Closed Thread
Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - Evie has been like this for a few months now, I think it's also an age thing as lots of mums I've spoken to experience this. Initially Evie was inconsolable I couldn't leave the room. I worked out she was worse when I said 'good night' to her, I would read a book or we'd sing some of her songs then I had to make an excuse to leave the room like ''just going to the toilet", she'd cry 'mummy come back" I'd tell her I would and I did this a few times then just didn't go back in, she'd call out a few times but wasn't upset anymore then she would fall asleep, it's like she needs to know I'm there. This is how her bedtime is now, but I don't take as long to leave the room, I give her a kiss and cuddle but never say goodnight as it sets her off for some reason. She also needed the light on, now she likes a little pillow pet night light that shines stars on the ceiling. Sometimes I hear her talking or singing to herself until she goes to sleep which is fine with me as long as she isn't upset, she will usually take about 1/2 hr to fall asleep, however last night she was saying she was scared so I stayed with her until she was comfortable and not sooking then left the room, she didn't get to sleep until 9.30pm, it was annoying me but if I was to rouse on her it would only delay bedtime further and I just couldn't be bothered, and I like to make sure she isn't scared. Lately she's been mentioning scary dinosours and monsters which I have never talked about to her, I just suspect she's picking it up from kids at daycare. I often wonder what goes through her head. Is H still in a cot? Evie has just switched to a big bed and I think she's been better than what she was before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks kismet, he is still in a cot til xmas (going with the something u want something u need something to wear and something to read this year..over plastic!) ...he miracoulosly got over it the next night..stallllllled going to bed but didn't say he scared etc....thank god!

sick yet again here.....been sick all winter....E first year at daycare....so over having a cough, cold, etc....E has a bit of of the runs too so hasn't been sleeping well.....god I would kill for a day in bed with books, mags and DVD's when sick.....those days are longgggg gone...

Nessie: I forgot to add...yes I joined up to 12wbt..for the learn to run..let me tell u there has been zero running!!!! I have only lost 3kg this round so far....slack effort but hoping to do better the last 6 weeks.....I would love to catch up before u leave. I am heading up to hunter for a whirlwind one nighter in October...not sure if u will be coming down this way

I have a Q: H has a sorta lisp, well I guess it is??? lots of "s" 's come out as "th's"....at 3 would u wait to see if he grows out of it???

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I think 's' is still quite hard to get right at this age. I'll check with Evie's speechy on Tues, she does get it sometimes but not all the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB Ruby still has trouble with c or k words. She uses T instead. If she really tries she can buy most of the time she will use a T sound. I'm not worried at this stage but I will bring if up at her 4 year check.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning all

good luck tommorrow amum for the BIG op .....i reallllly need some filler on my under eye wrinkles.....

sonja: have u done the move?

alittle: just wondering how u are going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Jfb - Thank you.....I'm so excited. Mind you I don't have to be at the hospy until 11.45, I'll be freaking starving by the time I go to theatre😁 I said to mum tonight (her and dad are here to look after us all) that I'm looking forward to getting knocked out again lol I hope I get that lovely drunken feeling just before passing out 😜

I'll report in when I can.

Hello to everyone 👋

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, you're so kind to keep thinking of me. i've been a bit quiet because yet again I fell pregnant, but yet again it failed. 8 weeks to day and Just back from Ob today as I am currently miscarrying.... Only consolation is that it seems to be happening naturally so Ob thinks I'll be ok to avoid a curette this time....the next 48hrs will tell. I was kinda hoping things would be different this time, and i'd just let you all know when I was at about 16 weeks. Anyhow, I'm almost embarrassed at how many times I come in here with bad news.....but as far as coping goes, I'm doing ok... have become a bit hardened to it all and have come to expect the worst. I feel for DH as he has just lost all ability to enjoy any of the journey and just keeps thinking it will all go bad at some point. Emotional survival for him I guess.... but to his credit he has yet to crack it and say enough is enough. Saw new Ob today and he was divine and raised PGD which is something I had only just mentioned to DH on the weekend. I was saying how annoyed I was that not one of the FSs we had been to at MIVF had ever mentioned trying this to us after all of our failed cycles and losses. I am always the one directing the cycles and what I want (with the exception of Wazza of course at QFG). Ob mentioned it within 10mins of consult. So I think if we are crazy enough to keep going (as I keep falling pregnant), then PGD will be a must. It's getting a bit crazy at my age, but Ob was still positive and encouraging us to keep going.

Amum, best of luck tomorrow and enjoy slipping into that drunken drug induced sleep.

JFB, hope your household is finally illness free now that we're out of winter. So loving the lovely mild sunny days we've been getting in Melbourne

Kismet, how's the job going? Are you liking it a little more now?

Sonja, we've spoken about donor eggs. I finally got DH to consider them. He can't stand the thought of his sperm messing with some other birds eggs. Lol, but I have a friend who is a GP and has had success with donor eggs, so her feedback and info has helped him come around a little. I'm still not sure as I fear the impact on the child when they find out down the track and how it could impact them later in life. Especially with anonymous donors where child cannot find out who their egg donor mum is if they want to and DH is terrified of some women coming after us looking for the child she donated the egg for. It is rather complicated, but It does have a good success rate. One way or other my eggs are going to get first priority and if we go the donor route, no one will ever know. It's the inky way I could ever consider doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. You truly are a fighter and I am in awe of you. Good on you for going after your dream of another precious miracle. I pray that one day very soon you can let us all know that yes indeed you have another one on the way xxxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle I can only agree with Amum. You are amazing. Whatever way it happens as you build your family your children will never be in any doubt of how much you love and fought to have them.

Amun good luck with the boobs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh alittle that is such bad news....i was wondering if u had tried again but didnt want to ask (u know in IRL ppl aka "fertile myrtles" badgering you about "when your having another" ..etc etc) its not fair... but what a brave fighter u are...i admire your persistance and so hope very much that you get the reward you deserve...i agree its frustrating when u have to suggest things to FS but i think sometimes they just lump you in a box ie "old", "LOR" etc ( i read in the 40+ thread about how they all get told that basically it will fail by most health professionals....yet many are getting pg and having a baby ) and dont think outside that to increase your chances. im glad to hear that DH is still in the fight too...

amum: another one who loves to be put under..i love it..i miss it..if i was an anaethetist i would be a profonol addict

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (01-10-2013)