Closed Thread
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LadiesI'm new to IVF and this clinic. Have just undergone my first transfer 4 days ago. I've found the clinic to be wonderful and the staff all so so lovely. The low cost also really takes the pressure off. We have a little boy just turned 2 yesterday. Was a natural conception a few months after coming off implanon - no charting or anything. We wanted another straight away and have been mystified that it has not happened again. I am like clockwork with correct hormone levels, definitely ovulating and DH's semen came back exceptionally well. TTC and 19 cycles of BFN has really upset us and so we thought to give IVF a try. I'd love to hear your stories and look forward to positive outcomes for us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome and mumsical. How did your 1st cycle go? Many eggs retrieved? Any frosties?

jabbing going according to plan. Will wait & see how this cycle progresses. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Papillon

First cycle was good - was all a lot less scary than I had imagined. Only got 2 eggs at EPU - they said if we need to do more cycles they will up my dosage or give me a little longer to let eggs mature. I usually have 28 day cycles but ovulate around day 16 with a 12 day LP so not sure if that has anything to do with it as EPU was done on CD 14 (actually scheduled earlier but they pushed me back after my second scan to give me more time) Both eggs were fertilised and we picked the best one to transfer. The other egg was a little slow to grow so we decided against going any further with that one.

I am having high temps though which I am struggling to keep down. It was high at transfer which is why they said to monitor it. Apparently if it stays over 37.1 it will affect implantation. I think its the crinone gel making them high. DH is a doctor and I am not sick or coming down with anything so its the only explanation. I have had a constant headache since starting Crinone so I think its somehow associated. Stupid temps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mumsical, I only got one egg on 1st cycle. I was on 75iu of gonal f which they upped to 100 & had to stim for a little bit longer but as you will know, 1st round is trial & error - finding the right dose etc. some get lucky, you may too.
    I don't think they've ever checked my temp for pick up never mind transfer. I know they do my bp for pick-up given its a 'procedure'. Did you tell them you felt 'feverish' or maybe they're just keeping on their toes due to hubby being a doctor lol. Is 37.1 considered high basal temp during transfer/implantation? I never charted temps long enough to fully get my head around it. I wouldn't dwell on it, fever varies from textbook to doctor, I personally follow the rule of thumb that 37.5 is low grade and fever is generally >38, obvs person dependent. Its also been said that lower immunity, cold/flu etc during implantation can help the pregnancy take. The crinone gel is awful. I get very grumpy and lethargic on it as well as headaches, much like the pill...too many hormones. Sucks, but if it helps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree this gel is awful. I wonder how long you have to use it for if you do get a BFP. My temp was taken at transfer by the nurse before we even went into the room. At the same time my BP was done. I hadnt said anything and wasn't expecting it to be elevated. It was just the quick one in the ear. Now that I am monitoring my temp and taking it easy (no gym or netball for me boo hoo) i note it goes up to 37.5 as soon as I start walking around. If I am sitting its around 37.3 and the only time its in an acceptable range for implantation is when I am laying down. Im taking temps vaginally too so its more accurate. I actually phoned them to say it got up to 37.6 and they said go to my GP. Dh checked me and said Im fine. If I was getting sick I would have come down with something by now. Its been 5 days.

I somehow I get the feeling this cycle will be a bust and that the next one will work. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Pap! I can't wait to hear how you go

They took my temp too at the last transfer Mumsical and it was the high 37s and she asked if I felt fine. I did. I didn't take it again. If I were you I wouldn't keep taking it as it's going to do your head in lol. It's not like you can change it or anything. I had to stop charting before IVF because I honestly lived and breathed temps and it was doing me no good at all.

In my 2nd cycle I only got 2 eggs and transferred one which ended in a chemical pregnancy. That was my best cycle yet. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good advice there Tryingforbaby4. Think I might just take it as it has me a bit worried. Where are you up to now with your next round? FX the next one will be lucky for you and you get another positive that sticks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mumsical,

I'm also on the 2ww, u must be a few days ahead of me. When's your BT?

I've forgotten how long these two weeks are. Work is really quiet and time seems to be standing still.

Where's everyone else at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go twiglets?? Was this a fresh or frozen cycle? I'm on last few days of stims, EPU this week, transferring 2 this time around. Hopeful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's frozen cycle today is 6dp5dt. Thinking I'll poas on Wed.

How many follicles have u got? When's ur epu??