Closed Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poor E...dh is in there trying to settle her....god she is cracking it at the mo...hope he can go the distance....omg she sounds like a strangled cat the poor thing ....but seriously she doesn't need a feed 3 hours after bedtime feed! Come on bubby.....go back to sleep....DH already has a face like a slapped As$....wonder who will quit first .

actually he is going ok now....she has almost gone back to sleep ....almost....almost.....nope...not yet
    Last edited by jfblady72; 05-03-2013 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hope she went to sleep..

Savoury pikelets can also be a hit. They're great because they freeze easily too. Let me know if you need a recipe.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she is still squarking....i feel bad...she almost puts herself to sleep then will start crying a few minutes later....maybeeeee .....all is quiet....the first night is the worst...im just lying in bed listening while dh settles her....i know if i go in she will go ballistic...still quiet..please be asleep..poor bugger....oh no...crying agin! ........quiet again..........i think she is nearly asleep this time.

oh yes if u have some recipes that would be good as my oven is out of commission right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope E slept for you JFB. Banana pikelets are pretty easy too. I make them with wholemeal flour. They are yummy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks...omg it took dh almost 2 hours before she fully went back to sleep. I felt like giving in at one point..she wasn't really crying much for the last 45 min but just wouldn't settle to sleep....god my bbs must be good. She did wake at 330am and i fed her then...both bbs....i am ok with feeding her once a night but not more than that really anymore. I just hope that we can get a routine for once nightly wake up and not have it creep back earlier and earlier iykwim. The good thing about this age is she sleeps in the day now for one big sleep of 2.5 hours so u can have some free time to do things which is nice.

Alittle, r u having another bt today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Here's the recipe for the fritters:

1 egg
    1 cup sr flour ( wholemeal or regular)
    1 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup nat yoghurt plus 1/2 cup milk (ok to use all milk, just not as fluffy)

Beat together egg and buttermilk. Add sifted flour and mix together. Stir-in goodies like:
    flaked fish (tinned salmon/tuna works well)
    frozen peas or corn
    grated raw veges (zucchini, carrot, pumpkin, broccoli)
    diced leftover cooked veges
    grated cheese
    chopped parsley
    diced tofu
    lentils

Some fave combos:
    salmon and vege with parsley
    grated cheese and vege
    a yummy adult snack is with crumbled feta, grated zucchini, parsley and mint

Drop spoonfuls into a moderately hot non-stick pan. I find when you use a fatty cheese no oil is required, but if you're not a little veg oil makes them brown very nicely.

You can offer yoghurt for dipping. These fritters freeze beautifully.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, your DH is a good man sticking with it for that long. Good on him. Hope tonight is a little easier for you.

BT is tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB it took us about 2 and a half weeks of being consistent to cut out the night feed. We were both exhausted but well worth it in the long run. Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - zucchini slice is also a good one. Do you use a dummy for E? some people are against them but it helped with us with resettling, I would have gone insane otherwise however I take it out of Evie's mouth once she's in a deep sleep. The downfall of it was with daycare, I always insisted she only had it for sleeping but I often found it pinned to her when I picked her up so obviously they gave it to her whenever she wanted it which p!ssed me off to no end and she became more reliant on it despite me repeatedly complaining & pointing out I didn't like her to have it all the time. If it's out of sight from her she doesn't miss it except for bedtime, however it's going to be operation quit dummy very soon.

Evie has croup again..Monday night had to make a mad dash to hosy at 12.30am bcs she was coughing & wheezing really bad but by the time i got there she had stopped & was wheezing just a little bit, they gave her some steriods and she's been ok since just has a normal cough now. I'm wondering if she's developing asthma. Finally got a wee in the toilet the other day but pretty sure Evie doesn't have a clue what she did even though I made a big deal out of it..hasn't been any wee action since but she says everytime she's sitting on potty or loo 'tryin to poo mummy!'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, hope evie is better?
    Alittle, yes i must say dh has been very supportive since e was born, it has made things so much easier...i get to sleep in often etc...good luck with the bt.