Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    9 +1 for me. Finally went to the doc today to beg for a scan referral because i was getting paranoid so im booked in next tues for a scan to see how my minion is doing, hopefully well happy and healthy!. Still no MS but every other symptom you can think of i have I also have to pay for all of my ultrasounds apparently... no healthcare card so maybe thats the reason?
    Edit your sig, Go to User Panel, then down in the left hand panel under My Settings select Edit Siggy, ta dah!
    btw nice bt results!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's a 'healthcare card' kittybee? Private health fund card?? I didn't upgrade my private healthcare to include obstetrics, kept meaning to but never got round to it, which is fine as I never really wanted to go private anyway (unless twins onboard)...I work in the public system & we have a perfectly good maternity service there. A couple of friends & many colleagues have used it and have nothing but positive stories. I shouldn't imagine there will be many ultrasounds unless any issues arise?? When is the 'norm'?? I'm from the UK and the initial (only) ultrasound is usually carried out around 12 weeks, I read somewhere that they're done around 16-20 weeks here, would that be right?? I know most people have dating scans earlier, which is probably why there's no need for another at 12weeks. But if your keen to have another now, good on ye for getting round the doctor!!lol
    Can't believe I forgot to mention before that I have been ridiculously tired, another symptom to add to the list, and today...terribly nauseated pretty much all day, but no vomiting thank god. No breast tenderness at all. Its all very surreal. Really need to work on upping my fluid intake. Paranoid that I'm going to balloon in all the wrong places. I've already put weight on prior to transfer...and I can't even blame that on drugs cos it was a non medicated FET. On the lookout for a local preggers fitness class!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Papillon For This Useful Post:

Kittybee  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Health Care Card
    Provides help with the cost of prescription medicine under PBS, Australian government funded medical services, and access to state, territory and local government concessions."

here you have a dating scan around 7-8 weeks, then a nt scan at 12, then a morphology scan about 18 weeks, then one a bit further down uhhhh maybe 26 weeks? i cant remember lol, 4.30am here, just woke up and now im off to work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam- sorry to hear this, hope your doing well.
    Pappilion- I'm from the UK too, how long have u been out here?
    Kitty bee, my scan at 9 weeks was bulk billed, I had to pay for my NT scan, but got some money back from Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe its just because its one i asked for and not one i was "given". On tues i will pay $85 for the US, and the gap will be about $12.50 which isn't something i would complain about even if i didn't get any back for peace of mind. Also it wasn't my usual doc that gave me the referral. But when i booked the scan in, she also gave me i guess "their" price for the nt & morph scan, which both came out as $200 each, and she said id only get back about $20 from medicare. So when i see my normal doc next week i will discuss it with him i guess and find out what the go is. My sister has 3 kids and she never had to pay for a single one, but she is a single mother on single parent pension, so im guessing that's the difference. We will see next week anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybee View Post
    "Health Care Card
    Provides help with the cost of prescription medicine under PBS, Australian government funded medical services, and access to state, territory and local government concessions."

here you have a dating scan around 7-8 weeks, then a nt scan at 12, then a morphology scan about 18 weeks, then one a bit further down uhhhh maybe 26 weeks? i cant remember lol, 4.30am here, just woke up and now im off to work!
    Wow, that is a lot of scans! I don't recall anyone I know having as many here. I looked up the maternity I'll be using online & the advice is to obtain a gp referral prior to 16week scan. Morphology?? I look forward to seeing a heartbeat etc but I have no interest in finding out sex or doing the 3d scans (they freak me out). So if I want more - then I can pay for additional?? I know the research isn't conclusive, but I believe theres no smoke without fire & I'd be hesitant re: having further scans towards the end of pregnancy unless I have a medical reason for doing so. Goodness, I have so much to learn, perhaps I should book in with GP sooner rather than later, just for information on what to expect I guess. I just don't want to pester my GP until I'm a little more certain the pregnancy is viable. I mean what can they really do for me up until 12weeks anyway? Full blood count, blood group & HIV status + referral that won't be acted upon until >12 weeks?
    Hey Twiglets, we've been out 4 years. How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Usually the first scan people have is the 12 week nuchal, however lots of ladies get dating scans earlier but these do not replace the nuchal. You have a scan at 20 weeks and thats usually all unless the need to check something. Medicare give you 1 scan for free.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, I have had so many scans!
    I never got any free scans only one I had to get early because I was bleeding at 7 weeks. I paid 200 for each scan & got $85 back from medicare. If you have already reached the safety net you will get more back. I do shared care & got gp referrals for all my scans. You really only need to do the 12 week Nuchal & the 20 week Morphology scans. Unless they feel there could be a problem after that. My placenta was low at my 20 week scan so I had to have another scan at 28 weeks. We still had to pay 200 for the scan but because had reached the safety net by then we got like 130 back from medicare. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Qloulou; 13-10-2013 at 09:37.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qloulou For This Useful Post:

Kittybee  (13-10-2013),Papillon  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg Qlou not long to go now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies!!

Hope you're well Sammy xx

I'm 10+5 today and my NT can't some soon enough. I'm so stressed/anxious about my lack of symptoms and having had a missed mc. Ive got to the point where I'm struggling to sleep again, I can't do this for the next 6 months. Yesterday I decided I needed cheering up and went out shopping. Got $100 worth of gender neutral body suits from big w and target. I really have no idea what we need in the way of clothes especially with it going into winter not long after my due date. I went looking for a pram but didn't like anything. Pap I've had two scans so far, the one at the clinic and one at 9 weeks with two more to go.