Closed Thread
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    Morning ladies

Nat, good luck! The wait does suck and it uncomfortable. I have never gone over so not sure exactly how bad it can get but I know by 38 weeks I was done lol.

Sarah, that's a bugger! Did they do the full anatomy scan anyway? You just finding out gender in two weeks? I'll be sure to book my scan (if I'm lucky enough) for 20 weeks.

Simmo, looks like you're all settling in nicely. She's a doll.

Well I had my scan on Friday but it didn't go so great unfortunately. Whilst I had lots of follies they were only about 7-9mm...so way tiny. Nothing like last time! They nurses said its really hard to find the balance in ladies that OHSS because your body can sometimes react differently. So I was told to stop the Cetrotide (because I seemed to be getting really bad headaches and I wasn't going to O anytime soon) and to up my dose to 125ui (was 150 last time). So I'll take may Cetrotide to the clinic tomorrow for another scan. Wish me luck they have grown. I don't think I could handle another no go cycle. EPU was scheduled for Wednesday but who knows when it will happen!
    Thank you we are still trying to settle I. She doesn't sleep well at night that's the killer how ever she is slightly better to bubs that are breast feed as they are every 3 hrs its hard to a just to full night sleeps to very little but I wouldn't change it for the world wish you all the best and baby dust your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    No Trying they would not even attempt a scan at all! The anatomy part is the reason why they wouldnt do it, apparently 18 and a half is not far enough even though gp told me otherwise, already a confusion without having doc say one thing and ultrasound tech saying another, so 20 weeks for anatomy scan which includes gender
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    Morning ladies

Nat, good luck! The wait does suck and it uncomfortable. I have never gone over so not sure exactly how bad it can get but I know by 38 weeks I was done lol.

Sarah, that's a bugger! Did they do the full anatomy scan anyway? You just finding out gender in two weeks? I'll be sure to book my scan (if I'm lucky enough) for 20 weeks.

Simmo, looks like you're all settling in nicely. She's a doll.

Well I had my scan on Friday but it didn't go so great unfortunately. Whilst I had lots of follies they were only about 7-9mm...so way tiny. Nothing like last time! They nurses said its really hard to find the balance in ladies that OHSS because your body can sometimes react differently. So I was told to stop the Cetrotide (because I seemed to be getting really bad headaches and I wasn't going to O anytime soon) and to up my dose to 125ui (was 150 last time). So I'll take may Cetrotide to the clinic tomorrow for another scan. Wish me luck they have grown. I don't think I could handle another no go cycle. EPU was scheduled for Wednesday but who knows when it will happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know at this point, where IVF is a necessity, gender shouldn't be an issue. But I can't help but hope that I will be lucky enough to get a boy. Don't get me wrong I will love my future child no matter what.

Did/does anyone else have a preference?

I only ask, because one of the many pregnant women at work was saying the other day how much she's trying to convince herself she's having a boy so that when it's born she isn't upset. When asked if it was because she wanted a girl she said "Of course, every girl wants a girl!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Simmo
    Even if you have had no or one or five babies, they are all so different and you just got to do what ever gets you through the night
    If you are happy to rock them to sleep them rock them to sleep, if you are happy to sleep with your baby then do that, if you are happy to let them cry to sleep, do that.
    You have to do what ever makes you and your hubby happy.
    Some babys never sleep well and others do.
    My oldest didn't sleep through till a year old, 2nd child slept and ate every 2hrs till he was 9mths old. 3rd slept through everyones noise and was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old, but she had clicky hips at 4 mths and had to go in a brace, had exczma and food allergies and then had her tonsils out at 16mths old. Every time she had tonsilious it would disrupt her sleep and it would take forever to correct her sleep patterns.
    All I know is follow your heart, it will tell you what will work best for you.
    Sometimes the more knowledge you have or advice from people the more stressed it makes you.
    Just take one day at a time and it will all fall into place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping41more View Post
    Mrs Simmo
    Even if you have had no or one or five babies, they are all so different and you just got to do what ever gets you through the night
    If you are happy to rock them to sleep them rock them to sleep, if you are happy to sleep with your baby then do that, if you are happy to let them cry to sleep, do that.
    You have to do what ever makes you and your hubby happy.
    Some babys never sleep well and others do.
    My oldest didn't sleep through till a year old, 2nd child slept and ate every 2hrs till he was 9mths old. 3rd slept through everyones noise and was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old, but she had clicky hips at 4 mths and had to go in a brace, had exczma and food allergies and then had her tonsils out at 16mths old. Every time she had tonsilious it would disrupt her sleep and it would take forever to correct her sleep patterns.
    All I know is follow your heart, it will tell you what will work best for you.
    Sometimes the more knowledge you have or advice from people the more stressed it makes you.
    Just take one day at a time and it will all fall into place
    Thank you you made me feel better people saying oh you shouldn't do this blah blah she sleeps through any notice the problem is its like he has become reliant on the tv being on ?? She has had good sleep this afternoon from 5.30 to 9.30 so 4 hrs just need her to keep doing that I have had to tell hubby let her mown and grown stop talking to her at night unless she is crying don't pick her up to let her sooth her self thank you again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hope for a!!!! No this isn't my first cycle it will be my 3rd :-( I think I'm starting on 125 puregon or how ever u spell it lol. I'm really hoping it works this time! I just want everything to go smoothly lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well second cycle but third transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well scan #2 revealed my follies are growing excruishling slow. They are only about 10mm now and smaller. Can't believe the difference between this cycle and the last. Still on 125ui but they'll ring me this afternoon after they gets bloods to see if they'll up a bit higher and just keep chugging. EPU was scheduled for Wednesday but I'll be lucky to make Monday, if at all, at this pace. Sigh. All I want to do is finish one cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally after a month's wait, dr's appt tomorrow hopefully all is good with result and we will have a ivf plan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I know at this point, where IVF is a necessity, gender shouldn't be an issue. But I can't help but hope that I will be lucky enough to get a boy. Don't get me wrong I will love my future child no matter what.

Did/does anyone else have a preference?

I only ask, because one of the many pregnant women at work was saying the other day how much she's trying to convince herself she's having a boy so that when it's born she isn't upset. When asked if it was because she wanted a girl she said "Of course, every girl wants a girl!"
    i want a girl =) so does my fiance, but we'd be happy with just a healthy baby =)