Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, that's sad re the facebook group What happened. I find it mostly a supportive place though I do try to post often. I find that if you don't become 'known' you will get missed. I hope AF arrives for you soon so that you can get straight back on it!

I know Kittybee - so many positives lately. I hope it's our turn when cycling next . Not long for you to cycle again. Isn't it August some time?

Pap, the first week is nearly over. Wahooo!

I have started jabbing today for the 4th time. It certainly gets easier the more you do it. I can do it with my eyes closed these days. I am not doing cetrotide this time though (doing orgalutran ?) for the first time so it will be good not having to mix it up each day. Will save some time! Plus I was getting terrible headaches with the cetrodtide so I will be glad to switch it over. I am really looking forward to, but nervous, about my first scan. I am hoping for more than 2 follies this time so we shall see! I can't say I won't be disappointed if it's low numbers again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Hopes & Fears

Hi Ladies, i am 21 (young i know) and have endometriosis and have been trying for about 3 years now with my husband. we have been told that our only option now is IVF and i have booked an appointment for January with TFC and fingers crossed everything moves quickly from there! i had a read of all the posts and it may be nice to talk to someone who has been through or going through what im about to because i am petrified!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome MrsAIS. Try not to be scared I have just done my first cycle and I was a bit freaked out by the concept and egg collection mostly but now that its done it really wasn't so bad and honestly a bit of a relief to be doing something different than TTC naturally and temping/opks etc. Hopefully you will soon be cycling and get lucky on that first go

Papillon - when is your BT re-booked for? Do you usually get AF while on Crinone? I did - right on time at 12/13 days past EPU (I spotted on day 12). Next time I wont let them book my BT so late (16 days past EPU) but will push them into an earlier date as there is no point.

Tryingforbaby4 - You must be a pro at jabbing Really hope this is the lucky one for you. Have all your cycles been at this clinic?

Ngaiz - I have just joined the facebook group too. Have not worked out who anyone is except twiglets but that was easy as she got her BFP haha. I am making an effort to post and comment so that I can get to know the ladies in there which I'm hoping will be worthwhile once I am "in the fold" so to speak. Every time I go to an appt I am sussing the other ladies waiting out trying to see if I recognise any from their profile pictures haha

Time is just going so slowly for me atm. DH is away this week but gets home tomorrow. I'm keen to start DTD. Currently CD 11 but I have had EWCM since monday. OPK's are neg but today's was getting darker so I might get a positive sooner than usual this month. I usually ovulate day 15-17. The clinic said that I might ovulate later as that is most common after a stimulated cycle but I'm glad it doesn't look like that will be the case for me. Hopefully we catch this eggie over the weekend!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

MrsAIS  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome MrsAIS!

Haha you gossip queen Pap. It wasnt all too bad, first one was disappointment at my praise for a doctor no one else seemed to like. He is highly respected in his field and at the hospital I work at. But my opinion was against the flow of popular belief. I was an onlooker for months before I contributed but was compelled to on two occasions. One where another member asked everyone to consider blood donation as its what the embryos are grown in. Everyone hit the fan about not being informed and I suggested people do some research as I only had a little information on it, whoops! The comment that made me leave was when myself and another member were acused of bullying when stating facts about increased bmi and pregnancy complications. A question was asked about why there was a strict bmi rule. The other member commented on the increased risks associated which was shot down with reply stating it was rubbish and that it had everything to do with the drugs used at epu. As I have 10+ years experience in pharmacy I commented that it was incorrect and it was all to do with the risks and the government not wanting to subsidise a comlicated pregnancy/premature birth. I was shot down, told that I was offending all the overweight ladies and being a bully. I left the group there and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Ngaiz, you sound just like me. I have to bite my tongue so many times. I can't get involved in heated debates. What's this about embryo's growing in blood products though?? I thought they were preserved in a synthetic/ artificial culture medium??

welcome MrsAIS, when was your endometriosis diagnosed? Did you have it staged /excised? No need to be petrified, I reckon the ivf process (at our clinic at least) is a breeze. Takes the pressure off after years of ttc naturally with opk's, timed intercourse etc. it's great to let go of the steering wheel & have someone else take control. Eliminates a lot of the stress - well, I personally feel that way, but the 2ww sucks either way!!

ive put my bt off til Friday, they said I could come in earlier, Wednesday maybe?? But I don't want to do it too early either. If its positive (dare I tempt fate) I want to have at least given enough time for bHcg to rise. But I'll have to POAS before then!! I'll not get AF till at least 14 days post or when I stop taking crinone for 2 days.

hey trying4, I only used orgalutang the 1st round. What's the difference (besides having to mix the cetrotide?) I don't really notice any side affects or anything that I can attribute to any particular drug. The dr had prescribed orgalutang for me last cycle & the nurses queried it!?? Because I had a good response to cetrotide on the previous cycle!! They asked me to choose & I was like "whatever, wtf do I know" lol.

So 6dp3dt - I defo think it's 6 & not 7...that's me counting from Sat, Sun, Mon...after transfer. 6dp3dt & I'm finally losing a bit of bloat. Not sure this is a good thing or not!? If attributed to enlarged ovaries/ mild OHSS it should get worse after implantation surely?? Anyway, I'm glad it's going down as was very uncomfortable & I shouldn't look like that until at least 4 months UTD!!

hoping for a speedy week ahead!! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG Ngaiz - I have been in trouble for exactly the same thing. On bub hub rather than FB though haha. I think it was in answer to a women who was obese, had PCOS and FS wouldn't do IVF until she was under BMI of 35. She was angry at the docs and thought that she was "happy" with herself and accepted her size as the way she was so thought that this was the most important thing. I argued till blue in the face that it really is beneficial not just for her self but if she falls pregnant to get her weight down a bit as the risk of complications, GD, increased need of c-sections etc are not to be taken lightly. Not to mention how hard pregnancy is on your body. I was a healthy weight with my DS and it was even hard on me - imagine if I was 50kgs heavier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was my 4th cycle?

Welcome mrsais. I've also suffered from endo in the past! The ladies here on fb and at TFC are lovely - so no need to be nervous.

So I'm no longer anonymous- I better watch what I say lol ;-) I don't remember those conversations so must have been before my time.

Qloulou when are u due? Where are u giving birth??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! It's great to see so many new people here now :-) when I was going through IVF at TFC it was just the same people posting all the time. I am 18 weeks pregnant with a healthy little boy thanks to TFC!!! I do keep updated on this thread to see how everyone is going. I didn't post when I got my BFP as I found when I was TTC all this forum was about was the pregnant people and their pregnancies which got me down a bit. I just wanted to wish you all luck and if you have any questions please ask away :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Guys,

Ngaiz: Wow people can be strange. I never joined the facebook page. I always found lots of support here & found your advice very informative! I have a bmi of 28. I lost 10 kgs before ivf on weight watchers. To be honest now I'm pregnant I wish I had lots another 5kg before hand. Some times people can't handle the truth.

Twiglets: My Edd is now the 24/10/12. A week after my b'day! I'm doing shared care with my gp & going to Redlands public. A public hospital where you get your own room & only have to share a bathroom. They have been really good so far. Where are you planing to go? I was gonna go private but the ob management fee's are crazy. Anywhere from 3,000-10,000 that you can't claim. Although I think if we were having twins or a complicated pregancy we would have thought about it.

Bethy: Yay! 18 weeks that great! Congrats on your little man Xx

I havn't been posting much either for the same reason as Bethy because I know it's hard to hear regular updates on others pregnancies when your ttc. I do how-ever read the thread regularly. So good to see some more Bpf'S! Hope you all get yours soon! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning everyone! AF decided to show early so I'm waiting at pathology for bloods and DH is on his way to collect meds. It's all happening so fast.