Closed Thread
Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Amum my SIL brother killed himself a few months back. He left a wife and three kids. Needless to say everyone was completely devastated but amazingly they are getting on with their lives. I know how horrific an unexpected death can be but hope you all can take some hope from that xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, happy belated birthday......41 is not old!... I had my first baby at 41. Hope you're fairing ok after your scary car accident and that you've got some alternative transport.... and a holiday booked

Amum, what a tragedy, only 37... so sad for everyone, especially his girls.

Question - curious to now how you go about washing your little ones hair? A is not terribly fond of getting her face/eyes wet, so just curious to hear your techniques?

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - Firstly for the horrible car accident. What a shocker of a day. Secondly Belated happy birthday for turning 41. That's young. I had Stella at 44 . The feisty 40's have been the best years for me so far. Even health wise

BK - Go for it! Bubba's are a blessing and I'm trying for a second (have 2 embie frosties) next year at 45. Picture me with a walking frame in one hand and a pram in the other

Amum - I was really sorry to read about your ex BIL. What a massive loss for the family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    alitle, both my kids hate getting thier hair washed. E screams and cries every time....i just do it as quick as possible with one of the shower head plastic attachment things when they have a bath...you can buy these plastic things that go around the head to stop water getting on thier face etc....so "as quick as possible" is my answer....my kids dont get thier hair washed that often as a result...Harry would go for a couple of weeks when he had grommets too cos no water could get in his ears at all so i didnt bother...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Thank you for your kind wishes for my family. The funeral is Friday, then it is my nieces B'Day on Saturday - no rhyme or reason in this world sometimes. Anyway we are all going to make her b'day fun for her and hope she has a lovely day.

Alittle - I agree with JFB, do it as fast as possible 😄

Hope you are all having a great day..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, forgot to say Alittle, Stella HATES having water poured over her head no matter how careful I am. So I just do it really quickly, have a facewasher handy to wipe her face dry quickly, and then joke with her to help her move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm glad I'm not alone with the hair washing challenge. Sounds like it's a universal problem. Great minds think alike JFB - I use the same Shower hose attached to the bath tap for A's hair and she just holds a rolled up dry flannel over her eyes. We tried wearing goggles, but they kept sliding off with the conditioner LOL.

Millie, best of luck with your frosties

Everyone got their christmas trees up yet? I feel so slack - I still haven't got around to it. . A's Christmas shopping done ages ago, but that's it.

I have a dilemma at the moment with work and have spent ages trying to work out if it's going to be worthwhile. Interested to hear what you think as my old boss will be calling on Monday to discuss. He contacted me last month saying he has a new job now based in Australia and wants me to come work for him - stating "you know I'm flexible" which he always was and great to work for. He knows I now have A and would only work part time so wonder if I'm crazy to contemplate working with him 2 days in the office Mon & Fri (A in long day care 2 days - which she hates), then Wed from hime with nanny and Tue & Thu keep my family day care going with current families..... as well as maybe continuing IVF. Crazy? Fear if I let the opportunity go i won't get another with such a great boss and will lose my skills, but also fear it will be too much and A will suffer and so will I with too much on my plate.... which may also jeopardise a sibling for A... but also tired of putting life on hold for IVF but my time is fast running out in that respect too. Conundrum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle, i knocked back a job just as i was starting ivf.... Now i sorta regret it cos it was so much closer to home so would have been ideal. I personally dont think stress itself impacts ivf outcome but thats my opinion!!! I guess the main concern is A and having her in 3 different care arrangements... Pesonally i would do all nanny or all daycare for the three days.... Maybe a new daycare?
    It's hard there are so many variables to consider once u have a child....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JB - Nanny would be from home with me and one other of my Family Day Care kids, so she would still be at home and have her favourite playmate. I would share Nanny cost with parent; so 2 days in Long Day Care and the rest at home with me. It means I'd be working 5 days a week. Not sure I'm ready for 5 days a week, but then again I may love it. I just don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If u would work five days would u get a cleaner.... I hope so! Ok well i guess it sounds ok to me re the care arrangement... How long ago was she in the daycare she didnt like? Are there other ones around? How long was she in daycare before u took her out? ...... I wonder if u could try it and just see how it goes... If it doesnt work then are u able to just quit the job ?

On another note: Sleeping front here with E is still not so good... She wakes one usually 2 times a night asking for " bot bot" ( bottle) .... Then sometimes she wont go back to sleep so we put her in our bed, sometimes she will sleep happily in there other times not and i don't sleep well with her in there anyway....Harry was well and truly sleeping thru the night by her age.... Part of me thinks she is just a crap sleeper but i cant really judge given she still needs a sleep prop....my friend says just accept she isnt a good sleeper as her son is ds age and still wakes at night a fair bit but thats from night terrors etc.. But i cant accept this is as good as her sleep gets!!!! Esp given the night bottles... Been putting off removing the midnight bottles etc as last time she was still screaming for them a month later.... Dh has 2 weeks off over xmas so im thinking doing a strict by the number settling program with her again....but worried it will kill the xmas spirit bigtime!! Decisions......