+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's completely normal. All 3 of my bf babies liked to hold onto things for a week or two. The record was 3 weeks. All of which the MCHN assured me is completely normal. Only thing I ever did about was pray I was at home when it finally arrived!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yup normal for bf babies. My DS when 15 days once. hving said that though, he was not at all uncomfortable. Maybe check with the health nurse just to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mellysmama View Post
    After this many days, it surely must be infant-glycerine-suppository time.
    Beware of autointoxication from constipation (info at pureinsideout.com etc)
    I don't know where you're getting your info from but it is absolutely normal for exclusively breastfed babes to poo anywhere from several times a day to once every 7-10 days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My breastfed baby always pooped every day, BUT I agree with others and have heard the 'normal' range for breastfed bubs is much longer between #2s.
    Although in the next few days I'd be seeking advice, especially if she seems in pain from it.

How about infacol or a brauers natural product to assist . Pharmacy should be helpful !

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son would only go every 2 weeks when he was exclusively bf.. Now that he is on solids he goes everyday

As long as bubs have plenty of wet nappies there shouldn't be anything to worry about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've got this at the moment too. She is also 11 weeks old. She seems very uncomfortable though. She did one yesterday but it wasn't huge, certainly not as big as I thought it should be after that long. She is just screaming most of the time she is awake.