+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Pony tail, plait, 2 plaits, side plait, hair down with fringe pinned back.

I would love a straightener. I'd wear my hair down every day!
    Get one I see them as an essential
    It doesn't have to be exxy. I had a wahl before my ghd. I paid $120 for it at hairdressers and after 2 years of everyday use it died, so I bought another. You can get them off ebay, brand new for under $50 and they also curl like a ghd does.

ETA: I just checked, they're around $30. I had a pink, then a green (I have kept it as a back up)
    Last edited by atomicmama; 03-03-2013 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My fave straightener was a Remington ceramic slimline one which I paid all of $30 for at priceline years ago. I gave it to my sister a few years back and now she's got super short hair and my ghd broke she's given it back to me. Its about 6 years old now and going strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Get one I see them as an essential
    It doesn't have to be exxy. I had a wahl before my ghd. I paid $120 for it at hairdressers and after 2 years of everyday use it died, so I bought another. You can get them off ebay, brand new for under $50 and they also curl like a ghd does.
    I'm going to get a GHD in a few months time. Our finances are a bit tied up/short so I have to wait regardless but I'll get one soon!!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My ghd was turning on and off today when I was curling my hair I'm getting worried lol I have had it for like 8 years so can't complain

I'm thinking heated rollers may be a nice change to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When my hair was long (now a concave bob), I used to style my fringe (Bettie Page style) and straighten my hair just to neaten it (because it's pretty much straight anyway) and curl the ends under just slightly so they didn't flick out, and because dead-straight wasn't really very pinup.

When I was couldn't be stuffed I still had to style the fringe, but would just put it in a bun or ponytail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    My ghd was turning on and off today when I was curling my hair I'm getting worried lol I have had it for like 8 years so can't complain

I'm thinking heated rollers may be a nice change to
    Try pincurls. You can do it at night and sleep with them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nowhere that happened to mine, something wrong with the cord I didn't have mine for 8 years though that's a good innings!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yer dh is a sparky I will get him to cut and red the cord cause I think it's right at the start but typical he left for four weeks work today lol

Yerp 8 years and 2 of that was in the salon full time actually that must be 9 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Try pincurls. You can do it at night and sleep with them in.
    Good idea, I not done them since I was an apprentice lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Up until yesterday my hair was halfway down my back and super thick. It took way too long to do, so I used to wash it and put it up in a messy bun...and not brush it again until I washed it ahaon 2-3 days later lol.

So I chopped over 3 inches off it yesterday and Got it thinned right out. Now I can either let it dry naturally (which doesn't take all day now Its not so thick and long) and it's wavy or take 10 mins and straighten it.

It's still past my shoulders, so not exactly short but nowhere near as long as it was.