Closed Thread
Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bk, wow that just sux.....i have no understanding of legal matters in that area but i just cant fathom how as she could claim as u said exclusivity on selling kids clothes!! Ffs.....it sounds very stressful, i truly hope all your hard work isn't going to be undone by this bistch .

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. She doesn't. But often in business law it who has the money to see it through. And we don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kel I'm sorry you are going through this, that idiot is obviously jealous of you and your clientele, can you bluff her in any way, tell her you have been to see your solicitor etc etc, it might be enough of a fright for her to go away... Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so Amum. My brother is helping me write a response deed to try and get her to agree to and I have a 30 min app with a lawyer tomorrow for free (not sure what I can achieve in 30 mins) but he has already said that he can advise me but can't stop her from taking action. She's from the wealthy end if town so we are worried she has a bit of cash. Will have to see how tomorrow goes. But I'm devastated I might have to let go of working from home and not doing design anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel don't give up yet. DH is a business lawyer - he's away at the moment but when he gets back later tonight I'll ask him what you can do.

DON'T SIGN ANYTHING YET!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Sonja. I agree with her advice Kel. This cow is just trying to get you to sign away your rights. If she becomes threatening tell her you will go to the police and get an order against her due to her harassment. She has no right to use your home address as you can say you work from a friends place and tell the police she is stalking you at home. That's an offence. You won't have to act on it, but threaten her anyway. She is a gutless bully. I'm sure at the end of the day, given she doesn't have any exclusive rights, her family won't want her fighting a legal battle she will lose. Plus she will have to pay your legal costs if she loses which is an added risk for her. Don't let this bully bluff you. Make sure you have her home address too Another thing you can do is contact the makers/wholesale distributors of the clothes you sell and tell them what she is doing to you. They will very unhappy because you are selling more of their stuff then she is and they won't want to lose the business. They will tell her to back off or they will remove permission for her to continue selling their stuff. It's just good business sense. I'm sure she is behaving this way towards other sellers so it might be worth pointing this out to the wholesalers 'Without naming anyone, I've heard she has done this to other sellers of your brand'.

JFB - Get well soon. Colds and bugs suck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great advice from the girls above. Kel, I hope you can kick her butt. What a biarch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She may have some cash, but if it is unlikely to go her way, you would think the girl is just trying to scare you into backing down.
    I must say I love the idea of going to your suppliers and letting them know what is happening. Maybe she will get cut off. That won't help her at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja I love you. Thanks so much. Cannot tell you how much this means to me xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja I will be a Pty Ltd company by the end of the day