+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie with a BFP last week

Hi there,

It's my first time on this site. My husband and I were TTC our first since January and, in this, our second month got lucky!! I got a BFP five days before AF was due and I'm four days overdue now. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

I'm hoping to get some advice from all you mums as it's my first bub and I'm in Australia just two years so no family here (I'm going home for a visit in a few weeks so will hopefully let them know the good news then) . Only one friend has had a bub and it's too early to tell her/ask for advice. So.... for the time being we're kinda on our own with this!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome and congrats on your bfp!! Where abouts in Aus are you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

bluerinsebaby  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. Thanks mrstuilawa. I am in Sydney. When do you think I should go to Doctor? I'm 4 weeks and 4 days since last period. I don't know how this all works! I was going to wait until 8 weeks. Is that advisable? I'm 32 and healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're going private, you'll need to go to the GP ASAP and get a referral, then book in with your preferred OB. If you're going public, I don't think you need to hurry. It would be a good idea to get to the GP soon so you can get your prenatal care plan sorted out.

Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cue! Going public. I live right beside a good maternity hospital and have a good GP. I'll wait awhile then! Been taking my folic and iodine since December and now watching my food for 'bad stuff'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went earlier but I had no idea how far along I was so needed to get a dating scan. If all is well there isn't a problem in waiting though if you want to get in to a midwife program or anything with your hosp its better to get your referral done by your gp asap. Mine was done at 5w3d and I still didn't get in!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrstuilawa! I'll call my doctor tomorrow. The hospital has a good midwife program I was thinking of going with so I'll see what she says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I would recommend figuring out roughly your due date and joining a due date group, can't live without mine! If you go pregnancy and birth, they are in there. Sorry I can't give better directions,on my phone so not sure if it is different to finding them on a computer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going from first day of last AF it's 7 November. So, when you say due date group you mean on the forum here?