Closed Thread
Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm no expert JFB as A went to sleep school early and has been a great slleeper ever since, but it does souns like you need to take the hard line with her if ot's bothering you. Twice a night is tough to be going through still. Does she have some soert of pacifier instead of the bottle? A still has a scratch sleve she likes to have for sleep tme. I'm starting to try and remove it as she has her special teddies on her bed as well. A for doing it over Christmas, maybe make it a new years resolution - it might be a spirit killer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB - Every baby is different and there is no one right way (as you know), but from my experience with Stella, I know a lot of it can become habitual, so I don't pick her up out of the cot before midnight if she wakes up (unless it is obvious she is teething or sick etc), and she self settles well after 10mins or so. During the night she mostly sleeps until 5-6am now, and if she wakes at 5am I give her a drink (still BF) and put her back for another snooze before our proper wake-up anytime after 6.30am. She gets better at sleeping through every day (15mths old now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks....she has been better the past few nights ie only waking once for a bottle. i guess my concern stems from the fact that she is using it as a sleep prop to resettle therefore until it goes she wont do it by herself...and of course that she is not a good eater..she asks for a bottle during the day, eg before tea time etc and gets cranky if she cant have one...ie bottle addict! but yes....its stressful for the entire house trying to get her to give it up..if i knew it was only going to last a few nights fair enuf but i'd hate to start it then quit 3 nights in cos its too hard ......mmmm. not sure yet! she has never had a dummy, both my kids hated them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. I was having this trouble when H was 12 months. This is what I was told to do and it worked. Don't give a bottle under any circumstances. And don't pick her up. Go in and settle with patting or the words, Go to sleep. Then turn away from the cot and keep saying go to sleep. If she stands up calmly place her down and repeat. I know it sounds simple but in the middle of the night it can be tough. First night H cried for 45 mins. Second night 10 minutes and third night he slept through. Occasionally he would wake during the night and even though it didn't happen much anymore it was important to do the same thing. He is now the best sleeper and I wish I had implemented these things with Ruby as she is a shocker to get to bed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I've been a bit slack and didn't realise I had not caught up in a while, rather busy lately.

JFB - will she have water? thats how i got rid of the night bottles, i watered the milk down until she was just getting water then she didnt want it. Evie had a dummy which made it easier to get rid of the night bottles, she didn't like it initially but That was in the early days. I had trouble getting rid of her bedtime bottle, we've only got rid of it when she had the gastro a month ago, took about 3 nights to stop asking for it, i told her it was making her sick, but she's at an age to understand when I tell her she can't have it, but before the gastro it was meltdown city she was so attached to it. She has stopped drinking milk altogether which I'm not thrilled about but she won't drink it from anything else, never accepted it unless it was in her bot bot. When I've had issues with her waking I use to tell her to go back to sleep and pat her for a bit or stroke her forehead, she loved that, but if I do that now she has an absolute meltdown, she knows what I'm trying to do. I don't usually have a lot of sleep probs with her but this past week she's woken up in the middle of the night screaming and wanted to sleep with me, I've caved because I wanted sleep, last night she woke at 1.15 and I had to work today, was still awake at 2.30 even after putting her in with me. I hate doing it but when I've got to work I have to. I took her to the carols on Sunday night and the fireworks spooked her, she seemed ok at the time just a bit like a deer in the headlights but when she's woken up she talks about scary crackers.

Alittle - not sure how I would cope working full time, I find 3 days a week exhausting, far too tired.

Well I think we have finally got TT worked out. Evie did her 1st big poo on the loo tonight. It started about a week ago, she has been asking for a Mr Men book, she loves them, so I told her Santa might bring her one if she does a poo on the loo, she harped about it for days so is told her if she did her poo I'd get her the book instead, she managed a little nugget and thought that was enough to make me happy, so I promised the book I had already got it for her and sure enough once she had that book in her hand she took off and finished her poo hiding in the corner, the little bugger. But tonight we had progress, I never thought I'd be so happy about a poo in the loo, but FFS its taken all year trying to get her to do it. She's not in nappies of a day anymore, woohoo. Now to get rid of night nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I agree with Kel. I did the exact same thing with Kade, don't give her a bottle, don't pick her up, lay her back down and say time to go to sleep and leave her room. It only took Kade about 3 nights to work out I wasn't coming in to feed him and he has been great ever since.
    YOU NEED TO BE STRONG and don't give in to her......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet thank goodness. You must be relieved! With Ruby TT at night we have a simple rule. If you do a wee before bed you can wear undies to bed. If you don't you have to wear a pull up. This was after 4 nights in a row of wetting the bed!!!! Since then she has been fine and most of the time will go before bed as she doesn't want to wear a pull up.

Amum. Yes they say 3 nights is usually the trick. 3 nights pain for years of decent sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Evie on the poo & loo! I almost poo'ed myself haha when h did his first poo in the loo during tt i was chuffed plus its like a mental barrier they have to get over. I haventt done night tt with h, he wears a training nappy / pant at night some days is dry other days maybe he has done a wee but he is getting close i think.

Thanks for the tips re e and sleep.... I agree withe strictness, she needs it, she has an iron will and the mistake we made before was getting her up and sometimes putting her in with us etc....im soooooo tired all the time and i think the ongoing dud sleep has played a big part in illness/ virus i just cant get rid off.... Ok well friday night i might start it and PRAY it works... I think my soul will be shattered if it fails!

Ive been seeing a lot of bfp number plates so i hope it means someone here is pg soon ... . My friend ended up with 16 eggs only one 5 dayer that didnt work ... We think she was overstimulated hence didnt get good quality. I could see her go thru all those mind games ami / arent i ... Superstitions etc....bought ut all back sort if but u do kinda forget about that stuff . Good luck girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls,
    Just dropping in to wish you and your families a very merry Christmas.

I don't use Facebook at all any more, don't even have an account, so feel like I haven't seen you ladies all year (well, except my neighbour and occasional coffee buddy, Amum )

I'm happy to report that Santa came early this year for me. I have been active on the Egg Donation Australia forum since late last year, it's an amazing site with so many gorgeous altruistic donors, and through that group I made friends with a lovely local couple who had a batch of six leftover blasties to donate, created from 30 year old donor eggs (donated to them by one of the ladies on the forum) and US identity release donor sperm. It's taken most of the year to get it organised but I had a double transfer in early October and it was a BFP. I'm now 13w4d pregnant with twin babies and I couldn't be happier! The first trimester was very rocky, with lots of fresh red bleeds and severe all-day sickness, but I am emerging from it now and it's finally starting to sink in that the babies are real. Had my NT scan on Monday and the bubs both looked perfect, very cute and active!

The best part for me is that my bubs will know their egg and embryo donors, I have a fond relationship with them, which means more love and more answers in the future regarding their genetic origins. I thank God every day for EDA!

Amum, you did a great job of keeping quiet, I know you have been itching to tell somebody

May all your Chrissie wishes come true, friends. Hug and kiss your darling little ones from Aunty Picky.

PW xoxo
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picky!!!
    Oh my god I could not be happier for you! That has just made my Christmas. Darling you have been so patient and so supportive to us all. You are nos going to have your own little bubs. Congratulations darling. Please pop in a keep is updated.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by blondekelli; 22-12-2013 at 14:29.