+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine both got temps when teething and also a smelly mouth, dribble and red rosey cheeks. My first was very upset when teething, my second not so much but all the other symptoms were the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No temps, unless she also had a cold or some other infection. I was told similar to a PP, it's not the teething directly causing the symptoms it's the fact that when teething they constantly have their germy hands (and other things) in their mouths, which makes them much more likely to get sick.

If your bub has a persistent temp with no sign of a cold/flu, it would be worth a trip to the GP. It could be a sign of an infection somewhere else like a UTI or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys so seems some say yes others no.i am going to book him into the doc now just to be sure. Hate how he is on fire. Poor boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DDs teething atm and had a temp of 38.3 I took her to hospital as she just wasn't herself. Saw the head of paediatrics who said teething will never produce a temp of over 38 - this is always a sign of secondary infection/virus. She has tonsillitis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes both my boys suffer from fevers when teething.

Ds1 had a temp of 39.8 so we went to the dr. They dismissed that it could be teething and made him do a urine test as he must have had an infection..

Anyone who has had to get a 10 month old to pee on que knows how difficult it is to catch the wee. We waited 3 hours and finally the dr said to go home and monitor him.

The temp stayed till morning, and wen he woke, guess what.. 2 new teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No my kids never had fevers while teething...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little one gets a temperature, but he always gets sick when he's teething. It must shatter his little immune system. Only the 2 year molars to go!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD has always had temps when teething (up until her molars). The teething stint before molars had her with 41.5 temps.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to update.. I finally took my son to the doctor today because he was so grizzly and turns out he has a virus. They think roseola because the fever turned to rash after a few days.
    So I am starting to believe it starts as teeth but then turns to virus as they always stick their hands in mouth as someone else said.
    So next time I'm not going to wait so long before getting him to the doc.. Even tho he has to just ride this out but my stress levels have dropped knowing what It is..