Closed Thread
Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all just thought I'd pop my head in too.

Kismet sorry to hear about your mum. Mine had a terrible fall recently on a street and is all bruised and battered. It's no fun getting old.

Well my baby is 1 in less than 2 weeks. I can't believe it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all

spot, see that ticker... Im a bit excited. Hope all is well.

Sonja, wow time has flown! Hope astrid has a great birthday.

kismet, job is ok, parts i like ie working with kids is actually FUN.. It probably shouldnt be but blowing bubbles and drawing and balloons as part of " therapy" is very awesome. Been moved around offices a bit which on the one hand works ie closer to home but its only for one day at the moment so makes it hard , boss is nice but disorganised ... Had a few moments of wishing i hadnt changed but more about the stress of learning something new and just not having time to learn it.. The field is quite " political" and many ppl want their two cents worth but im just ignoring that BS . Hope all is going well with the new man!

Dont know about anyone else but i always seem to get really sick every winter ever since i had kids??? Just had a two week bout of sinus and felt so unwell... Just off a three week chest infection / badcold before that... Honestly i take so much otc medication even im starting to get over it...

Amum, i bet your loving " winter" up north
    Last edited by jfblady72; 06-08-2014 at 22:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - we saw a child psychologist when Evie first started going to a private speechy, he looked a lot like Bozo the clown but surprisingly Evie liked him because he was fun and she loved our speechy because she got to play games and blow bubbles. I'm so proud of Evie, we said goodbye to our speechy this week, she doesn't need to go back anymore. I think Evie will be upset when she realises we won't be going back, she enjoyed it. I won't be so poor anymore, no more fees! Yeh, things are going well with new man

Sonja - wow, almost 1 already, happy birthday to Astrid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - forgot to mention, I never got sick before having a child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

JFB - I'm sick with the flu now, Kade brought it home from pre school, Jett has also had it and nope, I never got sick before I had the boys....small price to pay for being a mumma I guess.

Kismet - that's great news about Evie, you must be so proud.

I must say it has been a bit "cool" up here this past week but still not cold....which is fine by me.

I hope everyone is well, have a great day xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - Great news re Evie. She's obviously progressing in leaps and bounds, and the therapy will just be another 'baby story' you tell her when she is grown up. Really happy you are going well with your man too. It's going to be a wonderful Christmas for you this year!

JFB - I'm less sick now then I was pre Stella. I think it all comes down to the environments you are exposed to (and the risk of infection). Before I was in a busy big office environment and everyone got sick repeatedly from the 'corporate' breeding ground. Now I'm working part time in a very small office, so much less risk of illness and the other workers don't use public transport (so they have much less risk of flu/colds). Stella attends 2 playgroups of small size (about 5 other kids each) and no formalised childcare, so limited risk of infection. You work in a much bigger 'people' environment (with kids too), and your kids are exposed to lots of other kids, so your risk of getting sick is much higher. Add to that the fact that mums are overworked and under rested, and it's no wonder most mums get sick more often. Just my theory. Wishing you the best of health going forward.

Spot - How are you? Those weeks are ticking by, and I think of you often.

Amum - How is life in paradise? I soooo miss the sunshine. It's been cold, damp, and grey here for months! Then it heats up to 40-45 degrees and we fry. LOL!

AFM - I just wanted to let you know I'm PREGNANT! I've had 2 very poor grade embies (1 morula that didn't make it to blast by day 5, and 1 early blast that didn't make it to full blast) on ice since I was UTD with Stella (quietly did a 2nd stim cycle using the same donors in the hope of giving Stella a sibling 1 day but only got 2 poor grade embies). Had them transferred in June even though the clinic were very doubtful about them, and 1 has stuck!!! I still can't believe it. I'm 11 weeks now and have all day nausea and tiredness. Any tips for managing the nausea? So far I find snacking on salty carbs every few hrs helps (have tried ginger, Fruit tingles etc). Regardless, I feel incredibly lucky to be in this position at 46, as I didn't have a Plan B (no savings left) and many donor embie waiting lists have an age cutoff of 45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow Millie congratulations. It was clearly meant to be. So happy for you.

As for nausea sorry no tips here. I had shocking morning sickness with Astrid and never found a solution. I hope it passes for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Millie I was thrilled beyond words to hear your news! Gorgeous little Stella is to get a sibling! So, so delighted for you. Am sending lots of healthy growing vibes to your belly bean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - CONGRATULATIONS....but just quietly I knew....a little birdie told me a little while ago.....I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ❤❤
    As for M/S...I ate green apples and it helped, apparently that is a common thing to eat for it....I didn't know that.
    How exciting for you and Stella, another little miracle to add to your precious little family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milliegirl! Fantastic news!
    It was horribly sick in both pregnancies until about 16 weeks, then it slowly eased off. Nothing seemed to help - I hope yours eases off soon!!

I have just hit the 26 week mark, finding this baby tougher to carry than Indy. He was a breeze. This little girl is giving me a lot of pelvis and back pain ( probably age! ). I have some SRC shorts ordered and am hoping they help.
    i have a low lying placenta - maybe that adds to it?? Another ultrasound in 6 weeks to see how that's going.
    Indy turned 2 a few weeks ago and is a beautiful boy. Total treasure.
    Sick of work, so looking forward to finishing but not to the lack of money ...

hope everyone one is well - Melbourne is FREEZING.
    Last edited by fionaalice; 14-08-2014 at 21:31.