Closed Thread
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

Kismet - Go little Miss E.....

Jfb - Packing is going along well...i've done most of the house....just wish i could put DH in a box and open it when we get there.....HE IS DRIVING ME NUTS......working from home...OMG someone shoot me now........
    This time in 2 weeks we will be having brekky in our new house.....
    I've just booked Kade into Playgroup in Kingscliff...the lady said oh we are easy to find...we are just across the road from the beach now THAT..i can handle.......

Alittle - how are you feeling???

Nessie - How are you ????

Kel - Looks like your little business has turned into a BIG business on FB....so happy for you

Hi to Sonja, Moog and anyone else i have missed - sorry......hope you all have a great day...I'm off to pack some more boxes....and find one big enough to put DH in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amum. Sounds like things are go go go for you ATM!

I'm sitting in the car with 2 sleeping bubbas in Melbourne. We are here for the Grand Prix and for DH and I to have some yummy dinners out!

Sorry kel I have not contacted you, love the sun and backflip. Time got away and then I thought it was too late to organise a catch up. Maybe if the stars align??
    I'm waiting for DH to come back with a coffee. Typically our apartment won't be ready until 2pm. Thank god both kids have crashed in the car and not flipped out from over tiredness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    MG hope you have a lovely weekend. God I just loathed the grand prix when we lived in Melbourne. We lived on the other side of the city and the constant buzzing sound from the cars used to drive me to distraction. We used to make a point of trying to get out of Melbourne that weekend. Funny the things I'd forgotten completely about.

Nothing much to report here. Marc had his first session with the speech therapist y'day and it went so well. He was so good for her and engaged beautifully. Our main problem (as we had thought) was Lucy and more so Scarlett do all the talking for him. He doesn't need to articulate what he wants in words as he gets his own way all the time either because the girls give in to him or they interpret for us. She's pretty confident by doing a few things with him one on one and getting the girls to understand that he's not their toy he'll be sorted in no time.

I also got my super expensive blood test results back yesterday and all is good there. My new risk for downs is 1:40000000 or something like that so no more testing there thankfully.

Apart from that we're still house hunting and car hunting but not doing much else. Amum I dread having to move TBH - the thought of packing again, but now with 3 kids and 2 puppies and me pregnant, UGH. Even if we got packers in it's still a huge job. We're looking at a house on SAturday which might be suitable.

Over 16 weeks now. Yes Lochie I have definitely popped! I feel huge but am told it's all belly so that's good I guess. I just feel so insanely busy with work, the kids, the school commitments and everything else. I've been a bit short tempered lately which I need to improve on

At least the weather here is finally cooling so that isn't adding to my bad mood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sonja. We come every GP season, but I DO get how annoying events like this (ie car racing) can be. We live close to the clipsal 500 track and every year, the noise and road closures. Our govt is grrrrreaaat too. Road closures, the main roads which are open usually have gas works or road works going on. One council decided to do tree trimming on a main road during clipsal time. Not so bad except every main road which is open into town is reduced to 25 km limit. Argh! While I'm venting, then we have the fringe, WOMAD, Adelaide Festival, and clipsal ALL in March. Then nothing for the rest of the year. It's crazy. I just don't get it.

I am often short tempered lately and I have tremendous guilt over it. Spencer is more and more difficult to control. He ignores us or worse laughs at us until we lose our tempers and shout or speak really loudly at him. He now shouts back at us and has really made me realise what we do doesn't work. I tried time out today with him, which seemed to work. DH and I will need to work out our strategy and utilise time out more, and as I said to DH we need to not be showing our annoyance/temper. Losing it would make him feel powerful and tempt him to defy us more IYKWIM. Yay. Fun times ahead.

Anyone know if the whole myth of testosterone doubling at 4 is true or just myth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doubles....u mean they get worse .
    ok well speaking of short tempered im terrible..its not necessarily directed at the kids but i LOSE it so bad at times if i cant find stuff...or if i cant get something done RIGHT now....ive broken a LOT of stuff in this house .....to the point ive started lying about it cos im too embarrassed to admit it. The kids sometimes witness these meltdowns im afraid....i need to sort it out as i dont want them to learn this behaviour...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG in "how to raise boys" they talk about the testosterone surge at 3 which fades by the time they are 5 .... So light at the end of the tunnel somewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The shouting is terrible here some days. Lucy has started really losing it with Scarlett and I've no one to blame but myself. I try so hard but just getting out the door most days is such a battle with the 3 of them, I usually wind up shouting at Lucy or Scarlett. It's awful. JFB definitely do something before they get old and remember it. You've still got time on your side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - gosh you're not far off half way already, it's always a bit shocking to me how time flies these days. Great news on your test

Amum - hope you found a box for DH , the place you're moving too sounds awesome, can I come too?

Moon - Evie is back chatting and yelling a lot lately, sometimes I have no idea what she is saying because it is a rant and not very audible but the tone is definately there, it's probably copying me so I have to stop raising my voice at her but it's difficult sometimes, she doesn't get she's in trouble if I don't , time out for naughty behaviour is confusing her bcs she asks if she has to sit there for just about everything. Ignoring her means she just keeps it up to the point I get cross with her, giving in to her encourages the behaviour for more attention....what else do you do???. My temper has been a bit short lately too, pms is such a biyatch, problem with that is I usually have it for about 2 weeks before AF shows up. But in saying that, I believe we on here are coping extremely well compared to another forum I've been chatting on, I can't believe some of the things I read on there in regards to discipline, some of it extreme in my opinion.

JFB - how's E going with sleeping at night?

Have been applying for jobs left right and centre, just wish I'd at least get some feedback if not a job, pretty frustrating, but according to the agencies I've spoken to it's pretty rough going at the moment especially for part time work. What's made it hard to look for enough work is getting daycare sorted for Evie. I had to give up the spot I found at the new centre because being on some centrelink benefits at the moment my fees are reduced so that I can afford to pay for a max. of 2 days and there's no way I could afford an extra full fee until I get a job, therefore it's hard to say when I'm applying for a job that I can only guarantee to work 2 days, most part time jobs that I've seen are for at least 3 days or a spread of hours over a full week. On the other hand I'm looking at courses again, I've just found out with being on benefits the courses I want to do are mostly subsidised and wouldn't cost me much at all...wish I had known that a year ago as the cost was daunting and put me off..would have completed them by now so I'm a little p!$$ed off with the lack of information I've received..it's a pity centrelink don't often advise important information unless you ask for it, I've approached them before about training, job hunting & returning to work and I was told bugger all, I would think they would try and give you as much incentive to get back to work as they could by offering the right information as they do have a great system available if you know about it. I really hate being on benefits and the quicker I get off it the better, there is a stigma attached to it and I've noticed how you get tarred with the same brush so to speak despite having worked all my adult life until now and you do sometimes get treated differently, like a lessor class citizen. I hate being 'categorised' with people that give being dependant on the govt a bad name if you know what I mean. It has really opened up my eyes that there is still alot of 'us and them' attitudes with people, I can sort of understand how people get into a rut and think they are a no hoper because they are treated like one and give up on bettering themselves when there are so many 'roadblocks'. Oh and don't get me started on the 'oh you're just a mum' comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I've been guilty of that too sometimes, i've been known to hurl things around a bit, usually when I'm frustrated if I can't find something etc. I don't believe I've done it in front of Evie but she is getting into a habit of throwing things when she's having a hissy fit & smacks herself in the face, she must have inherited that trait from me. When I was a teenager I use to throw my brush and hairdryer if my hair didn't go the way I wanted it to and tug my hair wanting to pull it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, yes getting out of the house is sometimes just such a painful exercise...my god the time it takes is just ott ....just one stupid little thing after the other , arghhhhh i hate it and am often gobsmacked when i look st the clock and see that its like 2 hoyrs since i woke up etc...Yes im trying to tell myself when i feel the frustration rising that this doesnt matter, u dont need to lose it....etc...its all about attitude really....i just got sick of myself with the breakages and often felt emotionally drained after a meltdown..its usually iver the most stupid minor things.

Kismet, sounds hard...but i guess when i think about it i never really see many 2 day a week jobs advertised...sucks really. I was on the dole when i finished the hsc for one whole long humiliating year before i went ( forced ) to uni ....total 1991 recession..it was terrible, i hated it..definitely a stigma. Hope it works out. What course were u thinking about?