+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Guides badges are the bane of my existence. I'm terrible at sewing them on and have been known to put it off until the leader takes pity on DD and does it for her.
    I have a basket of washing to fold that I've been ignoring all day. I should clean something. I should change my sheets instead I just cuddle and play with my baby
    Guides badges are the pits. I didn't know they had to go on a certain way and in a certain order. I can't sew either. I seriously hate it. I feel like discouraging her from completing more tasks as it just results in more bl00dy badges

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Putting together the ikea drawers I bought 4 months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anything that requires an appointment or prior arrangements. Trying to work anything around work and school and peak hour traffic just makes me give up before I even try. Things like taking the car to the panel beater to fix a scratch, taking dd to the podiatrist, getting an electrician in to look at a light that isn't working...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The washing still needs to be out away, it's always clean dry and folded but then sits in the basket looking longingly at the drawers that and I need to wash the walls down so many marks on them from before we moved into this house over 18months ago ill get round to it one day lol

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The dentist. Dd1 is 5 & has never been I hate going to the dentist.

Photos. Backing them up, putting printed ones in albums...

Selling the kids old clothes. It has been on my to do list for so long, but I gave then all away last week cos realistically I will never get around to it.

The garden. Its a mess.

Tightening the blue ring on the trampoline lol.

I could go on... The only job I'm really good at is procrastinating ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Clean the inside of our car.

Go through our mounds of clothes that dont fit so we can take them to a charity.

Finish DS's scapbook...Ive done the first page...hes 18 months old lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    the windows - in hope that DH will eventually agree to us getting a window cleaner.
    This!!! I even physically wrote myself a to do list to motivate me to do everything that needs to be done and cleaning the windows (inside and out) was #1 on the list. I cleaned the inside of 1 window when I was trying to stay on my feet in the hope that I'd go into labour, then got bored and watched tv instead. I live in hope that mine or hubby's parents will come over to babysit one day and find my list and take pity on me and clean the windows hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Along with the baskets of washing needing folding and putting away I have plants sitting in pots that need to be planted in the garden they have been waiting to be planted for weeks. Windows also need cleaning and floors need mopping but with DH home all weekend it's best to do that when he is at work.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a pair of DS1's school pants and a shirt with a torn sleeve that need repairing - they've been sitting in the hall cupboard for more than 6 months :-/

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Crafty things. I always start them but can never be bothered. I have two mobiles for this bub's room that I've started and can't be bothered to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Guides badges are the bane of my existence. I'm terrible at sewing them on and have been known to put it off until the leader takes pity on DD and does it for her.
    I have a basket of washing to fold that I've been ignoring all day. I should clean something. I should change my sheets instead I just cuddle and play with my baby
    Top tip. I was in Scouting for ages and when I hit Rovers I suddenly realised that sewing badges on SUCKED.
    So I went to Spotlight and got a container of fabric adhesive and a sheet of iron on adhesive.
    For heavier badges I'd use generous amounts of fabric adhesive (can't remember the brand but I washed my uniform regularly and they never came off or even came loose) and the iron on adhesive for the lighter bands like group name strips etc.

No one could tell that they weren't sewn on and it literally took a couple of seconds to put them on and overnight to cure. Job done .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-03-2013),Sonja  (04-03-2013)