Closed Thread
Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mumsical, I hope your DH super sperm make themselves at home in your egg and it grows into something beautiful, wouldn't that be great! Although it didn't end well, I had a miracle happen after my second cycle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Mumsical  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Pap Do you think you have a lining issue? Hopefully not and I agree with Ngaiz - FET have the best success rates and will be so nice to do a drug free cycle

Ngaiz - yay for starting the round! I've heard a few people taking Endone - do you tell the clinic you are taking it? Last time at my EPU I took 3 nurofen plus on the drive to the clinic - so had that, the valium plus the panadine forte they give you. I was off with the fairies and falling off my chair hahaha.

5 days until I can start testing haaha. I love testing :P

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so excited this morning that I've been awake since 2:30!! Haha. I have a pretty high pain threshold but I don't seem to metabolise drugs. I'm still wide awake with 2 Endone, 2 Panadeine and 3 diazepam, just a little bit spaced out. I demanded a script for it haha. I'm currently trying to make acupuncture appointments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Pap, you know I would give you a hug if I could. Big loves to you and I hope you find out a little bit more and the next beautiful embie transferred will implant perfectly.

Bethy, congrats! I personally love the announcements because it gives me hope. Be sure to give us an update or three. Are you find out the gender?

Mumsical, good luck with the natural cycle. Can't remember the last time I tried naturally.

Ngaiz, yay on starting! Fabulous new. I started last week so today was day 7 of injections. I have a scan tomorrow to see how my follies are going. The first scan showed 6 on right and 2 on the left - all around 9-10mm (which apparently is about right). I'm hoping they've grown bigger tomorrow to about 14mm.

I really want to get myself some frosties this time as this is my 4th fresh cycle in a row and I am a bit tired of the whole process and would love to give my body a break. I can realistically only fit one more fresh cycle in this year and I'm not sure we will keep trying (given we have children) for another year. So this year is it.

I will be transferring two this cycle which is exciting, but I do worry about twins and the high risk nature of the pregnancy. I guess we will decide come transfer day. I do want to freeze but I don't wont to fork out $1550 for 2 blasts, but then maybe 2 blasts are worth $1550. If I get a BFP this round we will never use those frosties. Anyway, something I've been thinking about.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingforbaby4 For This Useful Post:

Papillon  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh is that how much it is to freeze? I had $750 in my head lol, wow that is something to consider... Totally worth it for at least 3 or 4 blasties but less than that? Hmmm. I really want to try to get some frozen too. I was on 100 puregon last time but only got 2 eggs. If we end up cycling again in a few weeks my dose will be 137.5. But I doubt thats enough to bring on very many hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it's $1550 to freeze for 12 months (and then 6 monthly after that). Plus, I beleive it's about $700+ for each FET cycle (could be more I haven't looked into it). So essentially it can be quite costly especially if you can squeeze in another fresh cycle at $600. So I guess what I am saying is that if I get 'two' blasts only it's really not worth paying close to $2,400 for effectively one chance (since I will be trasnferring two). It's better economically (though of course not better on the body) to do another fresh cycle and transfer two from that.

And of course if I get BFP this round, I won't ever need those embies and well, I've just dropped $1500 for nothing.

I have lots to think about but will have to wait and see how many come through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    I was on 100 puregon last time but only got 2 eggs. If we end up cycling again in a few weeks my dose will be 137.5. But I doubt thats enough to bring on very many hey
    it doesn't really work like that. Sure I went from 5 to 12 eggs on the same dose 100iu ...yet I only got 1 egg first cycle on 75-100iu. I reckon I had mild OHSS this cycle...I'd hate to end up with more severe OHSS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend acupuncture!! It increased my egg numbers from 7 to 14!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH just let me stab him with my Puregon pen!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Mumsical  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    DH just let me stab him with my Puregon pen!!!
    Why!? Why would you do that? lol