Closed Thread
Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MG. our Samsung in the bedroom turns itself on all the time. Usually only when we've just switched it off weird.

JFB. You are owed a biiggggg sleep in from DH on the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow JFB - just wow. I wouldn't even remember the last child-free day DH or I had that wasn't related to being interstate on work. My DH hasn't had a genuine sick day let alone a sickie in about 12 years so it's not something I've ever had to deal with. I would have been furious.

Well we've had the most foul smell in the girls' room over the last 24 hours - I have torn the room apart and washed everything I could and it turns out we had a dead rat in the ceiling - DH got up there tonight and found it. Yuck! So glad we got it out though it was pretty fresh and would have become more disgusting over the next few days. Yuck.

MG we have a Samsung too and I've noticed often when I turn it off it doesn't seem to actually be off. Interesting. that would have freaked the heck out of me had it happened when I was alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja.....well im looking out the window and noting that very shortly all if my clothes will be taken off and folded up and all of dh"s will be blowing in the breeze, fading in the autumn sunlight...my dh has a massive sense of entitlement cos he works long hours some weeks..what he fails to realise us that when he works long hours so do i ie looking after the kids on my own, feeding bathing sleeping settling on my own....

speaking of rats ewwwwwwww...that is gross! Reminds me of our old house...we noticed maggots in the bath for a week or two...couldnt work out where they were coming from...finally looked up and saw little grey tufts of fur poking thru the fan grill....dead rat was lying on it and said maggots were dropping into the bath....

And further gross...yesterday i must have been more tired than i thought cos i wore dirty undies to work...ewwwwwww....they looked clean in the dawn light!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja and JFB. Those rat stories would do me in! We had a rat under the floor at work about 10 years ago. And I had to excuse myself for the day when the rat people came to get it. No way I was hanging round for that!

JFB I regularly let my hubby know that going to work is way easier that looking after both kids for the day, so he is well trained on being grateful when I'm stuck home alone with them he actually rings me up to apologise if he has to stay back and do overtime or work on a Saturday. He has started picking up the kids after work so I can stay at work and get a bit more done and he LOVES it. It's funny, it's something that I take for granted but because he hasn't had much opportunity to do it he gets a massive kick out of seeing their faces light up when he picks them up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - omg you crack me up , I have to admit I was caught off guard one day wearing dirty undies, I think I somehow put them in my clean pile by mistake otherwise can't figure out how I did it but I ended up turning them inside out. Well DH certainly pulled a swifty...I think your revenge is sweet . Funny how they never 'see' what needs to be done .

Sonja - yeh dead rats are putrid..I'm pretty sure there was one in the roof of a rental when I lived in Sydney but being an old house that I hated living in as it creeped me out I had no desire to go looking for it, didn't know what else I would find, lots of candles and incense got burned for quite some time.

Any of you heard of the Groclocks? I've seen on a fb mum's group I'm in alot of mum's talk about them and think they're great. You can set it so it glows at a time you want the kids to wake up, the idea being you have an obediant child and they listen to your request when you say to them you can't get up until the clock glows. Apparently works for some kids but I'm yet to believe in that. I got a similar one from Aldi but Evie hasn't caught onto it yet, perhaps it's better for kids a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg jfb that is just....ewwwwwww!

Kismet - we had a gro clock got spencer. Would have worked if he listened to us!
    Seriously, it was a great night light. He NEVER took note of it. I explained until I was blue in the face about the sun and stars etc.
    he didn't care. He wanted up. Now!
    He has only stayed in his bedroom to okay in the morning without bugging me until a decent hour, for the last three days.
    Got rid of the clock and he has a bedside lamp now. I'm planning on using it with Archie, hopefully with more success than spencer.
    I have friends who have had great success with them. Unfortunately didn't work for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet I would be really interested in the Aldi one. I've thought about getting a Gro clock so many times but have then hesitated due to the cost and not knowing whether it would be a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet, ive never heard of them actually. i cant imagine H listening to such instructions.....my "trick" for a sleep in is if he would wake early id turn the TV on, give him the ipad and go back to bed....slack parenting 101 .

bk: i had a fight with dh last night about..........the usual sob story about him being tired and how he did do housework that day cos he took the rubbish bin out (.)..pathetic. it ended on a sour note after i accused him of being a misogynist .

alittle: how are u going? have u had another scan?

amum: so glad u met up with PW. please say hello from me next time you see her IRL, she's always been such a selfless person on here.

i have a Q for those who BF for a while....i havent had AF...the other day i had a slight very light one off spotting...which i thought must be af starting but then nothing happened since...does this happen with long term BF as u drop feeds as i felt at times AF was coming but still nothing? last time with H it wasnt until i totally stopped feeding that a month later i got proper AF....

omg am soooo tired i feel ill today..i dont think ive had a day at work with more than 4 hours sleep yet....its like she knew i was going to work and refused to stay asleep since 4 am...yuck....yuck yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Well I met up with PW yesterday and she is LOVELY.... We are going to meet up again as she is only 10 mins from me.....Her mum might even have a job for me, sweet....

JFB - I sometimes give DH a serve if he has been a bit lazy, why should we have to do everything all the time, it's 50/50 here....I loved your dirty undies comment, sooooo funny and yep I've done it as well.

Kel - My DH loves to pick the boys up every chance he gets, I think he loves the looks on their faces when they see him.

Hello to everyone, hope you have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB you DH just seems to go off track every now & then, hopefully you have kicked his butt back into place I can't complain about mine, he is great when he is at home, though he is a bit of a mess maker.

Amum I'm so glad you are loving your new beach life, you even inspired me to go down there on the weekend, I only live a block away Weird what we take for granted. Next time I'm up on the Goldy I will have to catch up with you & Picky, would love to meet her. Sad thing is I only get up there maybe once a year these days

Kismet I have seen those clocks but for the money I thought there is no way Ash will listen to me, the only way I get him staying in bed past 6am is with the IPad.

Sonja ewww I HATE rats, we have a rat problem up at the Hunter Valley, got rid of the snakes but now have rats. I think when we move I will have to get some big cats.
    Hows your beautiful belly going?

Well we are well & truly into the terrible THREES here I'm sure my neighbors think I'm murdering my son in the mornings, he is soooo argumentative & demanding Not sure where he gets that from