+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just confirmed with a mom I nannied for-Dennis was her OB for her second. She calls him 'cheap and cheerful.' She really liked him throughout her pregnancy but he didn't get the opportunity to deliver her baby as it happened very quickly and she was born in the kitchen when they tried to walk to the car! I did talk to her about Dennis when we first lost our baby in Dec as I knew next time I would want a private OB. I remember her saying he was pretty old school and listened to the baby's heartbeat with this 'horn.' This was 2008/09 so he may use a Doppler now. She said he does book out very quickly so you have to get in quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know who Dennis' replacement is if he's on leave?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I used Dennis for both my pregnancies (plus 3 miscarriages and D&Cs). He is fabulous. He's easy-going, yet firm when he needs to be. I had a difficult first birth with a long labour, forceps and huge baby! he was great. Linda, the receptionist, is quite abrupt, but she is actually lovely once you get to know her. She is extremely good at her job and follows up everything. It's a little frustrating that they are not computerised, but other than that, I can't recommend Dennis highly enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to give a more recent reply to this thread as it hasn't been updated for a while.

Dennis was my ob for my first child several years ago. Couldn't fault him. He was kind, caring and even though there were some pretty full on complications my experience with him was positive. I would definitely have recommended him.

Which is why I chose him without hesitation for my second child. Fast forward a few years, unfortunately my experience with Dennis was very different.

At the appointments he was somewhat distant compared to my last experience. Obviously with my second child I was more knowledgeable and had done more research and I got the feeling he was somehow threatened by that. During appointments I felt rushed, not heard, a general vibe of impatience. He practically scoffed at me when I turned up with a birth plan.

For one appointment I couldn't find a babysitter for my 3yo, Dennis was very short with my child, showed absolutely no warmth whatsoever for the child he had delivered and I left that day with alarm bells bells ringing. I wish I had listened and not told myself that everything would be fine, that changing obs was too hard.

On the day my baby was born I had been in contact with him several times as it was a long first stage of labour. He knew when I was going to hospital, it was a longish drive. He wasn't even there when my baby was born, he turned up afterwards. It was just luck that I had hired a private midwife, who along with one hospital midwife
    and my partner were there when my baby arrived. Even with all of that, it was still ok. It was what happened afterwards.

Several hours after my baby was born I was still having complications. By this stage my midwife had been with us all night and finally went home. Dennis was called back in. It was very obvious that he was not happy about it.
    Then, without any warning, explanation, asking consent, or offering pain relief or to go to theatre, he performed a very invasive, painful procedure on me. When I struggled and screamed 'no' repeatedly, in agony, he yelled at me to shut up.

It has taken me over a year to be able able to write this. I was diagnosed with PTSD and undertook extensive counselling. I am still traumatised.
    But I am not writing this for me. I am writing this for anyone who googles Dennis Price looking for advice. This is my advice. Dennis was a great doctor. Not anymore.

Choose a different obstetrician. Look into also hiring a private midwife or Doula to give you extra support you during your birth. Without the birthing and post-partum support of my midwife my experience might have been very different and I may not be here now to write this.