+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby bonus

Just a general question. What did you do with the money? We have already got everything we need etc so I was thinking of putting it in a bank account for the babes education etc.

Is this a silly idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's a great idea. We got rid of everything after DD because I had went through 6 m/cs and decided no more. Now that we have just bought a new house we don't really have the funds to buy any baby things, so will be using it to re buy. Lol

Otherwise it would go into a savings account or we would use it for bills and expenses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Not a silly idea at all

First 2 times we used it as a 'maternity leave' type of pay as the paid parental leave didn't exist the first time and the second tome I wasn't eligible because I was casual.

This time, we have no plans for it yet. Probably put it into savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think with the first one we bought a TV and I got myself a laptop, and saved the rest.
    Second one we put it into savings, but I've used 1/4 of it for my study fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First one I spent on furniture for the house dd and I needed to move into, lent some to family I never got back, brought heaps of toys for DD and saved them for the next Christmas/birthday. She was born 2 weeks before Christmas.

Not sure what else, I'm sure I would have brought myself clothes.

Second one spent heaps coming to Sydney to see family and DS dad (we lived 3 hours away) so it went on petrol, accommodation and food while we were in Sydney. Fire wood as it snowed where we were, a new car as once we pack our corolla their was no room, toys for DS and no doubt clothes for me and DD.

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not silly at all monnie! I always planned to put the BB away as savings for the boys but always ended up using it to cover bills or towards a new car or something, This time its going towards our renos, lol our babies have all they want and need and making our home better for everyone seems pretty logical

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a great idea. First time I saved it, second time we bought a house so it all went towards the house deposit. This time we are renovating and having walls knocked down

we have 3 girls who need nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    We spent it on DS and rent.

This time I would like to save as much as possible to buy a car but we also need it to move and for other things.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Savings account is a brilliant idea and is going towards your LO - the very purpose of the BB

I had planned on doing exactly this, but sadly it won't be happening now. It will be put aside to help with the mortgage when my company paid mat leave finishes. Thankfully I'm having another DS so he doesn't actually 'need' stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours went into a savings account for DS to receive when he turns 21.