Closed Thread
Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Moong sounds like the boys are growing up into great little mates goodluck with Spencer doing poos in the loo.
    WOW what a beautiful DH you have Happy 40th & i hope you have a great night

Amum yes HUGE move, i still havent got my head around it. Are you still lovibg the beach life?

Kismet i hope you have recovered from your huge week & get a bit of a rest this weekend

JFB i think October could work
    Anyone else keen for a weekend in The Hunter Valley?? Free accomodation at my place

Sonja YAY, im so glad i get to deliver your news
    DH will be in Perth fulltime from October until December, ash & i will come over for a week every four weeks so i get to have cuddles with your girgeous new bub

Ash seems to have grown up all of a sudden he is such a good kid ( when he isnt melting down) & i just love hanging out with him.
    He has been asking lately for a Brother or Sister but i just say that if he had one that he would then have to share Mummy & Daddy, then he would miss out a bit on cuddles
    Hard to know what to say really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - aww thanks . It's a big job pulling off a big kids party, so exhausting, I think more so than a party for adults, at least when you put a party on for yourself you get to let your hair down with a drink or few. There was one kid that came along without his mum, she sent her mother to keep an eye on him and she did jack $hit, he was so out of control I was on edge because he was hurting other kids, I'm never inviting him again, such a brute.

Moon - I have stopped pushing Evie into TT and she's been better at telling me when she wants to go, not consistant but getting there, I have been wondering how I'm going to get her to poo on the loo as she refuses and still likes to hide and do it in her nappy but tonight she came and told me she's finished and wanted changing so I'm thinking I will try the loo with her soon. She's such a stubborn little thing (ummm - apple...tree )

Ness - starting to feel like we're returning to normal again, have picked up a sore throat/cold bug so feeling like $hite at the moment. It feels like I've been taken over by toys in my house, going to have to have a garage sale and get rid of the baby stuff I think. Evie has been carrying on a bit lately, I think me working now is starting to affect her, she's clingy, whingey and wants my attention every second & I can't get anything done, I totally lost it a couple days ago and I ended up in tears after rousing on her, it's the first time I've felt really overwhelmed since she was 11 weeks old and I was having a bad trott with her. We started sessions with a speechy last week and I'm already seeing a bit of a difference, I'm sure we will be getting along better soon with better communication. Yesterday she was having a meltdown and crying out 'daddy' - she's copy-catting it from other kids at daycare and doesn't really know it's meaning but makes me feel a little sad she doesn't have one, I haven't been prepared for this behaviour and it's taken me by surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Nessie - Yes we are all still loving it up here, I only said to the boys yesterday as we were driving home and had the ocean in front of us how lucky we are to live here.
    Ash sounds like such a little man. What a lucky mummy you are to have such a cutie pie xxx

Kismet- Kade wouldn't do a poo on the loo come hell or high water for ages. I just started saying to him, next time you do a poo we'll try sitting on the toilet, he would sit for a few seconds and get off. Eventually I got him to sit on it just as the poo was coming out of his bum so he had no choice but to do it in the loo and once he saw that he could do it he was fine....she will get there

Well I've started boot camp and can hardly walk I'm so sore and I'm seeing the surgeon on Monday so I'll have a surgery date on Monday, getting a bit excited I must say, I hope I like them when I wake up, to bad if I don't like having big boobs lol

Hello to everyone, I hope you are all having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie, count me in for the hunter, how could i refuse....mmmm wine, food, good company. Let us know when is good for you...perhaps the middle of october?

Amum, im sure u will love having big hooters lol...im sure dh will love them. Mine have gone down to 16D now...they dont feel big really, prob cos thay are losing their grip on gravity now....

Kismet, ive had that bug..seems everyone got it...its dragging on..i cracked it fully at dh night before last as i asked him to get up to E as i felt awful with this cold...i also lost it last night at h, he was just back answering at bedtime and refusing to pack away crayons..no no no no..everything was and i just yelled at him...immediately felt like a horrible parent.....its been quite a while since i lost it like that and then of course he has been sick today and had a bloody nose last night so he was probably mucking up due to being unwell....cant help with tt as havent started still with h...he will still poo happliy in his nappy but will now come and change it without fuss...im buying him a cars toilet seat and potty and we bought a poo bribe toy so im planning on starting him in two weeks...ive been building him up for weeks but he wasnt impressed with the idea of unfdies so mmmmm.i just hope its not an epic fail...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Well the boobs are all booked in for 1st October wooooo hoooo, yes I am a little excited.

Hope you are all well and having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - Your books will be ready to celebrate by Christmas Ho, ho, ho indeed.

JFB & Kismet - The poo training seems to be the hardest part of the TT. I have a friend who is still having 'poo' issues with her 4 year old. Sometimes, he just does a sneaky poo in his pants even though he knows he should use a toilet. Good luck.

Kismet - You are having a hard time. Evie calling out 'daddy' is not unusual at her age, even though she knows your family is mummy and Evie. It's just a tactic when they are frustrated/angry. In other words 'anyone but you mummy' Some of my SMC friend's children make up whole scenarios around a mythical dad 'I'm going to go away with my special dad, and he's going to take me fishing and to the footy and we aren't coming back home'. It's a 'get you back' defence and makes me laugh. But it's a bit hard to deal with when you know she KNOWS there isn't a dad around. I'd just ignore it. Hope you have kicked that cold

Stella has her 3 month hip checkup tomorrow morning. She's had the brace for 4 months now, and I'm sooo hoping she can have more time out of it during the day, so that she can strengthen her legs and learn to walk. She's already standing (in the brace and out of it), and 1 hour a day isn't enough to do much strength and balance wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Millie how did Stella go yesterday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - I left the hospital with mixed feelings (and a bit of anxiety for some reason). They said Stella's right hip dislocation was 'very severe' and as such it would take ages to repair itself (socket to grow down and around hip bone). The good news is that is going in the right direction and has grown a bit, the bad news is they still want her in the brace 23hrs a day for the next 3 months. I felt like crying because I've been working really hard to keep her active and engaged with the brace on all the time, and she is now trying to aggressively escape it when I take it off to change a nappy/bath her etc so it is a bit of a physical battle to get her back in. My body is aching a lot these days. Plus, she's never been swimming, and I was hoping to give her some time in a pool to build up her lower body strength and just let her be a 'normal' toddler for an hour or two. Not to be yet. Next appointment is for the end of October and the doc said he may be able to give her a few more hours out of the brace after that. I just have to suck it up and make the most of the news that her hip is growing properly I'm hoping for a Merry Christmas .

'Hi' to everyone else. I hope you are having a great week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - I know how anxious that would make you feel, even though Evie was younger it still wasn't easy seeing her confined to that thing. I'm sorry Stella still has to put up with it, poor poppet. The plus side is her hip is repairing itself. I was wondering what you have to do to help her gain strength in her legs? Is she able to stand for long with the brace on?

Sonja - how are you keeping? ready to launch?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

milliegirl  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Millie - I'm sorry that your little princess is still having to wear the brace. It must be very difficult for you both. Just try to take one day at a time and think about the end result. Poor you though, you will remember all of it and fortunately for Stella, she won't. Big hugs to you. Stay strong xxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

milliegirl  (02-08-2013)