Closed Thread
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've heard the same too about embryos developing too fast. That they're the ones that tend to stop dividing at day4-5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, after all the reading up I done prior to this cycle it wasn't sitting right with me. I'm glad she got that other advice from QFG as I was really conflicted about freezing. In the end I reckon my gut instinct was right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little embies at day 2, were still a 2 cell and the 5 cell...they opted for the 5 cell but I would have preferred a 4 cell for sure. The 2 cell wasn't suitable for freezing and I think discarded when it reached 5 cell (which wasn't until day 4).

I'm hoping next time for a day 3 transfer and a lovely, perfect 8 cell.

Part of me doesn't want the dilemma of freezing (the cost is very prohibitive for us right now) so I would be happy for 2 lovely embies again. But the stress of just getting two and hoping that one freezes etc is more than I think I can handle again.

On the other hand, this is my third round of injecting since January and it's taking it's toll (with being hormonal and the weight gain) so if I could get a nice number (say 4 to freeze) I would be wrapped with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't freeze any from my two cycles last year due to finances. Ive since read a lot about the increased success rates of FET and will be freezing everything this time. If I get another bfn we will do PGD on the poorer quality ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I didn't freeze any from my two cycles last year due to finances. Ive since read a lot about the increased success rates of FET and will be freezing everything this time. If I get another bfn we will do PGD on the poorer quality ones.
    When I was at the clinic picking up my drugs the other day I was chatting with the nurse (mental blank as to name) and she said they've had a lot of positives lately and most have come from FET.

I just hope I can get enough to warrant freezing taking into account the risk of thawing etc. I would hate to freeze just two and then have them die on thawing with out even getting the chance of transferring.
    Last edited by tryingforbaby4; 15-05-2013 at 11:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel totally the same. I can't justify freezing just 2...even 3 seems low. 4-5 reasonable embies & I might like to freeze. I'm concerned though that with 5 eggs this cycle - only 4 fertilised, despite the 5th unfertilised being mature. & of the 4 that fertilised, only 1 was good for transfer, the rest pretty poor. The''re likely to use the same regime next time I would imagine. What more can I do to help the quality?? Are you on same dose this time around trying4?x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would prefer another 3 day transfer also. Been reading about GIFT recently, concerns me that 2 days, even 3 might be too soon to return them as naturally they'd most likely just be exiting the Fallopian tubes around this phase. But at the same time, the embies are better in the body than culture medium.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Feel totally the same. I can't justify freezing just 2...even 3 seems low. 4-5 reasonable embies & I might like to freeze. I'm concerned though that with 5 eggs this cycle - only 4 fertilised, despite the 5th unfertilised being mature. & of the 4 that fertilised, only 1 was good for transfer, the rest pretty poor. The''re likely to use the same regime next time I would imagine. What more can I do to help the quality?? Are you on same dose this time around trying4?x
    1st cycle I was 150 which resulted in OHSS. Second 100 but nothing happened for a week and went to 125 but only 3 follies, 2 eggs. Tomorrow I'm starting on 137.5 with Gonal f (same as last cycle). Hoping to find the happy medium but you just never know. I have really high AMH but you wouldn't know it by last cycles egg yield lol.

I can't justify it either...I would like 3 amazing ones to consider it but really for $1500 and $700 for FET (compared to at least two more cycles for me this year at $550) I wouldn't want anything less than 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. How is everyone doing? Got my blood test tomor (which I know is gonna be another BFN), dreading AF - been very sore. Don't think crinone helps. Had discussion with hubby, 3rd cycle will be the last. I have entered a new phase whereby I am more accepting of the fact I may never have a baby. If its meant to be and all that...
    Feeling a lot more at peace. This cycle has been pretty easy (emotionally) compared with the first. Have any of you set a limit on number of cycles?? I always had 3 in the back of my mind. I don't wanna be doing this 8+ times. I'm hoping I will fall naturally. Maybe I need further investigation but as tfc doesn't provide this I see no point in continuing with lots of failed cycles. Fingers crossed I'm proven wrong & the bHCG is positive (highly unlikely) and if I go on to IVF #3 (hoping for 2 embryo trf) it will be a success - otherwise, for me, time to let nature decide.

hope everyone is well, I'll be sure to confirm results 1 way or the other.xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chin up Papillion!! Have you POAS? AF always arrived before BT for me, crinone did nothing to hold it off.
    DH and I haven't really talked about a limit but we have decided if this next one doesn't work we are going to have our extra embryos (if we have any) sent for testing. I will also transfer over to the main clinic where I can have further tests conducted. We save up and don't use our credit card so if the money isn't in the bank we can't cycle. In saying that I don't want to be a long termer and I dont want to be still doing this in 10 years time, 4 is hard enough. I'll raise a glass to all those couples who carry on.