+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating scan...sac and yolk but no heartbeat.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences as me. I went for a dating scan on wednesday and from LMP thought I was 8.5 weeks. The scan showed a sac measuring 7.5 weeks and a yolk, but no sign of a baby or heartbeat. The sonographer said it didn't look good and I went straight to my GP who thought as well as I did that the dates just didn't work out. We thought the worst. I went for another blood test the next morning and was referred to my local hospital to the early pregnancy assessment service. The levels were up but not sure if they are going up or on thier way down. Due to the fact I fell while on Clomid and my cycles increase by about 10 days, there could be a slight chance everything could be ok, but I was told not to get my hopes up. I have sore breasts, I'm tired and have been peeing a lot and my stomach is quite bloated. I am going for another blood test and scan on Tuesday to see if my HCG has increased and see what the ultrasound shows. They are saying it is a possible non-progressive pregnancy. I would love to hear if anyone has been in this situation and the outcome. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi MissBlue, unfortunately I've been in the exact situation. I was pretty much on 8 weeks measuring about 6 (I can't remember how many days as well). I had a sac, yolk but no heart beat & no fetal pole. The most frustrating thing was, was that my HCG kept going up, which the GP told me was a good thing. A few days later I rang my ob/gyn in a panic & got in that same day. They did a scan & confirmed a missed miscarriage.

Thats only my experience, however I've heard heaps of lovely ladies on here have much the same thing happen & they were just not as far along as they thought they were. Did another scan in 1-2 weeks & found a healthy heart beat I hope a few see this & are able to post their positive stories on here for you Good luck. X

I hope you're just earlier on then you thought you were & I hope you have a sticky little buba in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    At my dating scan the sonographer first said 7.5 weeks, but couldn't find a baby/heart beat.

Then another tech came and said I was 5.5 weeks and found a flickering heart straight away. (too little to get a heart rate, but they found movement at least)

Is there a chance of human error maybe?

My circumstances were different but I had a good outcome - she's turns 1 in a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And totally different circumstances again but my bff is pregnant and had some things not look good early on and they told her don't get her hopes up, prepare for miscarriage. Etc. I think they probably do tell you to prepare rather than giving false hope.

What a scary position to be in though. I hope the days go quickly and that baby sticks in there!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did they do an internal scan too? I had a scan at 6w3d that showed a sac with nothing in it. But then he tried an internal instead and after a bit of searching came up with a tiny little dot with a flickering heartbeat.

I hope it all turns out ok for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have just been through the same thing and unfortunately for me it wasn't good. I still had all symptoms and my hcg levels were high. My gp monitored them every few days until they started dropping. I opted for a d&c because my hcg levels were still high and my body showed no sign of stopping any time soon.

Hopefully your outcome is a positive one

Thanks
    Reviews
    By dates I'm not very positive. My LMP was 28/12/12 but I'm just hoping my cycle was way out due to clomid.
    I did have an internal scan as the external one didn't show much.
    I have been trying over a year this time. I did fall on clomid last year but miscarried at 5w2days. It's so hard, I'm just so over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm currently 32 weeks with a baby that was 9 days out at my due date. So went in about 8.5 weeks and was told only 7 weeks pregnant. So I obviously ovulated 9 days late. I have no advice but just saying dates can be different to what you think. Maybe give it a week and have another scan and see then if their is a heart beat. Many hugs though, very stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i'm hoping the dates are out. My scan is tomorrow!
    I'm just wondering if the sac can be bigger in size than it's measuring? No one has really answered that for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Yeah, i'm hoping the dates are out. My scan is tomorrow!
    I'm just wondering if the sac can be bigger in size than it's measuring? No one has really answered that for me.
    What do you mean can it be bigger?