+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    the govt actually gave it out as a way of helping with the cost of having another bub not to save lol, it was because our birth rate was too low to provide a decent support system for the baby boomer generation as they age
    I think this is what she meant... that it was meant to be spent on bub, therefore putting it aside to spend on bub (wether it be in 2 months or 10 years) is what it was meant for so is therefore a good idea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Ah okay, well never mind then lol

I figure its given to you, its your money as long as bub isnt going without spent it how you wish
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put my DD's in to a savings account just over 5 years ago. Its still all there and I have put $10 in every week since she was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I think this is what she meant... that it was meant to be spent on bub, therefore putting it aside to spend on bub (wether it be in 2 months or 10 years) is what it was meant for so is therefore a good idea
    Thank-you, yes that's exactly what I meant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a great idea!

Credit card debt wooooo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds - spent it on surviving. Didn't qualify for centrelink payments at all and dh was made redundant and was casual so no leave (even though his contract stated permanent, so employer did the dirty on him)

Dd- had just bought a house so used it on many things.

#3 - had to upgrade the car so probably help with repayments and renovate our house (doing do already) and add equity to our home.

We save each week for our children now anyway. We are more about building a strong environment for them quickly. So whilst we use the money for house etc it makes us money in the long run, which in turn will go to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours will supplement our household income for a few months and save us from having to use our credit card as often as usual.
    Plus will mean hubby can not work every saturday and spend some time home with the kids

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't really thought about it much, no doubt something boring like savings or paying off debt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

We already have a little bank account for her so I was just seeing if there was no 'unexpected' baby surprises lurking after you have baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of mine have gone into insurance bonds for the kids high school educations. We also put money into them each month (the bonds, not the kids ).