Closed Thread
Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Urgghhh
    my lovely boy has been sleeping 6am - 6pm since end of Jan, this past week a number of things have occurred .... He started pulling himself up to standing ... He got a tooth, another on the way I think, and we went to stay with his grandparents for 5 days ..... And now he is waking at 9, 11.30 and early morning around 4.30.
    we figured teething and have been giving him boob .. Tonight we tried not to at 9pm - thinking it had become a habit .... DH tried settling him for an hour, he'd dro off but wake crying again after a minute ... Finally caved and gave him boob at 10.30 ... 11pm and he's finally asleep ....

what do you reckon .... Teething ... A stage .... The disruption of staying elsewhere?
    Treat it like sleep training again ... Or give it a few more days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Amum - I had the same problem, it took ages to bring up everyone's photos but once it did everything was fine however I had to swipe the phone to get my options up and press reply and add the photo. I however lost a post, my phone evidently couldn't cope with that!

JFB - thanks, I am actually 44

Fiona
    - nurofen worked wonders for us for teething, it's an anti-inflammtory and helps with sore gums. I never used bonjela as it has asprin in it and my dentist warned me against using it on young children, I thought it was strange advice as it's been used for years but I've also seen articles written about it aswell. I also used Weleda teething powder which is homeopathic, it seemed to work but I'm not sure if it was just the distraction it caused with Evie putting something like that on her gums or it was actually working but it shut her up. Nighttime was always worse for her, probably because she wasn't able to chew on anything so I put some teething rings in her cot and found this helped too. We didn't suffer too badly with teething, the 1st bottom teeth and the canine teeth were dreadful but the others just seemed to pop up. However the 2 year molars have been causing some grief for several months on and off, they are at the moment, Evie has been a grump etc lately but it's easier to know what's wrong with her now as she's older, she wouldn't eat dinner tonight and has been generally off all day, fingers shoved up her throat to the point she gags, not wanting to go to bed etc, gave her some panadol and off she went. She tends to make alot of noise in her sleep when she's teething too so I often still wake up when I hear that. Can't wait for them to come through...teeth are a pain in the $%^* fullstop, not just for kids but you have to maintain them all your life and they cost a fricken fortune, mine are hitting me in the hip pocket at the moment.

I love our little BH Family , it's so lovely to see how all our kids are growing up, we've shared so many things over the time we've all been on here, it's hard to believe sometimes how far we've all come.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona, sounds like a combo of everything....i always find when we go away the kids sleep gets stuffed up. If i think E is teething i give her nurofen or panadol before bedtime...if she wakes up a lot in the night i give her the same as i know something must be up for her to wake up 3 or more a night...its also becoming quite cold at night so i started turning on her heater in her room which helps i think. But also the nighttime boob is very addictive! At this age with both of my kids we often had night waking ' regressions' due mostly i think to us caving in and giving a feed when the kids were sick, sleeping bad, or basically we just wanted to go back to bed! It only takes about two nights i n a row in my experience to feed them and then they would be waking up for it....weve done the same with e , she is waking 2 times again some nights....its habit forming!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - I agree - poss a combo of things. I forget his age. Could it be a wonder week?
    If I know bub is tired, clean, full and warm, but is still very unsettled, I tend to give Nurofen or panadol.
    Remember - it will pass. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We find out the sex today

Fiona I won't offer any advice - none of my kids sleep til at least 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have deleted the app, I just typed in bub hub but then had to go through it to find our thread... What do I type in to the App Store.... Just bub hub?

Sonja - so excited for u, can't wait to hear your news, I'm saying boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Amum look for bub hub. When you open it you should be able to sign in and have a tick box to remember. Then you will see at the bottom of the screen tabs like "latest" favourites" "search". Go into favourites and your subscribed threads should be there.

Sonya - yay for finding out sex today and for seeing bub again. I'm going to say boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well it's another perfect little girl.

I have to admit I felt a bit sad for Marc knowing he's going to be surrounded by females. I'm sure when the girls are in their late teens and early 20s and bringing lots of friends over he'll enjoy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sonja.....yes im sure marc might feel a bit jipped now but just think what a lovely understanding man he will be growing up with three sisters!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!

sonja, my Dad had 5 girls no boys .....
    I am sure initially he was disappointed .... But loved ALL his girls and was very very loved in return!
    congratulations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-04-2013)