Closed Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Millie it must have been so hard not to have been disappointed. I know you know you're doing the right thing, but if there was ever any doubt it's all worth it one of my friends had to have her hip replaced when she was 42 because her hips had never been corrected as a baby / toddler. If it's any consolation Stella won't remember any of this.

Well I've got about 10 days to go, and I think I'm looking forward to her arrival and dreading it in equal parts. Our house is going to be so crowded, Scarlett and Marc are absolute rat bags at bed time (Marc in particular) and i have no idea how this poor baby is ever going to sleep with the noise in this place. I feel like screaming some days they all talk so much. Does my head in.

We're still struggling with names - after crossing everything off our list and starting again I ran a name we both liked past a couple of friends here and neither liked it at all. I should have said nothing so am kicking myself but they kind of pushed and pushed. Thing is I don't like their kids' names so it's probably a good thing they didn't like it, but it makes it hard to go ahead with that in my head.

I just want to get to Tuesday week and know everything's ok. I haven't had a scan since 21 weeks, and still getting lots of kicks and movement, but I won't be able to relax until I get to the birth.

Ok enough about me. Hope everyone else is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - She can't stand long in the brace. Her legs have weakened considerably after 4 months full time in the brace. I've bought her a short rocking horse to encourage her to stand and use it for support as she straightens up, and I give her lots of floor time and encourage her to crawl to me and stand up against my legs. She is still pretty shakey with it, and I'd hoped a few extra hours a day would help her build leg strength with the swimming (water resistance) and floor exercises.

Sonja - It is all getting so close. I wouldn't bother discussing any proposed names with your friends/family as you are bound to find at least 1 or 2 people not liking them at any one time (or someone saying 'oh that's my brothers favourite name for his unborn daughter). So annoying. Have a few written down, and on the day when you meet her see what 'fits'. You have done well with the first 3 (love their names and the spelling of 'Marc') so I know the name will be perfect for her. I'm one of 4 and remember how noisy our house was, but it was just so full of company and laughter that I have great childhood memories. I think you are amazingly patient given you haven't had a scan since 21 weeks. I will be lurking for news and a photo of your little Miss

3. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja - one more in the mix soon . I'm getting excited to meet my new great nephew in the next couple of weeks too, my niece wants it over now, her house will have 3 babies under 4, never quiet there either.

Can't shake this cough I've had has been awful, on anti-b's & slowly getting better but am OVER IT! Not nice having about 3 hrs sleep and having to front up to work, cope with a ferral kid afterwards (she seems to get pretty wild after daycare) when all you want to do is curl up in the foetal position and be left alone...blurgh! As for the job, can't see it lasting long term..working with one boss's wife is proving to be a little annoying, I can't make any of my own decisions after being told by another boss I can do my job how I see fit but she is road blocking me, and she is a nutter..she actually dropped the c word twice this week, I was a bit stunned to say the least, it's a crazy place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet !! The c word at work. Pretty unprofessional. Good luck to your niece.

Millie - sorry about Stella. It must be Di hard for you to see, but like others have said, she won't remember it and will thank you in the future for it. Not that my saying this will make any of it easier for you.

Sonja - 10 days! I am also one of 4. I think if DH and I started a little earlier we would have tried to punch out 4 kids. I have to say there was a small part of me hoping for a natural surprise! I love being one of 4. We are a close family too, so there is always someone to lean on. Good luck. And I agree with above. You have picked beautiful names for your other three. You will choose s lovely name for this little one, and to hell with whatever other people think. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - There is a reason why some people are self employed or work with their partners. They are UNEMPLOYABLE! How awful for you. I've been in that situation and the husband would hit on me the whole time too (his wife was my boss in a retail business). I look back and shake my head. If it gets too feral walk away. Or maybe you will find another job and jump when the time is right

MG - I love your term 'punch out 4 kids'

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

sonja: wow so close....i can understand the mixed emotions....even with 2 bedtimes can really suck and the fighting and screaming ...honestly !!!! as for the names..i too made the mistake of telling ppl names ideas once and of course there is always someone who doesnt like it....did u go back to Giselle? all the names so far have been very pretty IMO. good luck.....dont worry it will be quiet again....in about 20 years .

milli: what a shame for you about the brace...it must be hard on you both. i truly hope she doesnt have hip problems as an adult so keeping it on is obviously for that reason...ive had sore hips for a few years now , im sure im heading for a hip replacement one day

kismet: mmm work sounds interesting......are u working three days a week? that cold thing sucks....it lasts for weeks...i think im finally getting over it now....

MG: mmmm my DH would have a heart attack if we ever got a natural surprise....for me personally im done...i feel too physically old to have any more children but yes if we had of been younger ...a lot younger.....maybe more....or not.....would have to be a lot younger..like 15 years younger!!

alittle: how are u going? i hope things are feeling bit brighter for you now

afm: attempting toilet training from thursday..kinda dreading it..i asked H is he needed to do a poo before his bath last night..said no....then 10 minutes he'd done a poo in the bath !!! oh well at least he got out of the bath...ive bought 15 + pairs of undies and heaps of cheap trackie pants....anyone got any wonderful tips for me????

well i lost 6 kgs on the last michelle bridges round...signed up again...i can just start to see the possibility that i can get back to my old pre ivf weight...need to start jogging tho to shift more weight....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    ....anyone got any wonderful tips for me????
    drink serious amounts of wine every night.

Yes we have a name. We both really like it and it's never been on our list. It's not unusual but it is uncommon. The main problem we have is that after being around kids for so long now it feels like every name is either too common (but still nice) or has a negative association for either me or DH.

Thank god DH has had the snip now so no more little accidents and I don't have to go through naming again!

Speaking of which JFB will your DH be signing up for the snip? We had some landscaping work done recently and the landscaper and DH were discussing their vasectomies - it was quite hilarious. They were comparing when they'd been "done". It was good for DH actually because this bloke was very open about it and took the view that he was man enough to take the issue off the table for him and his wife. Gave DH another way to look at it I guess (not that he was sensitive about it at all almost every 2nd man we know has had it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! DH was discussing the snip with another friend at my party!
    Our friend has had it done.
    DH went in to GP to get a referral a few months ago, but left with no referral as our GP said we both needed to be 100% sure. I wasn't absolutely sure st that stage. My mind has changed since then! We only have 2 sets of hands and like to travel. One for each of us. I don't know how my body would cope with another pregnancy either. I think we'll chat about the snip again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I work with a bunch of Bogans. There's been a bit of drama this week after 2 layoffs last week, one of the guys given notice is mentally unstable & was shattered and attempted suicide for the 2nd time yesterday, and the other employee is a 70 year old man with prostate cancer (yes should probably be retired but he is pretty fit considering age and health), I feel so sorry for them losing their jobs, it seems my employers have no heart and don't want these men to be liabilities to the business with their problems, instead of trying to help them they're getting rid of them, I do see some of their point with regards to poor performance but it's the way they've gone about letting them go is what I'm having an issue dealing with. Oh and when the potty mouth was explaining to me the issues they've had with the unstable guy having a drinking problem I asked if they do drug and alcohol tests (which are usually manadotory in industrial sites) she told me 'nahhh, most of the workshop would fail'...um isn't improving performance not to mention safety the point! and she then admitted she and her hubby, one of the owner/bosses, are regular pot smokers...gobsmacked! the place would be shut down if a workplace inspector walked in.
    Way to go on losing 6kg! fist pump! I've hardly been to the gym at all in the last month, not game to get on the scales. We're still going with the TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Sonja;7377275]drink serious amounts of wine every night.

hahhahahaaa.......i told daycare yesterday of my plans so they are going to take him to toilet today and tommorrow to start him off......wine...no problems....i can do that.

mmmmm my DH wouldnt have the snip..he is a massive wuss.....there isnt enuf action to justify it in my house anyway....bubby woke up 3-4 times last night and ended up in bed with us at 4am...hardly the stuff of erotic escapades