Closed Thread
Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi all

great to hear from you sonja, long time...i didnt reliase that Astrid was in a brace?...seems so many baby girls end up in one...i hope things cool down over there, it must be very uncomfortable for her. how is working 2 days a week going....? i find three days is my limit, i couldnt work any more days...im not looking forward to when the kids go to school and working full time again...i really want to avoid after school care if possible but i dont know how

amum: hope those dodgy in laws are staying away....

kismet: any more news about Evies assessment? i hope its all ok

PW i hope all is going well the twins..

afm: ..i have a new job i think working with children , lucky i got it through a friend and bypassed 'formal' interviews....its shame its actually further away than here BUT its govt and they have offices are that are closer so im hoping eventually i can get transferred once i have my foot in the door, i have to leave here im soooooooooooooo bored, i need a challenge and this job will definately be that ! E is still a terrible eater....she still wakes for a bottle several times a night most nights so in 2 weeks ive decided to reimplement the settling program....ive put it off for soooo soooo long but with her 2nd birthday approaching its gotten beyond ridiculous!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB - Congratulations on the new job! It sounds perfect (apart from the extra distance). Good luck cutting down the night feeds. Stella has been teething big time and has been waking up at least twice a night yelling. Soooo tired. I don't know how you do it that often.

Sonja - Stella was in a Rhino brace (plastic which has velcro straps). She was in it full time (24/7) for 5.5mths and then 14hrs a day for nearly 6 mths. Just got out last month but her hip is still dislocated and we are just watching it as it grows. She started walking at 14mths, and it doesn't seem to hold her back now. At least your daughter's was caught early, so the overall treatment plan should be shorter (general guideline is the age it is diagnosed times 2). Stella was diagnosed late at 6 mths old so had to be in the brace for nearly a year. We have another checkup in 10 mths. Good luck.

Kismet - Good luck with the online dating. 2 weeks ago I had a guy ask me out after I sold him a wine cabinet on Gumtree. He took it home, sent me a picture a week later with it all set up, and then after that asked me if I would like to have a drink with him one day. LOL. Nice guy but too inner-city 'metrosexual' for me in my current 'toddler mum' state. I just don't have the energy for dating that sort of guy right now. He knew about Stella, and when I explained the busy solo mum thing, said he was very flexible and asked if he could stay in touch. So all you need to do is sell something on Gumtree or Ebay. LOL You are braver than me.

Hi to everyone else. Super busy as I have just rebuilt my deck as it was SINKING and now signed someone on to build a carport (and am currently pulling down my old shed). Have to build the carport because my car was keyed badly last year and I just want it off the street. What's another $35k of debt hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - great to hear from you Sorry to hear Astrid is in a brace, hope it works well for her in the long run. Gosh I know how lucky we were with E just being in hers for 6 weeks. I ams still concerned about her hips as I can see one is higher when she stands, it's something I've always had too and I'm now suffering with hip issues, so we are off to a paed in May. A friend of mine has a little girl that had the brace on from day 1 and ended up having an operation at 4 months, so pretty lucky we've all avoided that. It is rather common in girls.

Millie - well funny you should ask, I only just met a guy for coffee today that seems really nice. Spoke to him on the phone the other day and got a good vibe. Other funny thing is he is half Irish and I mentioned E is half Irish too...no he's not her donor! how funny would that be. Anyway will see how it goes, I have a good feeling about him so far.

JFB - congrats on new job, hope it's what you're looking for. We saw the child psych today and he confirmed she's not on the spectrum (thank goodness) but has some 'mildly elevated' signs to do with her social interaction and communication, he wants to work with her on some of these issues, and he scored her general behaviour as average, if this was elevated than she would be diagnosed with ASD. So I'm pretty relieved and if he can help with the communication issues and her confidence then I think she'll be fine. We've had a rotten week with the storms, they've only bothered her sometimes before but not like this, the past week she's been a quivering mess and they've always occured at night when it's hard to calm her and explain what's happening. Was just getting her use to a night light that only gives off a little bit of light and I was about to try her without a light on at all but now she's regressed big time and everynight has been an ordeal to get her to sleep, we are both so tired. So I've discussed that with the psych to help with some stratergies. Toilet training is finally going well, just got to get the night training sorted now. Also speechy is happy with her progress too, she's ready for another assessment and I'm hoping she's caught up, she really has improved heaps in the last few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - The new guy sounds really promising. I've got my fingers for you. Let us know how it goes. The news on E sounds really positive too Except for the sleep interruption due to the storms. My youngest brother was the same sensitive soul and as a young child negative experiences would effect him for weeks. But he has grown out of it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    excellent news about E kismet..u must be really relieved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Millie - so nice to hear from you. It's sounds like you have a very busy life going on there with Miss Stella.

Kismet - great news about Evie and your coffee date. I agree, keep us updated on the progress of it all.

JFB - congrats on your new job. I'm really happy for you as I know how bored you were at the other one.

AFM - haven't seen the ahole as I had a big meltdown so DH and I have agreed that he won't come to the house. He will take the kids to him. I swear I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes, thank god he is a wonderful hubby.
    We are now on the countdown for Fiji, 6 weeks and we are there.....cannot wait

Hello to everyone, oops nearly forgot, hello Sonja, so nice to hear from you, your life sounds very very busy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - FIJI awesome! let us know how it is with the kids, I've heard it's great with child minding, I'm just not sure if I'm able to trust anyone I don't know to be honest so would love some feed back if you use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - Jett has already said he doesn't want to go to the kids club so I don't think we will be using it, but you never know. We have friends that go every year, they have 4 girls and they love it. I too have also heard great things about the kids club...

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADE..i know ive said it on FB but this is where it all began

i cant beleive it was 4 years today that i announced his arrival...another much wanted and waited for gorgeous bubba!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JFB. Yes it all started here. He has been here for 4 years and it took us 4 years to get him. Those days are all a blur now. How I didn't go mad in all of those IVF years is beyond me lol
    Thank god I'm stubborn and didn't give up.

Hello to everyone, hope you are all well 😊