+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thoughts on this????

I was just after everyones thoughts on this news article. This man was convicted on multiple counts of rape and assault and released after 12 years in prison. One count of rape carries life imprisonment and this SOB was allowed to walk after 12 years for MULTIPLE counts of rape. He was barely out of prison before breaching his supervision order and assaulting his partner. He was deemed a "significant risk to the community".

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/latest/...ne-siege-ends/

I am glad that he will never rape or assault any woman ever again and that the community is safe from him. It is such a failing of our society and justice system that this man was even allowed out of prison after multiple convictions for rape. I absolutely detest rapists and firmly believe they should never be released from prison especially if they are convicted on multiple counts!!!!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found it bizarre that he was released. Only thing I can think of is he schmoozed his way out (showing how well behaved he is).

I also feel sorry for his partner who copped assault shortly after his released.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I believe in Victoria the maximum for rape is 25 years, not life. Quite a number of prisoners are allowed out under supervision after serving 50%.

However.... After seeing what he did so quickly after being released they certainly made a mistake in granting his parole! I wonder if he is a psychopath who had them all fooled or if he slipped through the system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise it was 25 years down there I live in the NT where murder and rape carry life imprisonment not that anyone ever gets that though!

I don't think he fooled the system or slipped through the cracks I think society and the legal system is to influenced by people believing that criminals can be rehabilitated and fixed but that Is just not the case in some instances some people like this guy are just bad to the core an cant or won't be rehabilitated so they should be locked away forever and never taste freedom again. But they don't they always get released and look what happens thank god he didn't hurt more people then his partner or any of the police involved

The courts or the people responsible for his release lawyers/parole board should be held accountable for him being able to harm people again but I know they won't. At least we can all take solace in the fact that he is where he belongs now