Closed Thread
Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB -

Well Evie is sick now, barking like a seal from 3am so off to Dr we went, she's on redipred and ventolin, Dr says not asthma but a virus causing asthma/croup like symptoms..how the hell do they tell the difference . Thought she was escaping winter unscathed but not to be, I probably made her sick, have spent $100 at the chemist just this week.

Did anyone see 60 mins on Sunday with Mary Coustas (aka Effie)?....poor woman, I had read her story which was more detailed than 60 minutes, such a harrowing story, I was blubbering, no one should have to go through what she did but finally at 48 she's having a healthy baby thanks to egg donor program in Greece, I just hope it all ends well this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor Evie. Xxx I know that croup sounds like a barking seal cough, so that would have helped diagnosis. No humidifier for croup. It can make things worse.
    Pharmacy make a motza off is don't they??
    If she is on prescribed meds not on the PBS, check if your private health (if you have it) covers some of the cost.

Didn't see Mary Coustas story, but have seen plenty of comments about it.aybr I should google. I'll make sure I have the Kleenex handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

sonja: how many more days now?

kismet: how is evie?

started TT with H on thursday..wee's were pretty good with virtually every wee in the toilet by saturday but no poo in the loo yet!..lots of bribes LOL....he is at daycare now for 3 days so im hoping they dont stick a nappy on him ........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Am heading in in about an hour. Scheduled for 8am tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews

Enjoy Sonja!!! How exciting. Hope your other kids are excited about the impending arrival of little sister!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - yayayayay!! hope all goes well can't wait for the news

JFB - She's still not 100%, I also still have a nagging cough. Wow that's good progress with TT. I'm sooooo over it all atm. Evie is just plain lazy and stubborn, they say you shouldn't get upset with them with TT and I haven't yet but I'm so frustrated with teaching her anything, the toilet training isn't getting anywhere except for wees before bedtime, she will happily do that because it's stalling bedtime, no amount of bribing is getting us anywhere...I've been trying with her ALL year!. Despite the wee before bed she has been waking in the a.m. wet and I'm sick of washing bed linen just about everyday, the nappies I've always used and never had an issue with aren't available anymore and every other type I've bought haven't been good enough, I have to limit what she drinks before bedtime. Then there's an issue with feeding herself...she's sooo lazy, will only attempt to eat her fav foods and not touch anything else especially vegies which she has always eaten, I'm doing a no-no by putting it on her falk & handing it to her just so she eats it because I don't want her to decide she can't or won't eat her vegies anymore as she's fussy enough. I don't believe that 'tough love' will help by taking the food away from her if she won't eat it will work because she would only be getting her own way. I'm also trying to teach her to put on and take off her shoes, they have velcro straps so it's pretty easy. A carer at the daycare asked today if I've been having issues with all these things because they have been too, she usually cracks it when they make her take her shoes off for her nap but I suspect that's because she's expecting to keep playing, not sleep. Made me feel like an inadequate mother. I'm finding Evie just refuses to learn anything. I give up...vent vent

Amum
    - when is your 'enhancement' getting done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck sonja.....hope everything goes smoothly.

kismet: gee that sucks....ive been lucky with H and TT so far...he didnt have any accidents at daycare yesterday and all wee's in the loo...but i think he is holding poo's in ..he has only been going every second day which is unusual for him so....mmmmm...suss! h has also gotten quite fussy with food lately...he has lost a bit of weight (not much and he was near the top percentile before ) but yep only wants to eat chips (or things shaped like a chip ), spagetti on toast, PB on toast, pears and grapes....it actually coincided with starting hot meals at daycare....all my foods i used to make like spagetti bolognase , lasagne, casserole...he wont eat cos i think he gets it at daycare .....so i just have done the same thing and shoveled vegies into mouth and bribed him .....maybe its just the age group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are holding a beautiful new bundle about now Sonia.

I hear you all on the TT thing!
    This week S has gone back into undies. I've told him to let me know when he needs to poo and I'll throw a nappy on him. I've caught him pushing twice! Though I've intervened and put a nappy on, no poo yet. He holds it in and then has problems getting it out. I've got him on parachoc every day now to try and alleviate the holding it in issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Astrid Blake born this morning, all perfect. 3.33kg

CONGRATULATIONS SONJA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Sonja and family. Welcome to the world Astrid.

Hope this one is a sleeper for you.

Love love love the name.