Closed Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

JFB - that's fantastic about E's sleeping, well done to you. I can't believe she is 17 months already.
    Yep not long now, 2 weeks. DH asked me last night if I was nervous, my response HELL NO, bring it on, just want nice boobies. I'm back in shape thanks to my boot camp training so am starting to feel good about myself again and those new babies will be the icing on the cake 😛

Hello to everyone, hope you are all well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja. Sounds like you are coping like a champion! Which I knew you would.

Amum. Boobs? Are you having a boob job?

Well I have to tell you guys I have been pining for another baby lately. Crazy I know. But geez I would love one more!just seems selfish though at my age. JFB I so relate. If only I was turning 33 not 43

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bk , i think part of the reason i get these occasinal baby twinges is cos i know its pretty much impossible and deep down im pretty sure i would struggle to cope, but hey . Ive been posting in a thread about the perfect age for a baby and many seem to think 20s... But even tho i didnt neccasarily have kids at the perfect age they are the perfect kids for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think I just wish I had the choice. It's not having the choice that makes me want it more if you know what I mean. I certainly know for me that I wouldn't have been as good a mother in my 20s as I am now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - that's an excellent way of putting it . I seriously don't know what kind of mother I would have been in my 20's, I think I would have felt like I was missing out on too many 'good times' and I despite not really having a clue about parenting and all that jazz now, I know more now than I would have back then, I really wouldn't have had ANY fecking idea. I think my early 30's would have been better, that was when I really felt ready, if only I had control over that. I sold my cot & change table on Gumtree within a day last weekend and I felt a huge pang of sorrow that that part of my life is over. I had sort of accepted the fact I won't have anymore but tried not to think about it, so culling stuff has been difficult and feelings of regret overwhelm me. The couple I sold the cot too said they were happy with the one they had, weren't planning anymore and she felt she was too old to be having another one at 39, I pointed out I had my one and only at 41 and yep she exhausts me, I certainly would have wanted more if I was a bit younger and able to do so. Then I look at my niece who is struggling with 3 under the age of 3 1/2, the 2 eldest forever fighting and ever so naughty and the baby not sleeping & screaming all day. A straight jacket comes to mind. The naughty 3's have definately hit this house lately and Evie is pushing boundaries, some days I've been at my wits end just with her, I think alot of it has to do with me going back to work, her behaviour has changed since, I'm more exhausted and it's not a good combination at the moment. I wonder if a younger more energetic self would make a difference to coping better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree....emotionally i was so not ready to have a baby in my 20's..despite needing ivf i do not at all regret NOT having kids in my 20's...i had a very good time, i travelled, i was selfish stupid uni days drug induced and loved every second of it...i know its a gross generalisation but quite a few of the ppl i know who had kids when they were a lot younger than us...when we go out..they get BLIND drunk every time..its like they need to do that cos they didnt do it back then??? maybe thats me im not a big drinker, never have been...TBH the only disadvantage for me is that the grandparents are old (and selfishly it would be nice if my mum was physically capable of minding my kids so my and Dh could go out together more)...

and yes the 3's are here too...harry pushes bedtimes out, and bath times..its a lesson in trying to encourage positive behaviour rather than losing my nut at him.....he also wants to play with my phone..i let him have 10 minutes etc before bed but i count down 5 min, 2 min 1 min which worked well until he started saying "another got 2 minutes"...when time is up....i did get some good tips from a book called the No Cry Discipline solution...

and i jinxed E..she cried for about 40 minutes last night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Kel - YES I'm having a boob job in 2 weeks. Surgery date 1/10. I'm so freakin excited. I have always wanted them done and can now afford it 11K so I'm doing it. I'm only an A slightly a B and would love bigger boobs

Kismet - I gave away ALL my baby things to a friend before we left Sydney, I cried when they pushed the pram away. It made it real that the baby days are really over 😞 but I am so grateful for my boys, even when they do fight and scream and do my head in 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i have to do that soon....sell some baby stuff..i have so much junk around as well....i have so many clothes and i know ppl say oh keep it for me etc etc a lot of ppl dont use the 2nd stuff...i think my Merino bags and love me baby swaddles will sell quick...was going to try and bundle up the good brand hardly worn clothes....its a bit sad tho isnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I get clucky now and then, and then both kids will play up at the same time. I'm glad we managed to get two kids at all!

I also would never have been ready for a child in my twenties. I partied WAY too hard, and loved having no responsibilities. If I had a child with my main relationship of my twenties I would ave been linked forever to a no hoper as well, so I thank my lucky stars my contraception worked so well!

I'm going to get the clothes and toys and things ready for sale soon as well. I have slowly done a bit of ebaying, but I find I don't get the time to do it a lot.

I did read another thread here recently re eBay.
    Someone said that eBay gets the most hits on Sunday afternoon. So a poster suggested posting on a Thursday afternoon, and doing a 10 day auction. That way, you get 2 weekends and finish when the most people are online, and your post will be closer to the top of searches as it ends soon. Thought it was a good tip.
    Last edited by moongazer; 17-09-2013 at 14:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum I'm looking forward to seeing you with your new girls! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.