+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dennis Price Obstetrician reviews?

Hi all, I have read some good reviews on Dennis Price & rang up to get details on pricing. The reviews I have read say he is great but when I spoke to his receptionist she was not helpful at all & was quite rude. I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask which she only gave me very brief answers to & it sounded like she was getting annoyed that I was asking questions.

She also said how busy he is & how quick he books out etc. this makes me second guess him as I'm thinking if his receptionist is rude and rushed is he likely to be the same? As I said his reviews have been great but after speaking with his receptionist I was quite put off. If he is so busy, is every appointment rushed? Does he have enough time to answer questions if you are concerned about anything?

I rang again on a different day thinking she may have had a bad day when I initially rang but she was still the same, very abrupt & didn't want to give me the time of day! Has anyone here used him & had any issues with rushed appointments? What is he like personally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, Dennis is my OB. He's lovely and I'm so happy that I went with him. Yes, his receptionist is exceptionally rude but she does warm to you. I think she just has a very abrupt personality. Dennis has an amazingly calm and helpful manner which always puts me at ease.

He's always happy to answer any questions I have so he's good in that respect. Appointments don't generally last very long, about 15-20 mins but from speaking to friends and family that's petty standard. What is important to me is that Dennis is very easy going with whatever I want to do during the birth and won't try to push me into anything I'm not comfortable with. He also doesn't poke and prod me down there all the time which I'm happy with.

In regards to pricing, his management fee is $2500 and he charges $60 per visit of which we get $40 back from Medicare.

Let me know if you there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB Junior- does Dennis price have an ultrasound machine in his rooms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, he doesn't but the ultrasound place is next door in the same consulting rooms. We aren't finding that an issue at all. He's also rushed to the office before within half an hour because I rang him worried that I hadn't felt bub move for a while so he's definitely there when you need him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dennis was my Ob for my twins and I think he's great. I wanted someone who would work with me to have a normal twin birth. He did not disappoint, he didn't pressure me into anything, and he was very laid back, but I am sure he would not take any chances if something wasn't safe. My appointments were always short, but I like that he is not a stresshead that does u/sounds at appts etc. He is extremely reassuring if you have any concerns though.
    His receptionist was not particularly helpful when I rang the first time either, but if you are at all interested I'd book in ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies about Dennis. A lot of ppl have told me he is extremely easy going. I'm the sort of person who would worry & stress over the tiniest symptoms. Even though he is easy going does he still look into things if you are slightly worried about something? If there is a chance something could be wrong does he do proper investigations? I'm not sure if someone so easy going would suit me as I'll be extremely stressed. Have any of you who used him had any problems at all? Is he cautious enough that if something was wrong he would deal with it & not brush it off as me worrying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Iozza- I saw my therapist today and was speaking to her about OBs. She specializes in pregnancy loss and depression in pregnancy so deals a lot with Melbourne OBs. She highly recommended Grant Saffer and John Regan. I've looked up Regan and he's out of Clayton and had great reviews, I think he delivers at Cabrini as well. I'm looking up Saffer and he also has good reviews, out of East Melbourne but I thought my therapist said he delivers out of Cabrini also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was someone's review about Saffer on another website: I would rave about Grant. He was gentle, supportive, funny and most of all a great Ob. I had a few complications during the pregnancy and Grant seems to cover all bases. In other words, he'll do extra tests if he has the smallest suspician something may be wrong so if you are a nervous type, Grant is reassuring. I did the tears thing infront of him a few times and he was lovely. He was great at the birth, visited every day in hospital and was great with hubby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dennis was my ob back in 2011. He is lovely. I never had to wait long for my appointments either.

He is very laid back. He doesn't have an ultrasound machine but I had the 2 scans at the adjoining ultrasound place to his office.

Yes his receptionist is quite abrupt and does come across as rude. But I found once u start going to appointments more frequently she warms up a bit once she sees u regularly. She is very efficient however. I wouldn't not use Dennis because of her. And he does book out very fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that everyone. Kirst33 thanks too - John regan sounds really good but unfortunately he is on holidays just before my due date which is a bit unlucky.

Dennis price sounds good, still going to do a bit more research though before I lock him in, thanks everyone