.helped me alot!! pm me if you want to chat i am more than happy to help you through this difficult time.xxxx
    Thanks for your kind words special Kay )