+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Problems with Bio dad

I am the BM of two gorgeous DDs but have repartnered so figured this would probably fit best here. I am at my wits end with the girls Bio dad. DP and I have the girls all the time excepting every 3rd weekend and (supposedly) half if each school holidays. We've been separated for 2 years and in that time Bio Dad has decided to move to NZ for 6 months, change his visits from bi-weekly to every school holidays to a week of the Xmas holidays to the current arrangement. He pays no child support at all yet moans about the $30 each visit for the round trip to pick up and drop off the girls. Apparently I am struggling with them because this weekend the found some lice in their hair. Never mind that I informed him on pick up that I had treated them on Thursday so they may have some eggs or hatched lice -!: never mind the fact that one is in school and the other is in daycare. Apparently since both DP and I work full-time and we have told him that we are not sharing the tolls cost for visits unless he starts helping out with their living costs means we're struggling financially and can't cope with them. I am very quickly coming to understand the BMs out there who take their kids and leave the state or take off and never let Bio dad see the kids. I guess I'd like to know whether the step mums and bio dad's in this section think that his behaviour is acceptable and we should just suck it up or whether we are right to be seriously frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be seriously frustrated! Why don't you call the CSA and they can take over collection of his child support?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because according to them he doesn't need to pay anything

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroha0509 View Post
    So you earn more than him?

I would tell him to suck it up and stop being such a whinging biatch about it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so so wrong! I believe he should suck it up and stop whinging about the pickup $$$ As He's not supporting them through CS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    So you earn more than him?

I would tell him to suck it up and stop being such a whinging biatch about it
    Great minds think alike

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emails have got us absolutely nowhere unfortunately. I will be researching mediation tonight and calling around over the next day or two to get things rolling. I guess I just wanted confirmation that we're not being unreasonable and that he is in fact being frustratingly self absorbed about the whole matter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Emails have got us absolutely nowhere unfortunately. I will be researching mediation tonight and calling around over the next day or two to get things rolling. I guess I just wanted confirmation that we're not being unreasonable and that he is in fact being frustratingly self absorbed about the whole matter
    He's being a douche. bio dads can be such pains in the a$$. My XH certainly is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex also whinges he has dd when he feels like it approx one night a month, he complains about how far he has to come to get her we meet half way actually probably closer for him. He complains that it's petrol is expensive, I'm the one that drives dd round all the time, he won't make an effort with my dh so I'm the one who always has to do drop off and pick up. My dd is almost 11 and has worked out he's such a loser refuses to go most weeks hence the one night a month.
    It's hard but hang in there, your kids come first, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I don't think you are being unreasonable at all! My arrangement is every second weekend and half holidays. Very occasionally we change around, usually at his connivance never mine!! But ours is listed out in a court order which makes it good as I have that to back me up!
    That sounds very familiar lol. Ours is the same.