Closed Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Alittle!!! Yay!!! Don't worry too much about progesterone. Mine was 900 something with Ruby and over 600 in my first pregnancy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BK, can you remember what dpo you were with those numbers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was very early. Maybe 14 or 16dpo. It peaked then started to drop doen to a mire normal level of around 120 after a dew weeks. My prog was so high I was petrified of a molar pregnancy (my ob wasn't worried at all) with my non ivf preg the numbers were much more normal. I think it can have something to do with the follicles producing the prog in ivf pregnancies or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS Alittle Great numbers, I'm thinking twins for sure!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - congratulations!!!! so so so happy for you oh wouldn't twins be wonderful . Don't get too stressed about that, I had high prog level over 300 but was on pessaries, however did have 2 gestational sacs with just one baby. Looks like all your hard work is about to pay off, good on you for not giving up

JFB - Feeding can be rather painful sometimes in this house Evie never ate much either until she was about 13 months old and she just took off. Before that she would only eat say 1/2 a tin of custard (size indication) of anything. It really bothered me cos she was tiny. I did try baby lead weaning as well ie, finger foods, she would chew on a strip of chicken breast or steak, chew on green beans, suck on a corn cob. I cut an omelette or frittata into strips she could hold. She did however like mashed vegies like sweet potato and pumpkin so I'd mix stuff into it like pureed casseroles. Pasta that she could pick up even if it was plain. Also pasta with tuna and cream cheese or home made cheese sauce was a favourite. She then went thru a stage where she started rejecting everything which was so frustrating, the only thing she would eat at the time was toast fingers or vegemite sandwich squares, I ended up using this as a distraction and shovelled things into her mouth in between bites and her appetite took off. The only real problem I have with her now is fruit, she will still only eat it pureed but as long as she gets it I don't care, perhaps one day she'll get over that and eat fruit properly, she use to gag on banana but she will eat it sometimes now, still have to mash it though I think she gets that from me as I'm not much of a fruit eater. I wish I had used one of those mesh things you put the fruit inside & they suck and chew on it. What's really weird is some of the things she use to eat like corn on the cob and green beans & avocado, dried fruit she now refuses, in fact she won't pick up vegies at all in her hands anymore or feed them to herself with a spoon, I usually have to feed them to her so she eats it. And the biggest peeve for me is she will not eat anything that looks different to her ie she will only have sliced cheese now, refuses it any other way even if it's the same type of cheese, she's like this with alot of things. Very petty. I do remember having to cut back on some milk feeds to get her to eat more and I'd give the milk feed after solids, pretty sure it was around the same age. Custard has always been her favourite snack, it's the only sweet thing she'll eat other than yogurt and now I buy her the custard cups as in snack pack style you get in the pudding and jelly section, you don't have to chill it so it's handy when you're out. Have you tried muffins, savoury or sweet?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (04-03-2013),Beach bubba  (05-03-2013),jfblady72  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - OMG!!!

Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - SOOO exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - OMG fantastic news CONGRATULATIONS...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - Congratulations!!!! Those numbers are fantastic, whether one big healthy bub or 2. Looking forward to hearing about your scan results.

JFB - Stella is younger (6 mths) but initially with solids she acted as if everything tasted bad (imagine screwed up face and mouth held open as if to spit it out). LOL. I made risotto bases (pumpkin risotto, and mushroom risotto) and started adding veggie combinations to them to serve as a meal (mashed with a small fork). She loved that and still does. I then poached chicken in some water with a carrot added, and frozen portions in ice cubes (stock, chicken and a small piece of carrot) and now add a cube to either of the risottos if I want to add some protein etc. She loves that too. I stew cut up (cubed) fruit (pears, apple, peach) with a bit of cinnamon added, and use these with homemade porridge (plain wrap quick oats) and a bit of milk for her breakfast (mashed with a fork again). Recently I made her scrambled eggs for breakfast and she enjoyed those after a few tries. It depends on the day too. Some days nothing pleases her, so I stick with pureed pumpkin/carrot/potato with a touch of butter, and straight stewed fruit cool from the fridge mashed with a fork (she sucks it off the spoon). I have lots of frozen portions now to mix and match. It goes without saying she eats better than I do She has a little less boobie during the day now too, and sips a bit of water after a meal (loves her new sippy cup as a novelty).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, ive been making sure i feed her before boob everytime now without fail...she is eating a bit more, and im using the old distraction technique while i stick n few mouthfuls, she ate about five spoons of lamb and veg mash for tea along with a few sultanas and about a third of one piece of la tina ricotta agnolotti...that was big solids feed for her! I just dont think she is a big eater. I will have to cook more and get inventive...will try some savoury muffins i think.