Closed Thread
Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB. I have ordered some DHEA from the states, but hubby wants me to just ring FS and get a proper script for it. I think DHEA was it for us too. I had my AMH done about a year ago when I was thinking tubal reversal and it was below 1. So crap. That would explain low egg numbers. But it would hVe been about that when H was born so I'm not a big fan of AMH numbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    weve seen a lot of ppl on here have babies with amh < 1....you would have to think there is definately still hope given you only had H not long ago and a natural conception at that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BK, I don't think you're crazy trying for another, but maybe i'm not a good one to ask.... If I could, I would have another 3, but that just ain't gonna happen. I say go for it. I have never once had either of my Obstetricians say it was a bad thing or to stop trying, or that I was too old (and I'm older than you ) That's enough to make me feel at ease. There will never be the perfect parent or perfect timing. As long as your little ones are truly loved and you have the time for them, then the rest will find a way. I had my best cycle at 43 as far as quality embryos go. I truly believe the DHEA had made it's impact for that cycle too, along with the low dose drugs helping. Good luck with whatever you choose.

kismet, sorry you've had such a tough run with Evie. Hope things are settling a little for you.

JFB, funny that you were so wildly jealous of all those women with great egg numbers.... as you ended up falling pregnant - twice! My girlfriend 5 years younger than me only had 4 eggs, 2 embryos and got twins first cycle and another only got one embryo from a low egg collection and fell pregnant first go. We got 15 eggs just before my 41st birthday and only one embryo. It really is so true that the numbers don't mean a damn thing - still hard not to let it affect you though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: how are you going? i had such a horrendous introduction to ivf....it has scarred me for life ...first cycle was cancelled, next cycle cancelled...third one got one egg no fert..doc told me to give up ..i was on another smaller forum and EVERY SINGLE CHICK just about was getting 15 eggs and BFP's first go with 8 to freeze...ive never recovered . until i found BH and so many in similar boats....it was a soul saver! i too credit DHEA with giving me both my kids....without dhea i maybeeeeeee have been lucky to get one ....but i doubt i would have gotten two...very very lucky indeed.

sonja: how are u going with the forur kids these days?

kismet: how is work going? i had to take unpaid sick leave last wednesday for conjunctivitis and im sitting here at work today with a killer sore throat and laryngitis ffs....but i refuse to take another day without pay in the same pay period...im soooo over having NO friggin sick leave...im sick CONSTANTLY..honestly working mums with kids in daycare need 3 weeks sick leave a year minimum!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Alittle. How are you going honey?

JFB yes I certainly remember those days. My start was so similar. No eggs, no fert. I had so many terrible cycles. Easy to forget that now.

I remember that FS that told you to give up too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK - what the hell, go for it I say I'm always saying to myself 'if only' because I'm sure as anything I would have conceived naturally after having Evie 'if only' I had a partner as my cycles improved or 'if only' I had the money to go again with ivf but my reality sucks that I don't have either. I would so dearly love another one, whether I have the energy or not.

JFB - work is ok, have to admit they are pretty fare. They didn't bat an eyelid that I had 2 days off with Evie being sick plus only came in 1/2 a day when she wasn't well enough to go back to daycare and I left her with my parents, they understood I was freaking out about that and let me do what I had to and go home and I got paid for all the time off.

Just a quicky as it's late and I have done zilch to prep for work and daycare tomorrow. I thought Evie was over all the poo problems but last weekend had to take her to hosy to have a suppository to help her poo, she was in such distress and so blocked up, poor poppet was a mess and so was I. She's still not quite herself, gone back the other way now from that and all the parachoc etc she's had . I tell you I am really sick of the sight of $hit!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet H was terribly constipated as a baby and I gave him prune juice every day. I would put it in his milk or in his vita Brits in tbd morning. I know Evie is older but it may be a good non laxative way to keep her more regular so it doesn't get to that point again if she is that way inclined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, i hope evie is better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm doing fine. Life has been pretty full with work and all the different activities we've been doing with A. She's such a switched on little cookie, I've decided to pop her into 3yo kinder next year. I still look at her and am amazed that she's ours and just want to hug her, kiss and cuddle her like crazy.

JFB, Your old FS sounds like a nasty piece of work. Thank god we don't listen to them half the time and keep fighting on. We had 3 failed IUI's and then the 3 IVFs before Amberly. My close friends both had success on their first cycles; it hurts to see others get there so easily - much as you're happy for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Hope you are all well.

Are you all organised for Xmas?
    My boys are done, just need to buy about 3 more presents and I'm totally done. It's been so lovely and relaxing doing it this year as I'm not working, making the most of it I am 😊

It's quiet in here these days, everyone must be busy....