Closed Thread
Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

I'm home with BIG boobs....yay, won't see them properly until tomorrow when I go back to my surgeon. No pain, pretty good actually. JFB I got that lovely drunk feeling again, I even told them I felt drunk, then I woke up 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - truly sorry about the m/c, I too admire your strength to keep up the fertility fight, good on you. I think PGD is a good idea, it still amazes me that clinics often don't cross all the t's and dot the i's. As for donors tell your DH not to worry about some strange woman knocking on your door to claim your child, they can't do that. I know quite alot about the donor program as it's often discussed in my ivf support group. Legislations for egg donors are very similar as sperm donors. Legislations change all the time and are different state to state which can make things a confusing mind field depending where the donor comes from. The sperm donor I used came from VIC and is anonymous however because I conceived in 2009 once Evie is 18 she can apply to find out their identity if she chooses and only if the donor concents, but if she was conceived from 2010 I could find out the identity now if I wanted to if they concented to their identity being known. I can also find out at any stage if there are other siblings from our donor. These are things I'm undecided about, not sure if it's necessary at this stage to find out but down the track I think I'd like to know if I can find out the donors identity for Evie's sake and if he doesn't want to be known I will have to prepare her for that incase she wants to know. My situation is different being single as the issue of when to tell Evie is going to come up regardless, she is already trying to work out who 'daddy' is. I believe the egg donor program at the clinic I went through encourages couples to meet their donor, they feel it's somewhat different for a woman to donate her eggs than it is for a man to donate sperm, as in more 'attachment' and that the donor needs to feel comfortable with whom she is donating to, and because of the fact they have to go through the invasive procedures, it's so much more personal. It is a huge decision for anyone to make for either party and in particular, I feel, for the recipients because they may have children to think of and how it may affect them . There should be councelling offered through your clinic to help you with any issues you have. I also thought about what impact it would have on any children that I have knowing they are a donor child. My clinic's councellor said it's recommended a donor child is told how they were conceived. I am comfortable with my decision and think I will have a handle on it but you can't predict how things unfold if you know what I mean, you can't know how it will affect them, but I am of the belief that by the time my child is old enough to understand and that I ensure she is ok about it, that it is so common for people to be conceived by donor that it shouldn't really be a huge issue, that's what I hope anyway.

Amum - bet you feel like a new woman with your new girls! oh how I would looovvee that drunk feeling and deep sleep again, I forget what it's like to NOT feel tired.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle. I'm sorry to hear about your MC. So hard to find positives in all of this, but you are able to become pregnant so that is really something to hold onto. I think good on you for giving it your all. It sounds like PGD could be a good option for you xx

Great to hear all went well Amum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alittle - for your current loss. I'm so sorry. I used both an egg and sperm donor (id release) and am so glad my daughter can meet them and say 'thank you for helping mum' one day. Plus I can answer a lot more of Stella's questions when she thinks of them. I feel very grateful to have had the help from my donors. I look at my daughter and couldn't imagine life without her (I used 22 of my own embryos before moving on to an egg donor). Whatever path it takes for you to meet your bub, I send you lots of and

amum - How are the girls? My friend found it quite painful for a few weeks as they put them under her chest muscles. Are you enjoying the new lingerie

'Hi' to everyone else. Stella and I have a virus and it just wont leave! Grrrrr. It seems to be the season for it. Stay well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Millie - The girls are good 😄 I didn't find it painful at all and am back driving today, they are a week old today. The first few days my chest was sore as I have had them put under my muscle but all in all a very easy procedure and one that I am glad I've finally had...

Hello to everyone, hope you are all well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

amum, glad to hear it all went well....did u end up getting filler etc around the eyes yet? im getting really desperate for it....all I look at in the mirrir is my under eye wrinkles!!!

hi millie, hope u all feel better soon.

alittle, hope u are holding up ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jfb - No filler or Botox yet 😊 I need to have a conversation with the staff at my surgeons office and see what they suggest. Maybe that could be my Xmas present...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am def getting Botox or filler as soon as I can afford it. I'm sick of looking angry all the time. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blondekelli View Post
    I am def getting Botox or filler as soon as I can afford it. I'm sick of looking angry all the time. Lol
    lol thats funny!!! yes my only reason for NOT haviong it yet is that i feel mega guilty cos its not cheap and i think of so many bills / debts etc that i should be paying off...

well back at work after a week off in which i got NOTHING done that i said i would do ie painting, clearing out old toys / clothes etc etc...nice break but back here too quick and now down two F/T staff so no more bludging i guess

kismet: how is the work going? i hate the morning rush...honestly if i have to get myself and two kids ready and dropped at daycare i generally have to get up at least 1.5 hours before we leave....luckliy DH usually does the mornings and i do the arvo pick up / dinner rush...some days im just CRANKY cos its like seriously i do not sit down until 8pm when everyone is in bed...i do try to pack the bags the night before, last night i even cooked dinner for tonight (which prolly wont get eaten by E as she is an appalling eater still ) ....the drive is killing me, im looking for work closer to home but its limited options ....u kinda have to be very easy going and not care about things sometimes aka nutrious meals etc...i do order in Lite and Easy dinners for myself otherwise i tend not to eat dinner til way too late or eat something bad...makes life easier...i eat breakfast at work too. is i won powerball i would get botox and filler and a housekeeper / nanny!!!

amum: how are the "girls".

alittle: how are u feeling?

sonja: how is little Astrid and feeding going etc?

Q: can anyone give me any good vegetable recipes youre kids will eat..im bored with just giving the kids the same old cucumber and mashed vege things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB the morning rush is murder. We now have it 5 days a week because of school. Honestly the number of days we've left the house without shoes, or school bags, or library books etc. I tear my hair out some mornings. Getting 4 kids out the door some days is almost impossible. And once we're at school trying to get to different classrooms and make sure everything is unpacked from school bags, meanwhile Astrid is having a meltdown from hunger, or Marc has gone missing bec he's following millipedes .... there isn't enough wine in the world to recover some days.

Astrid's feeding like a champ, but it's constant (like all my babies). She's 9 weeks now. I am loving every moment with her but tbh am looking forward to moving beyond the baby years. Marc is really testing us lately with his determination to be heard among a group of very loud girls. All I hear all day is "what about me" and "mine!" from home. Exhausting.