+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Urgent help - child may have swallowed pill

Hi all

Firstly please don't say anything nasty because I can assure you I'm doing that enough or everyone.

My DD is 2.5yo. Long story short she was trying not to sleep tonight and has climbed on to a table in our room, and opened my bag which had Avanza Soltab 15mg in it (an antidepressant). I know this is stupid, it was in a hidden away zipped part where I thought she couldn't reach it.

I have found all but one tablet. I called the poisons hotline and they said she'd need to have taken 6 to need to go to emergency. I don't even know if she did eat it,she said no first and yes after I started making a fuss about it.

I'm freakin out. Should I take her anyway? They've told me to look out for warning signs and to keep rousing her in her sleep for 4 hours just in case.

WWYD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id take her to be safe xx

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What does your gut tell you? If you're freaking out that much then I'd say take her to be sure but otherwise I'd just watch her and do as the poisons line said - you've found all but 1 tablet and they said she'd have to have taken 6 tablets for there to be a concern. I'd personally be watching and waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take her to hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 22:29.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Get her checked out just to be on te safe side xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ((Hugs)) can happen to the best of us.
    Hopefully she is all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the poision hotline was right but at the end of the day your the mother and your gut instinct is the best guide for you. If you feel something is not right then take her to get checked over by a doctor. One thing i have learnt since my daughter was born in 06 is that my mothers instinct when things arn't right is more often then not right.

My DD has had a few times in her life (maybe 6 times in her 6 years) that i've had a strong feeling in my gut i needed to get her to a doctor straight away, and out of those times 2 of them were ''potentially life threatening'' times, both of which i had to fight those around me on, the second time she was hospitialised for a few days and i was told she was close to blood poisioning. If i didn't listen to my mother instinct i may have either lost my darling DD or had a very very very sick little girl on my hands for alot longer then a week.

I'm sure your little one will be fine though! (the above was just my example of when my mothers instinct was screaming at me to obey it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just called them back again to confirm that she'd be ok. I have located all but one. The lady confirmed that if she'd only ingested 15mg then she'll be absolutely fine.

I just can't believe I let this happen. If anything happened to her...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I just called them back again to confirm that she'd be ok. I have located all but one. The lady confirmed that if she'd only ingested 15mg then she'll be absolutely fine.

I just can't believe I let this happen. If anything happened to her...
    Don't blame yourself huni, kids get into the most incredible places... The amount of times my DD has climbed on something to get what she wants is incredible. I have a cupboard that is 6foot high and she manages to get to the top to reach stuff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to c2p08 For This Useful Post:

lucymoo  (02-03-2013)