Closed Thread
Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all. I'm happy to report my scan went well. We've got one on board with a heartrate of 125. It was such an amazing moment seeing & hearing that heartbeat, I can't wait for you all to experience it. For anyone interested, Ben delivers at Mater Mothers now, I've just rebooked with him through Eve Health.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

MrsAIS  (20-09-2013),mrsmac123  (19-09-2013),ShazzyV  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Ngaiz, certainly makes me excited to read. You ladies sure are strong and persistent, I fear I am not going to have the emotional strength (or money) to believe it can happen to me long enough. Funnily the thing I look forward to the most is rubbing my big bump.

I have been reading hundreds of posts on the Springwood clinic threads, I haven't gotten a good idea though of time frames...I cannot get in for my first appointment until 12 Nov, then they say 6-8 weeks after that for the next appt because the chromosonal tests take that long...how long after that will I be able to start my first cycle? I am 41 on Dec 5 so the clock is ticking...fast...and I am not the most patient person at the best of times hehe. Also by my calcs my 2nd appt will be around christmas time which I just know will delay things even more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mrsmac123,
    I remember being so scared that I would go insane from all the emotional stress during IVF. I honestly thought that if it didn't work first time I would lose my mind. I have done the depression/ anxiety thing many times in my life and was terrified this would bring it back. For me though I have found it easier than I expected. I think the feeling that you're doing something pro-active helps balance out all the other crap. Of course there have been days where I spiral into a pit of despair, but I manage to pull myself out because there is another appointment to prepare for, another thing to do. And this forum helps on those days too. From my experience of IVF so far I have found it to be empowering in some ways because I have discovered that when it matters enough I can be SO MUCH stronger than I ever thought I could. I am sure you will find the same thing. Waiting in my opinion is much worse psychologically than the actual IVF process. Don't be scared- you can do it!

As for money- of course we all have our limit but we've been "broke as..." for months now. Both DH and I are self-emplyed and its been slow but we seem to just find the money somewhere (and never add it all up )

Once your chromosomal tests come back and all is clear I think you're pretty much "in" then. Christmas may put you back by a few weeks but they'll probably put you on the pill so that they can control the timing of you cycle and then bang! it all starts.
    Good luck and use this forum whenever you need some TLC- We are all in this together

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac123 View Post
    Great news Ngaiz, certainly makes me excited to read. You ladies sure are strong and persistent, I fear I am not going to have the emotional strength (or money) to believe it can happen to me long enough. Funnily the thing I look forward to the most is rubbing my big bump.

I have been reading hundreds of posts on the Springwood clinic threads, I haven't gotten a good idea though of time frames...I cannot get in for my first appointment until 12 Nov, then they say 6-8 weeks after that for the next appt because the chromosonal tests take that long...how long after that will I be able to start my first cycle? I am 41 on Dec 5 so the clock is ticking...fast...and I am not the most patient person at the best of times hehe. Also by my calcs my 2nd appt will be around christmas time which I just know will delay things even more

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ShazzyV For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my hubby is in it with me, but I sense that I could quite easily drive him nuts with it. For instance, I had been spiralling since I turned 40 in Dec trying to come to terms with the end of the line and not wanting to ruin us because of my own needs and really disinterested in sex...actually disinterested in everything, now...well...I keep saying...wanna try and catch an egg, morning and night...well he thinks he is super sperm so here and there will be fine enough to round up 1 measley egg where I am like...what if its not getting in to the right place, hes like later later!!! I know I am also one of those OCD preg testers so I have already been on ebay and ordered a 20 pack of them and 20 pack of ovulation ones...

I have also had a problem with depression and anxiety nearly all my life so I can yoyo pretty bad but I feel a lot different now than I did last time we tried, also not working full time away from home helps, I think that it has all related to my conception problems since I was 18 anyway, even though I have spent the last 10 years "ignoring" it
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 18-09-2013 at 09:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so happy for you Ngaiz! Hearing the heartbeat is so beautiful. I cried when I first heard my little fella's & my hubby had tears in his eye's.

I still can't believe i'm pregnant, even though I'm 35 weeks tomorrow! I honestly thought it would never happen. All I could see is my low amh. As rough as this road can be, I do believe when you do get there it makes you a better parent. I will always see my bub as a blessing & never take my role as a mother for granted.

Sending you all Xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Qloulou For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome Njaiz! They didn't do the heart rate at my scan but I saw the flicker. It's cool. Having another scan this Monday so we shall see how that goes. I'll breathe a little easier once I have that one.

I did have an appointment with Dr Ben actually but cancelled it because the Mater now does not do 'intermittent' care. Basically my private health covered a private ob in a public ward (which they have) but now they only allow you to have a private ob if you're staying on the private ward. Was so bummed but I'm now going with a private midwife (costs about the same) and having bub at Gold Coast Hospital which I'm excited about. Dr Ben's management fee is quite exy though - one of the most expensive going around. He's certainly on the higher end of costs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingforbaby4 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations all the pregnant ladies it is wonderful wonderful news and so great to give me hope. I can't imagine myself ever being a mother but I guess I could never imagine being 40 either. I know it is true about being a better mother, I cannot wait and hope I have a morning sickness vomit if that is anything to go by!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrsmac, welcome. My best advice is to start Levlen right away, the nurses usually give you a script at your first appointment. That way, you're ready to go as soon as you chromosome tests come back. Your cycle can be planned at that appointment and you can start injecting the very next week if it's not too busy. Your dh needs to be at that appointment for them to discuss his results otherwise it's another appointment.

Hi shazzy.

Thanks trying, was a pretty special moment. Do you remember how much it was? I asked him yesterday and he thought it was around $2800 but wasn't sure. The other group I was booked in with is that price so I don't mind, I just want to go to the Mater. After everything we've been through I'm pretty paranoid and I want a fully equipped hospital with the option to opt bub out of private and into public if anything goes wrong. The way I see it is if I'm prepared, I won't need it, wishful thinking I guess.

Qlou-I can't believe you only have 5 weeks to go!!

Pap-when are you going in for FET?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (19-09-2013),Qloulou  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pap, thinking of you...hope all is going ok with the FET.

Ngaiz, yes it's about $2800 but his first appoint is about $270 and each one after that is about $100. I asked around with my friends and they said their OB's management fees were around $1500-$1800 so he is more expensive. My sister had both hers private at the Mater and she paid $1800 for the latest one. I had mine public at the Mater and it was a great experience but they've really cracked down on catchments (even though I was never in the catchement before) so I can't go there now (which I was bummed about) hence why I'm going down the private road this time. Which ever way you go you will have a good experience I'm sure.

Qlou - WOW to only 5 weeks. That has gone super fast. I look forward to hearing the news of bubs safe arrival!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingforbaby4 For This Useful Post:

Qloulou  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah those prices address the same as arrivals. It is so expensive to to private after what we've already forked out but because I don't really drive I needed someone within walking distance to Mater (I work there). I called admissions to ask about going public as I'm only 400m outside the catchment but the receptionist said there was no chance unless I was high risk. I was a little annoyed though because I see everyone's addresses and I know many of them weren't high risk so I would love to know how they got in. There are lots of people who change their address with Medicare to get in.

Mumsical did you have your bt this week?

It's quiet in here now, I hope everyone is well.