Closed Thread
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dropping h's daynap (at 22 months) really meant he slept easily by bedtime....it meant he did fall asleep eating his dinner a few times but thats ok..i feel VERY cheesed when i miss out on that 2 hours before bedtime ME time...i dont cope without that...less overall sleep i have gotten used to but if i dont get my cuppa, internet, tv in peace time im a cranky mole.

I hope mg that it improved..where is hubby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys.
    Last night not too bad. Spencer stayed asleep.
    Archie woke at 2 and needed patting down with the subsequent cry afterwards when I stopped!

DH is in Germany and Croatia for work. For 12 nights. Last time he went I was preggers with Archie so hasn't been away for a while.
    I've got to say though, that while its been tough at times, I don't feel exhausted and feel we have all coped pretty well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soooooo hesitant about dropping the nap.
    Spencer still will sleep a solid 2 hours and still goes to bed at 7/7:30 no worries.
    Archie sleeps less than spencer. I wouldn't be surprised if Archie stopped napping before spencer does!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Both girls dropped day sleeps pretty early but Scarlett much much earlier than Lucy, and it was awful. She was so overtired and teary at around 3pm it was murder getting through to bedtime, but when she did go to bed she was asleep by 630 which was heaven. I only drop daysleeps when bedtime becomes hell and they don't go to sleep until 9 pm. It's a trade off between having insanely overtired kids all afternoon vs having no evening to yourself. It doesn't really matter so much these days as Lucy doesn't go to sleep until 830.

Whenever DH is away the kids are always hell for the first few nights then they improve as they get used to him being away. He's been away so much in their lives they're pretty used to it TBH. It's rough at first but we get into a routine of sorts and find our groove.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evie has finally stopped with the hysterics at bedtime, I've worked out a new routine for her where I read her a couple books and she sings a couple songs and I leave the room with her nightlight on without telling her goodnight bcs that is when she would go off her tree, she always says come back and I say yeh I'll be back in a minute (she just has to know I'm still there) but don't go back in until she's fallen asleep unless she is ramping it up. It's taking longer for her to get to sleep and it's a later time when she does (usually 8.30ish) but as long as she's happy I'm happy. I'm not bothered if she misses her daysleep as it's become a drama these days but I ensure she has rest time & if she falls asleep that's fine and I do a happy dance but other than that I make her nap say every 3 days. She is ferral from late arvo until bedtime but it's getting better. If I don't make her have a sleep every couple days or so she gets ridiculous. She is starting to wake up later in the a.m. but I think it's due to being warm enough too, I think she wakes early if she's too cold. I've had to go back to using sleeping bags because she kicks her blankets off, she hates them. I had to make Evie have a sleep the other day cos I had a screaming headache & needed a nap myself but it was a show down to get her to go, was about 3.30 when she did and woke up at 5, therefore she didn't get to sleep until 9.45 that night but had to take that risk to make my head feel better.

JFB - I love my 'me time' too but too often I'm up far too late, last night I didn't realise the time and got to bed at 12.30 am and I'm sooooo tired now...I should be in bed but here I am bcs it's 'my time', it's like needing a drug

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG, glad to hear you had a better night, I reckon you continue to enjoy those day naps while he still wants them, especially if he's still going to sleep at a reasonable hour at night without issue. A is the same. She does 2-3hrs during the day still and goes down at night between 7.30-8.30 without issue. I won't be dropping day sleep until she refuses them. My girlfriends two daughters were still doing daysleeps at age 3 and still slept well at night, so I'm holding on to the day sleep as longas I can.

Kismet, our night time ritual is a little similar to yours - I usually say goodnight first, and A likes to touch and name different parts of her and my face, but then I'll get the wave and a "bye mummy", so I've been given my marching orders and then DH takes over and does the songs - usually half a dozen in the repertoir before he gets his marching orders and then she's pretty content going to bed. And if she'll go down for a sleep whem you're suffering from a heachache, then great - you've gotta do what you've gotta do to stay sane. The occassional late night won't hurt her.

JFB, as Kismet suggested, you might find Family Day Care better for bubs if she is a bit clingier. If you find a good educator, it is a much warmer environment. I get much more one on one time with the 7month old i care for than I would have working in Long Day Care and bubs can then bond with the one person rather than having numerous people caring for her. Just a thought. Usually works out cheaper too. I have a 21month old who loves giving the 7 month old cuddles and affection too - she's very gentle, so it's nice because she gets lots of cuddles from me and some extra love from other little ones too - very carefully supervised of course. Got some lovely feedback from the 7month old's mums saying how happy she was as her little girl always comes home such a happy girl, so I thing the smaller home environment is working well for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Gosh I hope you all get more sleep from now on. I must say I have been lucky with Kade, he doesn't have a day sleep, but can be quite feral late arvo but then comes 7 - 7.30 and he asks to go to bed, fingers crossed it stays that way.

I'm meeting PickyWicky - god is that her user name, its been so long, anyway we are meeting for coffee tomorrow and I can't wait. She lives 10mins from me now...

Hope you are all well.

Jfb - I'm sitting here in shorts and singlet top it's so hot today lol how is your fire going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fire is back on!

I swear mg they KNOW....e had a shocker of a night..i went to work with 3hr 45 min sleep last night....yay for me.......actually can cope ok on such pitiful sleep if its just a one off.....found out dh chucked a sickie and had a whole me day at home to himself....i was outraged!!!
    Last edited by jfblady72; 22-04-2013 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG. My DH would be in SO much trouble!!!!!!!!
    Yep. 1 or 2 nights sh!t sleep is ok. You can function. Just!

Kids slept great last night. Archie woke at 5 and needed a pat down. Spencer has finally got it through his head to stay in his room and play if he us going to wake early. (Only been working on that one for about a year). He comes in around 6:30 to wake me. It's been bliss the last couple of days.
    Unfortunately for me I woke at 2 am to the TV on !
    It turned itself on. I googled it and it apparently happens with Samsung tvs. Weird. The back sensor light was in too, so I freaked out a bit and had to check the house was secure. Didn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

Amum - enjoy meeting pickywickles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MG, hmmmmmm yes i became less and less impressed as his 'day' unfolded....first it is as im picking the kids up from daycare that i find out about the sickie....fail part 1....then i ask ' did u clean up a bit"?......semi surprised response'the house was clean' ( cos i sent him out with he kids he day before so i could clean up in peace, i ignored the phone calls from mum and a friend as we allll know precious it is to get a few hours to clean up in peace) um this house is NEVER clean...the floors need a mop, there was 2 loads of washing to do etc...then after kids in bed im waiting waiting waiting waitingggggggg for an offer for cuppa...none forthcoming....so i make my own and he looks hurt that i dont make him one...um get ****ed....epic fail...i dont begrudge any parent a free day but ffs do SOME kind of housework if your at home ALL day a$$hole