Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Transferred d2 4cg4 embie, the rest weren't good for the freezer. PUPO - taking it in my stride, omitting everything from my diet done nothing for me last time. Crinone is making me the demon from hell at the moment, or at least that's what I'm blaming!!
    Cant blv how far along you are already Qloulou.really hope 3rd time is the charm for you trying4.x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow mrs s can't believe Maddy is already 9 weeks.

Pap-I've never been told the quality of my embryos, what do the numbers mean?

Hi everyone else-hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks lady's hope you are all well xxx best wishes to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Wow mrs s can't believe Maddy is already 9 weeks.

Pap-I've never been told the quality of my embryos, what do the numbers mean?

Hi everyone else-hope you are all well.
    well, I've done a little bit of background reading on this so just want to point out that some clinics use a different grading system. At tfc grade 1-4, low to high (think reverse pain scale) the lower the number, ie 1=poorer quality 4=best (it may even go up to 5, not sure, none of mine were 5 anyway. Good quality embryo's divide appropriately according to days post fertilisation. eg, at 24hrs you'd expect to see 2 cells, 48hrs 4 or more, 3 days 6-8 or more. The cells within the embryo must be equal in size, at this early stage the overall embryo is no bigger in size than the initial egg that is collected. Lower quality eggs may consist of uneven sized cells, not enough cells &/fragmentation. Fragmentation occurs during cell division/multiplication & depending on the degree of fragmentation, if high = poor quality embryo. Google embryo quality & amongst all the usual drivel you will find some really good sources that provide photos of what the embryos look like at various stages pre & post blasto. They also provide good explanations of what fragmentation means & why it occurs. Very science orientated & difficult for me to explain.
    Last cycle I transferred a day 3, 8 cell (not aware of grade - assumed to be high) non fragmented embryo & it didn't take. So even then, there's no guarantee.
    This cycle I transferred a day 2, 4 cell grade 4 embryo. The other embryos - at day 3 where 4 cell grade 2 (poor), 6 cell grade 3 (I think) and 16cell grade 4 (dividing & multiplying much too fast) - likely abnormal. Hence why I never froze any.

Hope this helps.x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a day 2, 5 cell (grade 3) Transferred last time. It was dividing a bit fast really and ended in a chemical pregnancy. Bonnie told me that 'grade 3' are the most likely to result in pregnancy or the most common grade to result in pregnancy. Pap is right, they do grade at the TFC from 1-5, with 5 being the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i went in for ET the lab person (what is her role exactly?? Embryologist??) was relaying the embryo quality for me as I had indicated I may want to freeze some, at day 2 the highest quality IMO would have been the 6cell grade 4 followed by the 4 cell grade 4. She too had ranked them in that order but said "bonnie prefers the 4 cell grade 4 so we'll have another look before transfer". Low & behold, getting set up on the trolley...the 6 cell had become 8 so she opted for Bonnie's preference & we decided to monitor the 8 cell which became 16 by day 3!! She knows her stuff Bonnie!! She was really good with my scans too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow thanks. So I lie, I have been told then. My last one was a Compacting day 3, 12 cell, grade 5. It just wasn't explained to meant what it all meant. How did I NOT get utd with that puppy???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Wow thanks. So I lie, I have been told then. My last one was a Compacting day 3, 12 cell, grade 5. It just wasn't explained to meant what it all meant. How did I NOT get utd with that puppy???
    I KNOW!!! My last one was "perfect" their words. Didn't implant!! Pfft. It's hard work this business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    When i went in for ET the lab person (what is her role exactly?? Embryologist??) was relaying the embryo quality for me as I had indicated I may want to freeze some, at day 2 the highest quality IMO would have been the 6cell grade 4 followed by the 4 cell grade 4. She too had ranked them in that order but said "bonnie prefers the 4 cell grade 4 so we'll have another look before transfer". Low & behold, getting set up on the trolley...the 6 cell had become 8 so she opted for Bonnie's preference & we decided to monitor the 8 cell which became 16 by day 3!! She knows her stuff Bonnie!! She was really good with my scans too.
    So if I understand the 16 cell by day 3 (the one you and the other embryologist (not Bonnie) thought was the best initially, was actually dividing too fast??? How did it end up Pap??.

LOL Ngazi "that puppy"...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dunno, i had the transfer on day 2 (when it went from 6-8cell) the 4cell seemed good so that's why we put that one back & decided to observe the other overnight for freezability. I was at work & had missed calls advising me that the embryo had went from 8-14-16 cell, initially the embryologist thought it might be good for freezing...along with the other average embryo. I had some reservations, by the time I called back the lab person had spoken to 2 other embryologists at the bigger clinic in the city for advice & they suggested that in their experience these embryos can have DNA problems & not develop further or miscarry.

i guess 6cell at day2 is fine but 8cell & above is more appropriate by day3??