+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have watched some of these videos on Youtube. There was one that was on American breakfast Today show (I think) and it made me cry it was so cool! I love the idea, but would do it with my immediate family only.

(edit: it was Good Morning America)
    Last edited by littleriv; 04-03-2013 at 13:27. Reason: added info

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It sounds cute but I wouldn't throw a party just for that. I like the idea of making a bit of a deal out of revealing the gender, but it would definitely only be done with my nearest & dearest. Or maybe as a bit of a surprise at another occasion (as long as you weren't stealing anyone else's thunder). So as part of a baby shower or if it coincided with one of our birthdays (immediate family).

But if I received an invite to a specific "gender reveal party" I think I would have difficulty reading it due to excessive eye rolling but then I'm not a fan of those kind of things, I didn't have a baby shower during either pregnancy for example, and generally find baby showers awkward kind of events.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dunno... I think it's maybe kinda cute if you do it yourself - like your own little family, but if someone wanted me to come to their house for a party so we could celebrate whether or not the baby was supposed to be a boy or a girl, I would be all, "Wtf?" and think it was a pretty dumb reason to have a party. lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Kaybaby  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I dunno... I think it's maybe kinda cute if you do it yourself - like your own little family, but if someone wanted me to come to their house for a party so we could celebrate whether or not the baby was supposed to be a boy or a girl, I would be all, "Wtf?" and think it was a pretty dumb reason to have a party. lol.
    Umm yep, I'm with Sassy on this one...but I don't like baby showers either. I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never heard of it, but I think it's a bit odd. IMO it's a very personal thing, not something I would want to find out in a room full of people.

But then I don't like the idea of finding out the sex while pregnant anyway, I think it's something that should happen in that very momentous moment when I have just given birth, give my baby it's first cuddle, and find out the sex myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like what River Song did, anything more than that would have me rolling my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Never heard of it, but I think it's a bit odd. IMO it's a very personal thing, not something I would want to find out in a room full of people.

But then I don't like the idea of finding out the sex while pregnant anyway, I think it's something that should happen in that very momentous moment when I have just given birth, give my baby it's first cuddle, and find out the sex myself.
    I agree with this. We didn't find out for #1 or #2 and would prefer not to know but the girls are obsessed with finding out so we do. I don't get the whole "gender reveal". What are the guests supposed to do once you tell them? They should be happy either way. I never know what to say when someone tells me what they're having - apart from congratulations.

But outside immediate family I don't really think it's something I'm that invested in that I'd want to either have a party to declare or attend a party to find out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think I agree with Dragon22's idea of having a family dinner or BBQ and having the gender reveal cake for dessert. That seems more my style. And a bit more special than just finding out from the sonographer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I love the idea of the cake revealing the gender and all that, but I do think the idea of having a party just to reveal the gender is a bit...I dunno...indulgent I suppose. Maybe if it was a part of the baby shower instead it would be better and part of the fun.

Saying that, who am I to tell people what party they should have for their babies....if you want to do it, go for it and bugger what anyone else thinks
    This is exactly what we did - reveal we were having a girl by cutting into our pink cake, as part of our baby shower. Was lovely!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Pumpkaboo  (04-03-2013)