Closed Thread
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yes sonja....i can only imagine....lucky u are in WA...quick trip to margaret river for some wine perhaps LOL!! sounds very testing to say the least! i do hear you about the baby phase ...i am glad its over, BFing is hard hard work...lengthy and never ending....im really enjoying harrys age at the moment , lots of fun and overall fairly easy compared to younger years...i feel sad that soon he will be older and mum wont be cool to hang out with aka "i want to go to the movies with you mummy"....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

JFB - The "girls" are great, I'm very happy with the size and shape, I'll have to put some sort of sneaky pic on FB without drawing attention to them lol.
    I spoke to the girls at my surgeons the other day and I am definitely getting Botox and filler, probably after Xmas, they have all had it and they look great.

Sonja - Your household sounds very very very very busy. Glad to hear baby A is doing really well.

Hello to every, hope you are all well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - yeh it's pretty much the same here except I have no help with the rush in the a.m. & the evening, getting home by 5-5.30 to prep dinner, then bath E and get her to bed by 8, but at least it's just me and Evie to deal with. The hardest thing is when E doesn't co-operate in the mornings hence my fb rant. It's not her fault I have to work and get her up when she's not ready, she doesn't understand and when she carries on I get cross with her which makes me feel bad.
    My friend's BIL is an eye surgeon and gets free botox off him, I'm hoping he will want another guinea pig. Definately might have to see him in future about my eyelids though, my eyes are getting very hooded.

Can't help but worry about Evie's final assessment with the speechy, it's much worse than I imagined. It turns out Evie "presents with severe receptive language delay and a mild expressive language delay" so her ability to undertand and respond to spoken language is very poor. She does have a good vocabulary and pronounciation is good however her comprehension is severely delayed. It does explain quite a bit why I've had some issues with her regarding the length of time it's taking to toilet train her and a few other things like the swimming lessons ending up in complete meltdowns and with her going backwards in some areas when she's anxious, she just doesn't understand. So this makes me really concerned about what her ability to learn in school will be like. I know she's only 3 but she needs early intervention and has to be referred to some programs. She only has 4 more sessions with the speechy in the public system and will have to be re-referred which means back on a waiting list, goodness knows how long it will take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - I think the positive is that you are getting her all the help she needs early and not finding out later, she will amaze you at how quickly she will come along. She is a beautiful little girl who has an amazing mum xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

Kismet  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: ...its never nice to hear these things but yes she is getting early intervention which is the most important thing...and a mum who is totally on the ball. good luck with it all. let us know how she gets on. she will get there!

H spewed again last in bed not long after he went down..must have virus maybe??

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

dont know if anyone is still reading in here!!!

amum: hope the girls are ok!
    alittle: how are u travelling?

i have a Q: H was a great sleeper after an initial dud start (bottle as a prop once we got rid of it he would sleep thru the night since about 12 months without fail most nights and has done pretty much since)...E is DREADFUL...we tried the sleep and settle program (basically controlled comforting) that we did with H and yet after one month + (of no bottle) she still was hardly sleeping thru and when she did wake sometimes the crying and screaming would go on for over an hour still...so me and DH gave up and started giving her a bottle again just to get to sleep...however she is an appalling solids eater which wouldnt bother me but i feel its partly cos of bottle drinking at night..so i guess im asking if
    a) did it take anyone a long time of sticking to a program for it to work ? like how long?
    b) should i 'expect' her to sleep thru at 18 months? i mean to do expect it i guess...
    c) any tips? programs etc

im REALLY sick of the broken sleep yesterday i was so over her i just wanted to get out of the house to get away from her ....worse lately cos she has a cold and wanting to "play" now for HOURS at night....is this a 18 months old "thing" cos i cant recall it? is it separation anxiety? me and Dh are thinking we will end up having to do CIO (which i cant do anyway cos i always have to go back in after 10 minutes max) ...???????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

JFB - yep I'm still here 😊
    The girls are great lol, very happy with size shape etc, tomorrow is a month since they were done and they are settling nicely.
    I had to ring Tricillian (?) about Kade and his waking, he used to wake about 5 times a night, don't think he was much older than E. I think it took me a week to get him into the whole settle himself routine, I would go to him if he was really upset, give him a cuddle and a sip of water but never got him out of his cot then said "time to go to sleep" and leave the room. I repeated it over and over. E is old enough now to go without a bottle and should be able to re settle herself. Anyway that's what they told me to do and it worked, you could always ring them and get advice over the phone. I think the trick is to out smart them and stay strong, just remember, crying can't hurt her......good luck 😴

Hello to everyone, hope you are all well

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I'm still here, it's been quiet though. I didn't have this issue with Evie only if she was sick, I knew if she woke up something was wrong. I have more issues now than I did when she was younger ie hates going to sleep with the light off and I can't say 'good night' to her without her losing it, there's a long story behind it. One night recently she woke when I went into turn off her night light and cover her up, she lost the plot so much I couldn't get her back to sleep without putting her in bed with me which I did because I had to work the next day. One of the issues I'm having with Evie is I think she has anxiety and I'm seeing a GP next week about it after the recommendations from her speechy. She's been pretty sick this week and had a day off to keep her home today, high temp 38.7 and totally miserable, just been to docs and she has an ear infection, hasn't had one for ages. My nieces' 2 yr old daughter still wakes up sometimes thru the night for no apparent reason, not sure if she is still having a bottle, I don't think so, she's always been a terrible sleeper and she tried the sleep and settle program (Natalie Ebrill) with her too, works sometimes but not always. I'd definately try and get rid of the bottle, she may then want to eat more?, she should if she's hungry enough. Another friend was having same prob with her 2 yr old waking at night for a bottle & still having 3 bottles a day & not eating much, she asked if she was having too much milk, I told her I'd cut it way down but not sure if she's been successful yet. Evie is still having a bedtime bottle, it's going by xmas whether she likes it or not.

How is everyone?? have been a busy bee myself with work, various appointments, I'm flat out to get a day at home, I can't stand the state my house is in atm, wish I could afford a cleaner , I just look at it and feel numb, I do do stuff but it doesn't look like it . Trying to think of what to get Evie for xmas and am really stumped, lord knows she doesn't need any more stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet that sounds like hard news to hear from your speechy and although I don't know much about those particular issues I do have a best friend with a boy Ruby's age who needed early intervention on other issues and after 12 months of therapy he is now considered to be presenting like a normal 3.5 yo. Hopefully Evie will have the same outcome.

JFB. You poor thing. That would drive me round the bend. I def think you should expect E to be sleeping through. I would also think that you prob need to get rid of the bottle completely. Hard I know when in the middle of the night you need sleep. But I think eventually if you are consistent things should improve. H went backwards at about 12 months and I had to do controlled comforting again. Ended up I would stand in his room back to him at the end of his cot saying Shh. Go to sleep every time he started crying. If he stood up I would lay him back down and just kept doing this til he quietness down. Some nights it took hours. But it eventually completely stopped. Every now and then it fires up again and I have to be really strict and do the same thing for a night or two. Then it's fine again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I have been reading but been slack as I am usually on my phone.

Amum - hope the girls are treating you well and you are enjoying them properly

JFB - no advice as we had given up bottles for the kids not long after 12 months, and neither of the kids needed a bottle at night. Just thought I'd let you know I'm thinking of you, as it would be absolutely rotten to be in that situation. Don't want you to think we don't wake up at night, we do, but sounds like you are having a worse time of it. I agree thug - sounds like you may need to be brutal and stop the bottle.
    archie is a bit sick ATM, and recently I am unable to settle him. I go in and he wants to play or to sleep on me, and cracks the absolute sh!ts when I try to put him down, enough for DH to come in and have to take over while I go and sob in the kitchen and wonder why I am such a cr@p mum.

Kismet - I have no suggestions for you either. It must be so hard, especially as you get no break with a partner.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I have had a cold which has turned into a chest infection for the last 2 weeks, so I am OVER it. Was coughing my guts up every night and DH was evicting himself to the couch in order to get some sleep, poor guy. Sounds like Archie is getting it as well, so hoping it won't turn to an infection like mine.
    Spencer turns 4 on Wednesday. WTF did that time go?????? I am about to pop a tractor cake in the freezer so i can ice it Tuesday night. We have the grandparents coming over on Wednesday afternoon for tea. He is going to be beside himself. DH's parents have bought him a pedal John Deere tractor. He is obsessed with John Deere stuff, and tractors and lawn mowers, whipper snippers and blowers. He has told me this year he is going to ask Fr Christmas for a chainsaw. Lucky I saw one at Toys R Us and got onto buying one for him!
    So much for me being worried about his speech a while ago. Now I can't get him to shut up!
    Archie is coming along really well and talking so much. He has a temper though, and I think we'll be in trouble with this one. He's going to be a handful. He turns 2 in 3 weeks.

DH and I are getting out and about a little bit which is nice as well.