+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default What are the jobs that you never get around to doing

Ok so we're nearly at the end of a long weekend here in WA and once again I haven't sewn DD1's guides badges onto her sash. It is such a time consuming, boring job that I just can't bring myself to do it, no matter how many times I tell myself it has to be done before her next guides' meeting. And yet every week she goes to the meeting with her badges safety pinned on and sighs when she realises I still haven't done it.

So make me feel better - what are the jobs you keep putting off, and off and off, no matter how much you know you'll have to do them eventually (and I'm not just talking about ironing, or folding washing etc - that goes without saying).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not so much myself but my DP bought a large cabinet as a project to sand and stain for our dining room... 5 months later its still sitting in our carport!
    As for me... I put off folding washing and food shopping for as long as possible because I loathe doing it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put off sewing up my husband's work pants for about 3 weeks, he has 5 pairs and 3 needed mending!
    I've also been putting off painting the hallway, it's the only room left to do but I'm so over painting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My assignments

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Folding I have 3 basket that need folding plus a line full

Thanks
    Reviews
    the windows - in hope that DH will eventually agree to us getting a window cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buttons on my DDs school skorts. She has 3 and 2 now need mending but I would rather wash it than sew buttons on the others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pulling down DD2 cot,
    Reattaching a chair arm
    Mowing the lawn

Wait hear sound all suspiciously like lazybones DH's jobs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Guides badges are the bane of my existence. I'm terrible at sewing them on and have been known to put it off until the leader takes pity on DD and does it for her.
    I have a basket of washing to fold that I've been ignoring all day. I should clean something. I should change my sheets instead I just cuddle and play with my baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my horrific gardens need weeding so badly!