+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going to finish up at 34+5 and cant wait! My job is stressful and I work long hours so I am starting to feel the strain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I finished at 37 with no.1 if I get to have a 2nd I'd probably stop at 36 as that last week at work was tough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With number one I worked until 38 weeks, took flex leave for the last few days and officially started maternity leave at 39 weeks. DS was 10 days late and I was bored by then.

This time I'm still trying to decide whether to work until 37 or 38 weeks. I'm building my flex up just now, so likely will finish just before 38 weeks.

I needed a medical cert to work past 34 weeks but my midwife gave he it no problems at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started at 33+3. Was a prep teacher and with the pelvic pain etc I physically could not do it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I intended to work til 38 weeks but my OB laughed at me at 24 weeks saying I'd be lucky to still be pregnant by then.

I ended up staying til 33 weeks and having DD in the 37th week.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DD1 I worked until 38 weeks and DD was born 42+ weeks. I was bored out of my mind, but I was too bloated/uncomfortable to work.

DS I was self employed and worked until 2 days before DS was born. I felt great and felt comfortable enough to continue to work.

DD2 I had to stop work at 20 weeks due to medical complications. I enjoyed the extra time with the children but financially I really did need to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finishing up on Tuesday and will be 37weeks and 3 days. Physically I still think I could continue, but emotionally/ mentally over it so I think I'm leaving at the right time ( over games at work not the pregnancy )

I'm a little concerned boredom will set in but I figure worst case I will only be home 4 ish weeks so plenty of time to clean ( again) and just enjoy me time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a midwife working full time doing 12 hour shifts. I finished at 35+2 and gave birth at 39+2. In hindsight I'd have liked more time off as I spent most of it from 37 weeks trying to get into labour to avoid induction a 40 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I planned to finish 4 weeks before but due to medical probs the doc ordered me to give up work at 7 months. And DS was born at 36 weeks. I vomited the entire pregnancy - I definitely did not get bored but then I did have a lot of downloaded TV to watch. Rest while you can, I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same I can't wait works been flat out lately I can't wait to fnish. Myself and DH made sure we paid our registration for tar car for 12 months this time so least I will be back to work when it's due again and not due while off, it will be hard for me to drop my pay to half pay for a few weeks to PPL starts on top but it's manageable. Plus we have all the major items we need for bub I wanted to buy them while working still so all we will need eventually is nappies and formula plus fees for doc or pediatrician ect, I know we will definitely get enough clothes for pressies and I've bought heaps for bub already so I feel ok about it financially now. A few weeks ago I was stressing big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    I am going to finish up at 34+5 and cant wait! My job is stressful and I work long hours so I am starting to feel the strain.