+ Reply to Thread
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default NSW, Dental gov assist?

Hey,

I have some dental work done that I really need. I've had my teeth looked at by a dentist (that visit was $250 alone) and have been told I have about $2,500-3,000 in work that needs doing. I just can't afford this.

I've been told I could go on a register/waiting list as I have a HCC for assistance with the fee's or something. But I can't remember where or how to find this.

I'm in NSW.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much.

Sent from my Unicorn.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Call the dental health line. If you google your local public hospital there should be a dental health number or you can call the hospital and ask.

They see people according to the severity of the problem so if you tell them you're in a lot of pain you may be seen sooner. You just can't pick and choose your appointment times.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh okay cool, I might do that tomorrow. I don't mind when they tell me to go in. I've had 8 infections in my jaw (around the root) in a year from one wisdom tooth. My front tooth is dropping down and hurts (no idea why). But all my wisdom teeth are falling apart plus I have a few extra holes.

It's frustrating and because I've been clueless on what to do I've left it so long.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The waiting lists are really long but if you tell them you are in a lot of pain they will give you a voucher to see your own dentist(only covers some of the cost and you pay the rest) But I think for something as expensive as you need you will probably be on the waiting list for years.
    I have the NSW number if you can't find it I will go through my million papers in 'the drawer' and find it lol
    They usually call you the day before your appointment and if you can't make it you go back on the waiting list.
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 03-03-2013 at 15:30.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately they might see you if you go very early in the morning as an emergency but it's usually a patch over job that's done by students (one dentist supervisors the students)
    The waiting lists are years literally.

http://www.createyourfuture.org.au/h...blic-dentists/

Dental problems suck and many many people are suffering many health problems because of it.

A while back I ended up getting a personal loan to have my teeth fixed final cost was just a few dollars below 10k.

I hope you sort something out I have been there and it's not a nice experiance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My DP called to go on the list and we thought it would be ages til he got in. They saw him the next week because he was in a lot of pain.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone for the answers and explanations. In all honesty I wouldn't mind waiting for years because at least I know it would get done... One day.

What annoys me more is I've already had 7k of dental work done when I had braces.

I know it can't be helped it is just annoying.

I wouldn't even mind a voucher to help. The biggest concern is the jaw infections because they actually completely numb that side of my face and I'm concerned it will do real damage at one time.

I looked on the web pages of local hospitals and couldn't find any numbers or even info.

So would love that number if anyone would like to pm me.

Thanks again for the support

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    The waiting lists are really long but if you tell them you are in a lot of pain they will give you a voucher to see your own dentist(only covers some of the cost and you pay the rest) But I think for something as expensive as you need you will probably be on the waiting list for years.
    I have the NSW number if you can't find it I will go through my million papers in 'the drawer' and find it lol
    They usually call you the day before your appointment and if you can't make it you go back on the waiting list.
    If you get a spare free moment, I would love the phone number, I have been hopeless trying to find it.

Thanks so much for the offer too.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have inboxed you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    I have inboxed you
    Thank you so much for doing that for me. You rock

Sent from my Unicorn.