Closed Thread
Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone! Yes it's very quiet, hope everyone has started the new year off well.

AMUM - always wondered if evening primrose worked, I'm a cranky *** quite a lot due to my hormones and AF being all over the place, omg the past week I don't know how no one has stabbed me.

JFB have you considered having a test more manopause, is there such a thing, I imagine there would be.. My work days have changed to Wed, Thursday, Fri and I'm loving having the 4 days off in a row, I hated having to work a Monday then 2 days off and 2 days on, kind of felt restricted to me, Now I'm thinking of doing some little weekend getaways because I've got longer off and I won't need to take Annual leave unless I want longer time off.

PW how are you feeling, hope everything is progressing well, and that you are checking in with us.

Has to be a quick one tonight just realised it's nearly midnight, child minding tomorrow, lack of sleep will kill me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: LOL at your post re being stabbed! yes i should go and get checked out..i dont know what the current go is with HRT vs doing nothing....etc...i guess they do a BT, maybe a scan (oh no more dildo cams LOL)...i dont feel mentally unbalanced or hormonal etc but these late / skipped cycles have been baffled as ive always like clockwork...anyway ive put it off cos i got jaded with my GP clinic after my chronic sore throat issue and every time i went they would be like oh well next time next next time if it doesnt better will do this and that and that day never came so im like over thier inaction....lame excuse but true.
    anyway glad u are liking the 4 days straight...i was finding by the third day of me soley looking after the kids come sunday i was itching for some me time so the break is making that better.......

anyway back to the grind...ho hum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Hope you and your bubbas are all well. Just popped in to say hi and to tell u that I had Picky over for morning tea this week and she looks AMAZING...she has a gorgeous preggy belly now and is 18 weeks already. She is glowing 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx for the update amum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals,
    Haha Amum you're too kind!

I had my 20 week scan on Monday. Didn't find out the twins' genders yet but I got it written down in a sealed envelope, so I will open it later when it feels like time to know. Right now I just don't mind!

The bubs looked great in the scan, it's very squishy in there and they kept photo-bombing each other, which made it hard for the sonographer.

Bad news is that my cervix has started shortening, I've lost 11mm since the last scan, which puts me at risk for preterm labour. She said if it stays at the length it is, I could make it to 30 weeks :/ I'm seeing the high risk OB next week so will push for more frequent scans to monitor it, until then I can only stay off my feet as treatments like cerclage aren't helpful for twin pregnancies. Will keep hoping and praying that it stays as it is for at least 14 more weeks.

Hope you girls and the kidlets are all doing well, the thread seems to have gone very quiet!

Love
    PW xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update PW. Take it easy. You must be so worried. Love that the twinnies were photo bombing. They are already competing got attention.
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    great to hear from you PW ....I hope everything goes ok...its so hard to get pg but then the worry never ends after that sadly......I will be keeping my fingers crossed that those bubs stay put!! yep is quiet in here these days I guess the majority of us have finished ivf either voluntarily or not ....we are now the 40+ pg buddies really!!!! please keep us posted...xxxx

.....anyway im surrounded by pg ppl now,,,SIL is due in June and my friend just found out her second ivf shot worked for baby#2...she's been pretty lucky with ivf,she even got 2 frozen blasty's at almost 40 !!! so yep im a bit envious...

anyway I did go the docs and ask for a BT...seriously...she is testing me for pcos....!!!! WTF..I told her my ivf history....i told her my amh was 4 in 2009......I think we can safely assume i do not have pcos!!!! .......

hope everyone is going well and alitte if are still on the bandwagon I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PW - great to hear from you. I did the envelope thing but only lasted a few hrs, I opened it in front of my parents, I wanted them to know when I found out considering I don't have a partner then kept it secret for another week so my mummy could announce it at her 70th celebrations, which was nice. I couldn't have lasted much longer I can't keep secrets well. Sorry to hear that stress isn't exactly over for you yet. My friend had twins via ivf and is only tiny herself and she was put in hospy straight after her 20 week scan because they found her cervix was only 1cm she had complete bed rest to get her to 34 weeks, it was a little tough but worth it because they sent her home when she reached the stage safe enough for them to be delivered & they weren't concerned if she went into labour, she lasted 2 hrs at home and her waters broke, the babies didn't need to be in ICU only special care for a month, they've just turned 1 and all is well. Rest well and stay off your feet as much as possible, hopefully everytHing will be all well for you.

JFB - sometimes you wonder how some docs get their degree!

Soooo quiet in here. I have been rather busy to check in much. Evie is in weekly speech therapy which is now going well since we switched to a private facility and she likes the therapist so cooperates much better, we are currently in the process of finding out if there is an underlying reason behind her delay and some of her behaviour issues. She has shown some markers for mild autism all this time which have concerned me and our GP so we've been on a waiting list to see a paed and finally get into them in May however they want an assessment with a child psychologist which we begin to see one this week, they are associated with the speech facility so will be able to work together. Sooo it's been chaotic and a little stressful lately. I'm trying not to get too worked up about the autism speculation as the speechy indicated sometimes there is a fine line between an autism spectrum disorder and delayed development such as a learning disorder and unfortunately some kids are misdiagnosed with ASD. Also Evie seems to be going very well since seeing the new therapist which has eased some of my concerns but still need to ascertain whether there are real issues especially her anxiety and sensory issues. We also begin an early intervention program soon which is a playgroup based session run by speech therapist and child psychologist looking at social interactions and learning which will be interesting. All my spare time through the week is being taken up with this, we're not home much, this weekend I have refused to go anywhere or do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid autocorrect typed in 'my mummy', it's a bit odd to call my mum mummy these days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi kismet

i hope everything goes well with Evies assessment..must be stressful for you thinking she may have some mild autism signs...i hope she doesnt xxx. it sounds like things with the speech therapy are going well which is a good sign. let us know how she goes and good luck.

yep...pcos..as IF ..lol....well its not menopause but for some reason im not ovulating regularly... fsh was only 4..she thinks maybe due to weight loss last year but TBH i lost only 8 kgs in about 3 months...big whoop?? so not that it matters... she said i should be happy to miss AF sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone else is doing well.