Closed Thread
Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They like you to be on the pill for at least 2 weeks then you stop and it will induce a period and it's the start of the cycle.
    So for you I would guess that you start the pill today and take it for 2 weeks, then stop, then you'd start injecting a few days later, and EPU would work out to be mid April. How exciting! Hope your scan goes well and you're good to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    It all went great I started the pill bought all the drugs home too so I dont need to travel back on that occasion in 2 weeks to pick up as its a 4.5 hour round trip. Just gotta figure out how I do all the scans, epu and transfer in aprik

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck mrsmax xx
    Ouch to the round trip time!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kittybee.

How are you going Mrs Hopeful you must be getting close to egg pick up?

I think I will start gonal the sunday after this... I feel silly because ive had lots of needles and all you girls do it all the time but never actually given myself one so im cringing about it but I guess once I do one I will be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac the first needle is always the worst. More the anticipation of it than the needle itself. After you do that first one you'll be fine with the rest.

I have bloods & scan on Friday to see what's happening, then again on Monday. EPU is scheduled for next Friday, but last cycle it ended up being the Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes this time. I'm on a higher dose so hopefully have some more eggs as I only got 2 last time of which only 1 fertilised.

Good luck with your first jab, just relax and you'll be fine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm im going to have to get used to the unpredictabilty of our bodily responses too arent I so is dh...with trying to plan work.. and the drive I guess once I get confident with how to get there by myself it will be nothing to zip down..though...blood tests at 8.45am...must be by 9 they told me with 2 hour drive in non peak traffic I think I need to allow 3 hours that time of day which means I get up at ummm 4.45am not too bad.lol..every second day...I was going to try and stay at my sisters at mt gravatt the week of scans and epu and dh needs to give notice for a day off work he has his name down on the predicted dat and et day but...who knows first time what will happen..? He hasnt had a sickie in 5 years...

I have a bit of a phobia about driving since my rupture....not always good anyway in heavy traffic bit of a country girl...funny how trauma affects you though its like death can come from anywhere...its prob all good for my on going recovery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it is so hard to predict what is going to happen, definitely need to have some sort of flexibility. That sounds like a great plan if you can stay at Mt Gravatt for the week that will make it much easier for you when having scans & bloods every 2nd day.
    Do you start injecting this Sunday?

I am triggering tonight with EPU booked for Wednesday morning. Have only got 4 follies but low e2 levels so might only get 1-2 eggs. Disappointing but hoping that we'll get at least 1 good one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did EPU go? I have heard plenty go fine with small amount of eggs. Yes I had first bt after pill yest and ring today for the go ahead to start jabbing sunday.

I heard in hospital after my surgery that i still had a stump of a tube left I was led to believe again incorrectly that I would never have an ectopic again.., ie the tube is cut at the uterus ..I received discharge papers the other day 2 months later indicating evidence of fimbriotomy which means the end near the ovary has only been removed which really annoys me...why would they leave anything there and why would the hospital not tell me this when they knew I was going to do ivf the embryo can very definately be sucked up there now ....called the hospital and asked if someone could actually tell me exactly what is there so I can look after myself but ofcourse noone has called

Last edited by mrsmac123; 27-03-2014 at 07:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I have no advice for you re the tube & chances of ectopic. I really hope you get some answers from the hospital. Yay for doing your first jab & getting started!

EPU went ok, halfway thru I thought it was finished so stopped the gas & started chatting to them but then she stuck the needle in the other side and it killed so I quickly sucked down the gas again. Only got 1 egg. I was super upset & disappointed.
    BUT, I got the call just now that it fertilised yay! Going back for transfer tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for the golden egg! Very exciting I hope it works for you this time. I am a little apprehensive about epu when I had my scan they said one of my ovaries is a bit harder to reach and she was just checking so they could adjust what drug levels to give me. Also they did make issue about my weight at my first appt and this was to do with positioning of organs in your body when you are fatter and had to lose 20kgs before I coukd start so I am very aware that I am only just there...it doesnt hurt much does it?

As for ectopics I was just letting off steam I dont expect anyone hereto know im just stumped how to get information about my own body from pple who should know especially since its less than 2 months ago that lack of correct info and being brushed off nearly killed me.