Closed Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck alittle, i agree with sonja. Really have everything crossed for u that all is ok.

Sonja, well i felt like crying a bit when i drove off from daycare his morning but i was ok. She did ok, she only slept for 40 minutes so she zonked out tonight....she yelled out with delight when she saw me.....which i love about kids, i mean u never get that in your life in ant other time or with anyone else usually..a big whoopp whooooop makes u feel very popular!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja, scan is 1pm tomorrow.

JFB, glad E was ok at daycare. It brought back that familiar twinge of pain when I left A at daycare for the first time. I did not handle it very well at all. Sounds like you did remarkably well considering and at least she slept a little bit and even better, is sleeping soundly now. It's a very special "hello" at daycare pick up isn't it. A used to be gorgeous when I'd arrive to pick her up. Her face would just light up and she'd Be so excited to see her mummy. Not quite sure what's happened to that little girl now - sometimes I'm lucky to get acknowledged at all, or she'll want to stay if they are doing something really exciting. We had to take the play doh with us last time to get her to come home with me. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - hope everything is ok tomorrow . Very scary time for you, hopefully it's nothing to really worry about, I'm hoping bcs the bleeding isn't continuing with fresh blood it could be ok.

JFB - the 1st day is odd to be on your own isn't it...hope you didn't feel too 'lost', I didn't know what to do with myself when I first left Evie & missed her heaps, but quickly worked that out . I really love it when I pick her up too, I watch her until she notices me and it's so lovely to see her get so excited running towards me, she blurts out a lot of gobblygook telling me in a rush what she's done all day then she waves to the others and says 'bye kids' and rushes out the door, it's so cute. The past week she's been great when I drop her off now, she's found a little friend and she's comfortable being there now.

Bad mummy moment #56789 today - Evie dropped the F bomb for the 1st time...I try really hard not to swear around her but after years of not caring what I say it's easy to forget and let it slip...she was trying to put her gumboots on and threw a hissy fit when she couldn't get it right, hit herself in the head and says "aww F%%K!"...oops I better try harder. BUT, we had success with wees today . I bought a step ladder/seat for the toilet today which she was excited about in the shop but wasn't too keen when I got it home at first but she ended up sitting on it with a dress up cowgirl hat yelling out yehah!!...lost interest pretty soon...but later on indicated she wanted to wee and started to so I plopped her on the potty and she went. I made up a story that the Wee and Poo Fairy will give her a present if she did a wee on the toilet or potty and I put a little tinkerbell doll in a tinkerbell gift bag and hung it up where she could see it to remind her..seemed to work, however will cost me a fortune doing that all the time, have to get some cheap niknaks.

I need to get to bed, weekend was huge and I think I'm worse off today then I was yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle - any update xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    So incredibly relieved to report (I cried tears of relief) that we saw a very healthy little heartbeat this afternoon. Ob agreed to do just a tummy scan first and thankfully he easily found a perfectly good looking little bean (thanks to th 1.5lts of water I consumed to be sure). he said heart rate was about 160 and that all looked great - no signs at all of impending miscarriage. apparently the sac can look rather deflated if a out to miscarry, but he said it was lovely and full and round. So incredibly relieved and happy. I will have a scan each week now to make sure we stay on top of things and to keep me happy . Was so impressed with how attentive and reassuring Ob was today. Thanks for all of your supportive posts ladies. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle I am so relieved for you. Did he tell you to rest up as much as you can? Even though none of my bleeding meant I was at risk of miscarriage I was still advised against heavy lifting, getting kids in and out of cars etc, at leat til 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - that's so fantastic , I am extremely happy for you. I've been meaning to ask how you did this cycle, did you mentioned something about a natural cycle to collect the one follicle? reason I'm asking is a friend in my support group is still trying for bub #2, I think she's up to her 20th cycle now and just about pulling out all forms of treatment for it and I was thinking of telling her about your cycle if you didn't mind. Did you see Wazza?

I've just been to the craziest job interview ever...a small company but VERY disorganised with what the job entails and person leaving leaves Thursday so barely no training, pretty sure I won't accept it if it gets offered to me, if it does I will be asking for more money, I won't accept minimum wage for it bcs it's definately worth more. Don't like to sound negative as it is a job but I don't see the point in taking it if I don't feel I'd be happy there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done alittle that all is good with the beanie!!!

kismet...errr im terrible at swearing....i blame my mum as she actually let us swear as teenagers....even dh has mentioned that i swear a lot in front if the kids so ive. Been trying to stop...so i stopped saying F.....but started ( secretly when i think no one s around) using the C word instead ....such a bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, he actually didn't say anything about resting - I asked him and he said to just carry on as normal, so not to worry about lifting Amberly etc; I was surprised, but he was adamant that it made no difference so am kinda relieved.

Kismet, yes, It was my best cycle as far as embryo quality goes. I was only on 50 dose of Puregon and then nothing else except for trigger. I was just lucky that there were 3 follicles with two good sized ones. Bizarre really as I only expected one. Risky cycle, but I just wanted to try naturally without all of the controlling drugs. Seemed to have had a huge impact on egg quality. Having said that it could also have gone terribly wrong - I could have started to surge early (need to be closely monitored with scans and bloods) or I could have only had one egg that didn't fertilise or no good egg. So if your friend goes down that route, she needs to be very aware of the risks involved. Though after so many cycles, she may be prepared to take the risk as I was. Job sounds like it could be challenging, but yes, you definately want to make sure they pay you well and not peanuts. It's just not worth it.

JFB, Oh no not the 'C' word . Lol. I think I would prefer you say the 'F' word under your breath. I blame DH. I was a goodie two shoes when it came to swearing, but he loves saying the 'F' word as a joke thing. I don't find it funny, but because he's so loose with it, I slip and use it too. So annoyed with myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news alittle. What a load off your mind.

Jfb - spencer LOVES picking up the F word. A while ago he kept saying "oh f***" very appropriately. We blamed ourselves until we realised we don't say it in that context. DH's dad went off to Croatia and he stopped saying it!
    Then ... We went on a holiday together and S picked up FFS from DH. I can say it wasn't from me even though I can sometimes have a potty mouth, because he didn't start until DH was around a lot! (I'm sticking with that).
    We went to mum and dad's for tea and I asked him if he wanted done jelly and Ice cream. He sat patiently at the table while I went to the kitchen. I got distracted with being told what to use etc, and was taking a while. All the time he was shifting impatiently in his seat and craning his neck to see what was taking so long, until he muttered "oh ffs" and got off the chair to come and find me! My DH almost fell off his chair and had a time of it trying not to laugh.