Closed Thread
Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kismet, i duno but i would maybe put it on hold? Im not tt harry yet cos i want him to be ready AND me to be ready...neither of us are quite there yet ...i really dont want to start and then stop. He is getting there but i always thought he wouldnt want to be tt til he was at least 3 ...i know many programs say start earlier but if u feel she isnt taking to it and youve got too much on then give it at a few months...i always say...its only poo lol...its not like they are 5 !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kismet it sounds like she really isn't ready. Don't stress. You need to be able to devote a lot of time to it and to be able to stay close to home. Lucy didn't TT until she was over 3 and then it happened in 3 days (only a handful of accidents too). There can be real benefits to waiting. Don't worry yourself. Once the weather cools too it becomes harder as they drink less and wee less and wear more clothes which makes accidents even more painful. I doubt very much Marc will be an early tt'er - he really wants to just be a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet Ruby isn't interested in TT. I don't really think she's ready either. Happy to sit on it, even makes 'pushing' sounds but nothing comes out. Then as soon as the nappy goes back on. Voila! I'm not worried. I don't stress just say. Oh we'll. we will try again later. I figure she will give me some more signs when she is ready. I've heard you can't make them ready so I've just let it go really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sonja, i so hope i have a similiar tt with H.! ..hence why im waiting. Id rather change a pooey nappy than a pooey pair of undies and pants and socks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy 2nd Birthday Marc Sounds like you had lovely birthday celebrations Sonja.

Kismet, firstly - you must restock your wine rack!! . Secondly - you have so much on your plate at them moment, it does sound like putting TT on hold is not a bad idea. It sounds like E is getting the concept of going to the toilet, but just doesn't want to at the moment. A is the same, and I've just decided I won't do it until she starts to really dislike being pooey and wet and wants to go.... Just praying that day will actually come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    From my experience it is far more stressful to start and then regress. Scarlett tt'd very young and had lots of accidents. I lost it on many occasions which was so unfair on her, and only made me feel dreadful. Not ideal at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A carer at cc kept saying to me it isn't TT, it's toilet timing. Kids will get it when they are ready, and the timing is right.
    Spencer is great with wee now, but only just doing poo on the loo. JFB is right. Poo undies are gross. I can't tell you how many I ditched.

Sounds like the others said - E may just not be ready yet.
    I also agree with Alittle. Time to stock up the wine rack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Happy B'Day Marc.....hope he had a great day

Kismet - Don't stress about the TT she will get it when she gets it.....Kade still won't poo on the loo, always in a nappy and i really don't care to much, he will do it when he is ready....

Jfb - How did little miss E go last night???

Hello to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    E was ok..didnt sleep thru ! But i didnt really expect her to.....she woke at 230am...was a bit unsettled but got her back to sleep. As long as its only once im happy.....maybe when she is 1 i will change my mind lol...or when i go back to work.

Amum, dare i ask how is the packing? !!

alittle, good luck for your scan this week

kismet, what did u decide? I agree with sonja...i saw my friend tt her son young and a year later he is still peeing his pants ...i know i do not have the patience for that.

We went to featherdale wildlide park today..h loved it, flaked out by lunchtime on the way home. His fave was the crocodile , said he wanted to go for swim with him....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alleh fricken luyah!! we got a wee in the potty today. I wasn't going to bother with trying today but she wanted to sit on the potty in front of the tv after our shower which has become a ritual, then she transferred to the toilet which is a novelty for her so I just let her go while she read a book on there and got busy getting ready to go out as we had lots of appointments today then she went back to the potty infront of the tv, I went to get her dressed and noticed a wee, she didn't even realise she'd done it and thought it was water. Made a big fuss over it and showed her how it goes in the toilet to be flushed and waved goodbye, gave her a star sticker I promised and that was it. Wonder if it will take another couple of months to get another wee!

Thanks for all the advice girls, it's reassuring for me that I'm not doing anything wrong. She has been slow to get going with a few things eg. 1st teeth at 11 months, walking at 17 months, talking late so I guess toileting will be the same. I already know I can't rush this kid...must remember baby steps, she won't be in nappies forever.